Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    That is incorrect. You can go running around killing people in real life, but yes you get hunted down and judged. These actions are all done by other people not some sort of machine. This could easily translate to this game using KoS lists.

Anyhow I love the Wurms System. Having NPC gaurds. It works well and avoids random gankers ganking folks in the areas of the tribe.
    How am I wrong? You stated exactly what I did. You can go around killing people in real life, but you are severely punished for the crime. Right now there is no punishment in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but you are forgetting about other plyers besides yourself. The main hole in your perception is the lack of consideration for new players after prelude. How are they supposed to get started without some kind of safe zone for building? Please don't refer to tribes or friends as defense or protection.

If this game was based on more realism (you can only go so far with realism btw), then you would not be able to go around and kill everyone in their area because in a REAL world, crimes are punished(sometimes quite severely). Right now, there is no punishment, just reward.
    In a Post-Apocalyptic world crimes would be punished by no one, the strong would survive. Since Xsyon is set in a world based on society and not after the Apocalypse I have to agree with you... wait, no Xsyon is based in a lawless end of the world setting.

See, that is where your logic is wrong.

I don't even know what the argument is about. The question isn't IF the safezones go away, the question is WHEN. Prelude was supposed to last about 6 to 9 months.

How am I wrong? You stated exactly what I did. You can go around killing people in real life, but you are severely punished for the crime. Right now there is no punishment in game.
    If you want punishment, you have to create it yourselves. Make a band of law enforcers if you want. With no safezones you would be able to camp the bad guys and take care of them, over and over again.

I have one thing to add to this Redus. If the player is running around and killing good players, what kind of mechanism you can inforce in this cituation. What will the Real Life will have done??? Well if I saw the crime in RL, and I report it, then the perpetrator can be cut. What if no one saw the crime. Then the crime can countinue.
    Same here, if let say player G1, player G2, and player B. If player B kills player G1, and player G2 saw the crime, then player G2 can give the information to tribe members. Now the player B is on wanted list. This mechanism can be coded into the game.

So how the game mechanics can see the crime. If player G2 is within visible range from crime, and facing in the direction of a crime, then the player G2 is getting the crime information and saving in a record to be shared by anyone that the player G2 is willing to share. For crime flag to be set, the Player B have to attack first/or comit crime.

This all can be done by game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    In a Post-Apocalyptic world crimes would be punished by no one, the strong would survive. Since Xsyon is set in a world based on society and not after the Apocalypse I have to agree with you... wait, no Xsyon is based in a lawless end of the world setting.

See, that is where your logic is wrong.

I don't even know what the argument is about. The question isn't IF the safezones go away, the question is WHEN. Prelude was supposed to last about 6 to 9 months.
    My logic would be wrong if your opinion was right. It is just an opinion though. You are clinging to safe zones going away. I don't know if they will or will not go away. You are assuming that Xsyon is a lawless world. I see nothing to state if it is or is not, just guesses. If it were a real apoc., most people playing this game would already be dead, so the point is kinda moot.

Added: Haunt, I see many people like you saying that it is up to players to police the world. Many problems with this, if you open up your view. Examples: Players cannot be on 24/7, players want to play for fun, most people do not considering working as a police force in a game that you pay for as fun, never worked effectively in any game yet (even though some people have tried).

My logic would be wrong if your opinion was right. It is just an opinion though. You are clinging to safe zones going away. I don't know if they will or will not go away. You are assuming that Xsyon is a lawless world. I see nothing to state if it is or is not, just guesses. If it were a real apoc., most people playing this game would already be dead, so the point is kinda moot.

Added: Haunt, I see many people like you saying that it is up to players to police the world. Many problems with this, if you open up your view. Examples: Players cannot be on 24/7, players want to play for fun, most people do not considering working as a police force in a game that you pay for as fun, never worked effectively in any game yet (even though some people have tried).
    The cities are now JUNK PILES. There is nothing left but wildreness and JUNK. The people playing this game are the SURVIVORS. I will not hold a conversation with you if you are going to deny the BASIC ground PRINCIPLES of the game. Nothing I said was based on opinion. It is the APOCALYPSE. They did STATE that safezones were only for PRELUDE. In that setting, the only laws would be what the survivors decided to enforce. I guess you can call that an opinion, but it is based on logic.

We can continue this once you can come to grips on the facts I stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    The cities are now JUNK PILES. There is nothing left but wildreness and JUNK. The people playing this game are the SURVIVORS. I will not hold a conversation with you if you are going to deny the BASIC ground PRINCIPLES of the game. Nothing I said was based on opinion. It is the APOCALYPSE. They did STATE that safezones were only for PRELUDE. In that setting, the only laws would be what the survivors decided to enforce. I guess you can call that an opinion, but it is based on logic.

We can continue this once you can come to grips on the facts I stated above.
    You are treating this much too seriously. I understand the game and concept, that is why I am playing, because I am aware of what it is and like it.

You are leaving out a statement made by the dev where the choice to be warring or not would be made. You can ignore this fact all you want, and clearly you keep ignoring it in every post you make.

Once you get a grip on this reality, your smugness will subside.

How you perceive this game, may not be how others perceive it. This is something you personally struggle with. Get over it. The game cannot be everything YOU want it to be and only what you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Just because u want a safe zone forever, now you trying to create unrealistic balance in game. So u want me to craft a new weapon after each hit?? Lol please get real.
    What are you talking about ? So you don't want item decay ? You want the game being flooded by items, making crafting/looting useless ?

Try to think a bit before you post something, that might help

And yes, I want you to craft a new weapon after each hit ! Everyone should get a normal item decay but you, that would be hilarious seeing you hitting and using a new weapon after each hit

Lol. I never been against item decay, but it has to have a real reason how long it should last
    I know Jadzia you probably want that. But someday i might see you getting something from scrap piles, outside of your area. Thats would be a joyfull moment.

I don't really get what argument (if any) that Zen is trying to get at. He appears to be talking in circles and wants to argue without purpose. It is sad, however, that a huge amount of active forum posters are also as naive as he.

Joexxx and Haunt both get it, what are you missing Zen?

It will be extensively exploited whenever a player is given the ability to do so. Insert "X" value here. Giving the playerbase the ability to choose peace/war tribes is simply another "crutch" mechanic intended to pacify but creates imbalance. Doesn't matter who/how/if they implement this or not, it will still be easily circumvented. It doesnt matter how anyone "perceives" the post apocalyptic game we are playing, its what the MECHANICS of the game allow that dictates how it will be played.

Prelude/Safezones - if this game truly was intended to "evolve", waiting 6-9 months to add gates/remove safe zones is NOT IT. People are already leaving the game en masse or simply not logging in due to the "sandcastle complete - do what now?" scenario. Not addressing it VERY soon will simply fuel stagnation even more, until the game is virtually dead. We ALL want a healthy population, of all types of players, dont we?

The "new" player coming to the game - You realize that, in the current state of affairs, this is only a temporary thing IF things do not get changed/evolved/addressed asap! New players DONT get 2+ free months, PO overpowered weapons, and various other perks. Safe zones, here or gone, are completely eclipsed by these facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    I don't really get what argument (if any) that Zen is trying to get at. He appears to be talking in circles and wants to argue without purpose. It is sad, however, that a huge amount of active forum posters are also as naive as he.

Joexxx and Haunt both get it, what are you missing Zen?

It will be extensively exploited whenever a player is given the ability to do so. Insert "X" value here. Giving the playerbase the ability to choose peace/war tribes is simply another "crutch" mechanic intended to pacify but creates imbalance. Doesn't matter who/how/if they implement this or not, it will still be easily circumvented. It doesnt matter how anyone "perceives" the post apocalyptic game we are playing, its what the MECHANICS of the game allow that dictates how it will be played.

Prelude/Safezones - if this game truly was intended to "evolve", waiting 6-9 months to add gates/remove safe zones is NOT IT. People are already leaving the game en masse or simply not logging in due to the "sandcastle complete - do what now?" scenario. Not addressing it VERY soon will simply fuel stagnation even more, until the game is virtually dead. We ALL want a healthy population, of all types of players, dont we?

The "new" player coming to the game - You realize that, in the current state of affairs, this is only a temporary thing IF things do not get changed/evolved/addressed asap! New players DONT get 2+ free months, PO overpowered weapons, and various other perks. Safe zones, here or gone, are completely eclipsed by these facts.
    It is easy to say someone "does not get it" when their opinion is different than yours. I do get it. I get it quite easily. In fact anyone with a brain would get it.

Again, you can make any assumption you want about a player base, but until it is a proven fact, it is an assumption. Do you get that?

I have already stated that people will exploit. I have also stated that many people do not exploit. Do you get that?

Your statements about prelude and new players are opinions and assumptions at best. New players will need safe zones even more so than we do now, because all the old players will be established and skilled up. Do you get that?

If you need further clarity on anything I say, just ask. I am not narrow-minded or closed-minded to other peoples views, but I will consider them and discuss them, especially if I see a really poor, baseless, fear-mongering, or presumtious post.