Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: @ Dev Danathur

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Perhaps, but it is not showing in Xsyon.
    I vote to rename Azhul as Illmaculate II

Yes, because we all know code just writes itself instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I vote to rename Azhul as Illmaculate II
    Pro response....

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Yes, because we all know code just writes itself instantly.
    I am pretty sure we all know a week isn't 'instantly'.

@OP:
    Jordi had to visit the new programmers and discuss a lot of the ideas we spoke internally about. As soon as he is back, I will have for sure a meeting and get more infos about what can be done when and what ideas will not make it. As much as I would like to give you more details, I prefer to wait until they get a solid base to talk about. Anything else would be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danathur View Post
    @OP:
    Jordi had to visit the new programmers and discuss a lot of the ideas we spoke internally about. As soon as he is back, I will have for sure a meeting and get more infos about what can be done when and what ideas will not make it. As much as I would like to give you more details, I prefer to wait until they get a solid base to talk about. Anything else would be a waste of time.
    Speaking of wasting time...

If only there was some way to converse with people a long way away without traveling to where they are. Some long-range communication method, perhaps involving the use of those things called 'computers'.

Fail excuse. Xsyon dies while the devs take vacations. You are not dedicated.

I wasted my money buying Xsyon. I won't be wasting any more.

Speaking of wasting time...

If only there was some way to converse with people a long way away without traveling to where they are. Some long-range communication method, perhaps involving the use of those things called 'computers'.

Fail excuse. Xsyon dies while the devs take vacations. You are not dedicated.

I wasted my money buying Xsyon. I won't be wasting any more.
    That was harsh and a little out of line.

You might be too new to know the history of this game, but let me fill you in. And please someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of this. This game has gone through a year long delay because the programmers were not being watched over the way they should have been, causing Jordi to have to rewrite most of the code himself. If proper supervision was done to begin with, this game would have launched a year ago. I can't imagine how hard it is to run a company with over seas staff without making some mistakes.

That being said, I think he has learned from those mistakes and trying not to repeat them. There is nothing wrong with traveling to where your staff is every now and then to relay your message and vision clearly, make sure they have a clear understanding of your expectations and make sure everything is being done properly. That is standard business practice.

I've been here since August and seen the hard work put into this game. You have my support, Jordi. Be a leader and do what you have to keep your team running smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by fiolaja View Post
    Harsh yes, but not out of line.
    You might be too new to know the history of this game, but let me fill you in. And please someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of this. This game has gone through a year long delay because the programmers were not being watched over the way they should have been, causing Jordi to have to rewrite most of the code himself. If proper supervision was done to begin with, this game would have launched a year ago. I can't imagine how hard it is to run a company with over seas staff without making some mistakes.

That being said, I think he has learned from those mistakes and trying not to repeat them. There is nothing wrong with traveling to where your staff is every now and then to relay your message and vision clearly, make sure they have a clear understanding of your expectations and make sure everything is being done properly. That is standard business practice.

I've been here since August and seen the hard work put into this game. You have my support, Jordi. Be a leader and do what you have to keep your team running smoothly.
    It is also standard business practice to be sure what you sell works.

I don't care a jot about what soap opera dramas have been happening behind the scenes. Once you start selling your product, it had better be run professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by fiolaja View Post

+1 well said.

Harsh yes, but not out of line.

It is also standard business practice to be sure what you sell works.

I don't care a jot about what soap opera dramas have been happening behind the scenes. Once you start selling your product, it had better be run professionally.
    What NG is selling works. Its just not fully done yet. Like any MMO.

I think NG has done a good job overall about being professional. Im sure every company has employees that step out of line. They are corrected and a new policy is put into place to prevent it from happening again. Its very common.

Now you acting like a 1 year old without a bottle, well I wish that could be corrected.
    We understand it, you are upset with the state of the game, you are upset with the set backs, you are upset with how some of the guides and people treat you. Well you act like a jerk, expect to be treated like one. I know I do it all the time, I dont expect people to not get upset with me.

Anyways, you have 100% right to leave. Xsyon has 100% right to boot you. If you dont like it, make a post on how to fix it, leave, deal with it, or email Jordi himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What NG is selling works.
    Does comfort work? Do walls keep animals out? Does a roof keep the rain off you? Do your assigned points to skills work?

Its just not fully done yet. Like any MMO.
    THAT is exactly why we have had so many lousy MMOs release in recent years. People like you making excuses for garbage.