Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont have a problem with limiting me to 3 skills per pool at 100. I already expect this to happen even though it might take time. So deleting my other skills in my pool to keep 3 skills at 100 is not a problem for me.
    That is a good start.
    Another question: Will we be able to use skill points in another group if those skill points aren't used?
    For example: If I only use 2 skills in combat will I be able to use skill points from 3rd skill in say resource group?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    That is a good start.
    Another question: Will we be able to use skill points in another group if those skill points aren't used?
    For example: If I only use 2 skills in combat will I be able to use skill points from 3rd skill in say resource group?
    Its 2 locks per pool on test, so no.

Xsyon Citizen
    Its 2 locks per pool on test, so no.
    2 skills per pool six pools 12 locks, will I be able to distribute those 12 locks to any skills I choose in any pool?

actually ddt, ive finished my city 4 times, and then ripped it rite back apart. same as loki has. and i got a fair amount of skills to 100 and 2 stats are 2 points from 100. Game im in now, i havent noticed the grind and skills are at 50. My point is ddt, that the game kept me so occupied that i didnt notice a grind at all because their was so much to choose from. In xyson you are limited on what you can do, so choice is small. So when u grind u know ur grinding as ya sit their spaming it all day. Also the nice pop i see over their chating etc really helps. Xsyon once had this pop at launch n it shrank before u came back. and to my old chatin pals reply, i do want pvp in xsyon, but give pve the off button and pvp the on button and make it a perminant choice. What i have noticed in all my years of playing games is, when people want pve, they are 100% pve n want no part of pvp, same goes for pvp. beleave this is a way both can coexist on the same server while encouraging trade. But trade wont happen unless their is more things to do to encourage a higher pop. Also in a game a like this you will never see a booming econ like eves. Unless ofc ya copy it. You can call bs to me all u ya want ddt. I always remember u stick to your views n always feel their rite. But in the end you will find xsyon's pop shrink n shrink tills theirs barley any of ya around. The game needs more content to occupy the player. Restrict that player, they get bored faster and leave as we all have seen in the past year +. Personally if xsyon adopted wurms crafting system and all u can do in that game + eves game mechanics and how they run their econ id see xsyon getting that 10k-50k subs Jordi hopes to have someday. But i shall watch from the sidelines now, and im not gonna post back in this thread as i know ill get baited along to keep debating things. This is my opnion it obviously works. Statistics prove it. but have fun. (also the pop over their at peak hours is well over 1000 n thats just the pve servers, its a steady 24/7 pop, also alot has changed since u was their and it changes more n more.) but i ant here to advertise that game, im here to give my opnion of wat i noticed can and will work. (also i can build more in wurm then i can in xsyon, again go pop into that game and ull see it :-P )

fatboy

Have to agree with the skills in Xsyon needing much more depth and breadth. As is, it is just fil slots and click. The only remotely involved skills are Architect and Wainwright which have sub-components. Skills like masonry and woodworking are severely lacking; same or more amount of grinding as the others, but the reward for it isn't there. We need more sub-components, more choices opened up for each material in each item, optional materials beyond the basics required, etc. When you make a knife you should have to choose between a metal handle, plastic handle, or which type of specific wood handle as each would affect the final result differently--just as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    2 skills per pool six pools 12 locks, will I be able to distribute those 12 locks to any skills I choose in any pool?

No, 2 locks per pool only, So a max of 3 skills at 100 per pool.

Added after 14 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    actually ddt, ive finished my city 4 times, and then ripped it rite back apart. same as loki has. and i got a fair amount of skills to 100 and 2 stats are 2 points from 100. Game im in now, i havent noticed the grind and skills are at 50. My point is ddt, that the game kept me so occupied that i didnt notice a grind at all because their was so much to choose from. In xyson you are limited on what you can do, so choice is small. So when u grind u know ur grinding as ya sit their spaming it all day. Also the nice pop i see over their chating etc really helps. Xsyon once had this pop at launch n it shrank before u came back. and to my old chatin pals reply, i do want pvp in xsyon, but give pve the off button and pvp the on button and make it a perminant choice. What i have noticed in all my years of playing games is, when people want pve, they are 100% pve n want no part of pvp, same goes for pvp. beleave this is a way both can coexist on the same server while encouraging trade. But trade wont happen unless their is more things to do to encourage a higher pop. Also in a game a like this you will never see a booming econ like eves. Unless ofc ya copy it. You can call bs to me all u ya want ddt. I always remember u stick to your views n always feel their rite. But in the end you will find xsyon's pop shrink n shrink tills theirs barley any of ya around. The game needs more content to occupy the player. Restrict that player, they get bored faster and leave as we all have seen in the past year +. Personally if xsyon adopted wurms crafting system and all u can do in that game + eves game mechanics and how they run their econ id see xsyon getting that 10k-50k subs Jordi hopes to have someday. But i shall watch from the sidelines now, and im not gonna post back in this thread as i know ill get baited along to keep debating things. This is my opnion it obviously works. Statistics prove it. but have fun. (also the pop over their at peak hours is well over 1000 n thats just the pve servers, its a steady 24/7 pop, also alot has changed since u was their and it changes more n more.) but i ant here to advertise that game, im here to give my opnion of wat i noticed can and will work. (also i can build more in wurm then i can in xsyon, again go pop into that game and ull see it :-P )

fatboy

Loki has finished a couple of homesteads. Yes.
    You have yet to finish a tribe area. Ive been in the game the whole time and Ive been to your tribe many times, its always had crap not even closed to finished. You havnt even done a multistory building like other tribes have.

You are crazy that people that do PVE only like PVE. Heck I love PVE and I do PVP too, most people are like that believe it or not. They want a mix of PVE and PVP.

You dont need to adopt Wurm's crafting system to see huge 10k or 15k subs added. Just do part of what you said, adopt EVE's economy system. Which is saying a LOT.

Why are you blaming Xsyon's low population on me and my ideas? Most of my ideas are not even put into place or not in place. You guys are the ones that wanted this carebear system, where combat is a joke and people insta log off, or death port home, safety totems all over the map anywhere anytime, free totem system.

1000 OMG thats huge. Wait its not. They (Wurm) have 3300 premium paid accounts, and when I checked had less than 350 people online. That's not a lot of people. 350 people online is COUNTING the free accounts. (Ref. http://www.wurmonline.com/wiki/index...=Server_graphs, and http://www.wurmonline.com/) Currently at this second primetime in the USA they have 622 people online. Not sure how that's WELL over 1000 but I guess my math is bad.

Now lets compare this to games like EVE online.
    33k people online right now in 1 server. (Ref. http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility) They dont have a free system like WURM has either.

I have pop'd in Wurm and you cant build more, you build less. When you can build multi story buildings come talk to me.

Wurm was a good game for its time but the crap you are saying just isnt real truth. You are trying to skew the data and bad info.
    Limiting skills will not fix the economy or even drive the #s of people playing in Xsyon up. However, it will keep more players that log in, and combine this with other changes to help economy, PVE and decay/zombies you will see the #s of people in Xsyon climb and hold more % of people.

Wurm's crafting system is the worse grinding game Ive ever seen in my life. Years of clicking "improve" to get to max level. Its so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    I know you mean well, but I have to ask you this to help you to understand: What would having different types of knife handles do? Why would you want to use plastic over wood, or vice versa?

Right now nothing because wood/plastic have no stats. But giving wood different types of effects, and plastic an effect will make it so people choose what bonuses and effects they want. Like they do with metal, leather, and bone.

I would want to use plastic over Sugar Pine or Douglas Fir because it might be lighter, might have a faster swing speed, might be more durable. There are lots of stats that can differentiate the material types. Problem is none of those are implemented in any way. What I want is for the recipes to be more generic and allow us to chose what bonuses go onto an item by using different materials rather than a static set of mats for each specific item.

Ever play SWG? The crafting system there had literally thousands of resources, each one unique because all the stats varied randomly within ranges based on the class of material. As the items got more and more advanced the recipes started calling for specific classes of specific types from specific planets. In that system there was enough depth and breadth for prospecting out the new spawns of materials and harvesting them to be an entire profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    I would want to use plastic over Sugar Pine or Douglas Fir because it might be lighter, might have a faster swing speed, might be more durable. There are lots of stats that can differentiate the material types. Problem is none of those are implemented in any way. What I want is for the recipes to be more generic and allow us to chose what bonuses go onto an item by using different materials rather than a static set of mats for each specific item.

Ever play SWG? The crafting system there had literally thousands of resources, each one unique because all the stats varied randomly within ranges based on the class of material. As the items got more and more advanced the recipes started calling for specific classes of specific types from specific planets. In that system there was enough depth and breadth for prospecting out the new spawns of materials and harvesting them to be an entire profession.

This right here.
    Give wood, rock, plastic, etc stats like bones and metal does. Then remove the "type" and only leave "class" on crafting recipes. IE, Rock = Class, Granite = Type
    Instead of "Deer flat bone" for a slot in a bone armor, it should just be "flat bone" allowing people to mix and match stats how they choose. Also allowing them to pick armor for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Yes that is one portion of the problem, that materials don't have different stats to fine-tune an end product to a certain task, however....

I have. Again, you're skirting the topic. Yes, clarifying that system of diverse materials may give depth and breadth, but there needs to be a reason for that depth and breadth, or it's some meaningless fluff.

1) Emphasis on "thousands of resources", compared to Xsyon's extremely limited set. That's a lot more content to introduce to reach that kind of diversity.
    2) Emphasis on "Prospecting out new spawns", Xsyon doesn't do that, remember? Breeding, infinite resource nodes, agriculture. What are you going to prospect? Tons of content to introduce.

The looks part of this makes sense, that was half the purpose of the Tailor class in SWG, but it would be laughable to see the dev time on that one. Also, this game is based upon tiny groups versus showing off in huge city and cantinas like SWG -- how many hours are you going to put into making your character look cool?

Materials do give different stats to fine-tune the end product to a certain task however, it needs to be more options. Look at some of the leather armor sets. You can use any leather you want in some of those sets. They are working mostly well, part of it is that only some of the mats can be swapped out. Also many of the sets are not generic type of material.

I fully agree with the depth and breadth issue. There is a lack of a reason to do a lot of these things. Animals take almost no weapons and armor to kill, noobs are killing the hardest NPC's in the game. PVP has nothing to fight over. Resources are so abundant people are just giving them away.

1)Xsyon does have a long list of resources. Problem is most of them are not working, not in the game fully, or no bonuses on the resources.
    2)You can "prospect" out some of the spawns in Xsyon but 2 problems with it in Xsyon. #1 it takes way to long to clear them out, #2 is that most resources are not done like this.

I wouldnt spend any of my time making my toon look cooler. Ive never been one for that type of stuff. I know many people that do. Only reasons I've made the city we have in Xsyon is because there wasnt anything else really to do, many of the tribe members asked for it, and the hope that one day a city might be needed to protect or buff the tribe.

Xsyon Citizen
    No, 2 locks per pool only, So a max of 3 skills at 100 per pool.
    There are problems in here.

First think what kind if problems I am talking about, and if you can't think of anything I'll fill in my thoughts.

At this point I would like to see loose skills instead of fixed skills and 16 locks on skills, so I could really specialize on my profession.