Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean. Yes, fixing sync would make other things more tolerable. Yes, I'd like that fix to be quick like a band-aid, but no, I wouldn't want that fix to be temporary like a band-aid. So, I am saying that I'd probably be happy with the current PVP system for at least a while if they would just fix the sync. Not sure if that is what you meant.
    Is the sync issue related to lag? I'm just curious... if two players are in the middle of a zone and have been there a while, so that the server and their clients have had a chance to catch up, is there still a sync problem?

Would it be feasible to build an arena somewhere in the middle of a zone, remove the totem, and have exhibition fights in said arena?

Not a long term solution by any stretch but wondering if that would work.

Whatever. People can be sheep and follow the crowd out toward some MMORPG that provide instant gratification and will dangle carrots in front of your nose so to keep you "immersed." Don't think they'll find anything as innovative as Xyson out there, though. I'm going to stick around and see where they can go with a game world that has navigable, player-morphable 3D terrain rendered to the horizon. It's only been 3 weeks since launch, FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy2292 View Post
    do other things to kill time if there looking for a more finished product so to speak and not give up on xsyon so easily due to unfinished features at the prime of there release.
    Nothing wrong at all with this. right? wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jemmus View Post
    Whatever. People can be sheep and follow the crowd out toward some MMORPG that provide instant gratification and will dangle carrots in front of your nose so to keep you "immersed." Don't think they'll find anything as innovative as Xyson out there, though. I'm going to stick around and see where they can go with a game world that has navigable, player-morphable 3D terrain rendered to the horizon. It's only been 3 weeks since launch, FFS.
    there are other games that had far worse issues in the first month, EarthRise was completely unplayable for the first month and had a larger development team that Xsyon, yet Xsyon manged to fix most of the issues in about 2.

1. the xsyon dev team did an excellent job fixing the technical issues of the game, and that very quickly when compared to most or all other mmorpgs.

2. however, i would say Xsyon is more a niche game than most other mmorpgs. therefore customers running away in dozens per day is not that good. because these pre-order and early buyers are supposedly those who form the long term subscriber base.
    they are the hardcore players! losing them early by mistakes like a destroyed economy (likely never to be repaired until a new full wipe) may be the first nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelusDD View Post
    1. the xsyon dev team did an excellent job fixing the technical issues of the game, and that very quickly when compared to most or all other mmorpgs.

2. however, i would say Xsyon is more a niche game than most other mmorpgs. therefore customers running away in dozens per day is not that good. because these pre-order and early buyers are supposedly those who form the long term subscriber base.
    they are the hardcore players! losing them early by mistakes like a destroyed economy (likely never to be repaired until a new full wipe) may be the first nail in the coffin.

^^This^^

This is the kind of game the Rift/WOW player asks his buddy the hardcore gamer about. If the hardcore gamer replies with "yeah I got it 2 weeks ago, but I'm done playing it. I'm pretty bored. There's not a lot of crafting, and combat is kind of boring, and there's nothing to fight for or to accomplish by trading" Do you think that mainstream gamer is gonna make the switch? So there are many times when it's not just one player you're losing, you're losing that one player and his 3 friends he would have hyped up to get the game.

Lag spike monster is back right now. It's not totally empty.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelusDD View Post
    The problem is though, not all the technical issues have been fixed, and this is what a lot of the community is having trouble with. Tracking is off so combat is impossible, animals wont respawn, so hunting is impossible, lag spikes are still constant, crashes on zone crossings are still common, collision on some things dont work, exploits that are apparently known but havent been fixed, I wont list them here of course. Thats just off the top of my head, so I'm sorry, but no, the technical issues of the game have not been fixed quickly. Some may have been improved, but certainly not fixed.

I think a big problem is Jooky's lack of reading threads like this. I can understand he is busy with the coding, but I fear he may have lost touch with the community over the past month or two. I just hope his mod team are reporting back to him the general consensus and concerns of the majority of the player base.

this game has peaked already

Our once tribe of near 80, who posted all day long about the game in Feb and into March hasn't had a post on it's general forum in 2 days.

This game once had the interest of other MMO sites as well - now?

Sure, you don't care you say, you have your niche sandbox with noone to play with
    It bums me out that there will be no growing population in a game that is driven by players - I have been there and done that, except in some cases that took years - in this case, it is far too quick.

What I see is a game that is still - the same- if not worse off than when it was in beta. I always come back to the word potential.

Really- it would take one major feature addition since early Feb to prove or show this game is worth continuing to follow, let alone pay for.

How about adding the species of animals, or 1/2 of the ones that were supposed to be at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Tracking is off so combat is impossible, animals wont respawn, so hunting is impossible, lag spikes are still constant, crashes on zone crossings are still common, collision on some things dont work, exploits that are apparently known but havent been fixed,
    - in my fights i was very able to hit and got hit. and i log in with a standard 125ms ping from europe. kills included....but i know what you mean. there is the odd chance for tracking being off.
    - animals do respawn. only a few days ago i hunted and got hunted by animals.... yet i admit the spawn at very odd places and not really realistic.
    - lag spikes are rare. if they hit then only for a few seconds and not very often. and i have literally visited all boards.
    - zone crossing lags are horrible! but game does no longer crash at all after they fixed that direct x issue
    - never noticed wrong collisions.
    - dont know anything about exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    I think a big problem is Jooky's lack of reading threads like this. I can understand he is busy with the coding, but I fear he may have lost touch with the community over the past month or two. I just hope his mod team are reporting back to him the general consensus and concerns of the majority of the player base.
    i really hope the mods do report about these threads.

overall i have much more problems with the lack of content.
    whole house valerius stopped playing. and some here know that we are quite hardcore.