Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Guys :P don't feed the troll :P fflhktsn Loves to make you all angry

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Those magical safe zones are only temporary. =P
    No they are not. Xsyon stated that he was looking at making the safe zones optional. Not temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    I came out of Eve where MANY players were happy with the near total security of guarded systems. Rapid gains were to be had in low/nul security space, and reflected a proper risk/reward ratio.

If some people are happy crafting grass baskets all day, leave them be (tribal land warfare will address this after prelude). You'll have plenty of chances to gank hunters and scavengers who are more likely to be ready for your antics for the time being.

A lot of you should also come to realize that your way of playing does not reflect everyone else's. If you're so starved for blood and recognition, go have a shot at some 0.0 sec space in Eve or some Battlefield 2.
    EvE is a totally diffrent game. The safezones weakend those who clung to them. It was quite boring inside the safezones, but as the pvp areas had the best reources, the long time players and blobs only got stronger, while those in the safezones struggled to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    The role of the crafter is to supply others with what they need. They're not combat speced so why would they engage combat if they can't win, they have people to protect them.

If crafters would loose stats on fail craft they would loose all their stats in one day. It's in combat speced person interest to have highly skilled crafter on their side when your weapon dmg and durability depends on crafting skill. It's the same with armor. If there is no one to build you a house, your comfort will drop affecting your combat skills.
    You can do it yourself but it'll be low quality and break after few days or faster(combat decreases item durability further).

If you think you'll be able to loot every thing you need, than you'll probably wrong couse crafters won't be carrying anything and others will be PvP players.
    Perhaps then training dummies for combat characters so i too can progress without leaving the safety of my safezone? I know its boring but its an advantage a crafter has that a combat does not enjoy. Im looking for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokilla View Post
    No they are not. Xsyon stated that he was looking at making the safe zones optional. Not temporary.
    I could have sworn that the devs said that after prelude (6-9months) or something like that they would remove all safe zones and then you can get killed anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Perhaps then training dummies for combat characters so i too can progress without leaving the safety of my safezone? I know its boring but its an advantage a crafter has that a combat does not enjoy. Im looking for balance.
    but your one of the same asking for more realism..the current state is more realism.
    just like mankind long ago..those that wanted to risk it all, and gain valor for it went off to fight, those that didnt stayed behind..and worked and crafted for those wanting to take on more danger by joining the legions of fighters..

for every blacksmith that did it because he like the job, there was ones that did it because they didnt like the alternative of possibly dying in combat..and prefered the safety of the town unless it got raided.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I could have sworn that the devs said that after prelude (6-9months) or something like that they would remove all safe zones and then you can get killed anywhere.
    If they are removed, a crafter can still progress within the confines of their fortified camp, where a combat character must take on risk to hunt something in which to porgress on.

Baskets dont fight back, and skill your character, bears and people do.

Ive thought about that, not much stopping them from abandoning their totem, logging off for the cooldown, returning to place their totem in a new location.
    But what's the point in that, you'll need house to keep your comfort up. Comfort affects every skill. Building isn't something you do instantly, it requires lots of resources.
    Besides what's the point of moving and crafting, just to craft what's fun in that, if you craft something, it's to supply your tribe or sell it.

Resources disapear very quickly why would anyone want to waste it by rebuilding village every few days.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    but your one of the same asking for more realism..the current state is more realism.
    just like mankind long ago..those that wanted to risk it all, and gain valor for it went off to fight, those that didnt stayed behind..and worked and crafted for those wanting to take on more danger by joining the legions of fighters..

for every blacksmith that did it because he like the job, there was ones that did it because they didnt like the alternative of possibly dying in combat..and prefered the safety of the town unless it got raided.

A blacksmith was required to feed the kings armies with needed armor. these armies would in turn protect the blacksmith from invading barbarians. It took few blacksmiths to supply a whole army. That is my point, there shouldnt be 90% of the game running around making baskets, there should only be a need for a few crafters to support the combat characters defending their saftey.

What we have now, is a world full of blacksmiths, pumping out armor in saftey, with few combat soldiers in which to protect them and use said armor. that is the balance issue im talking about.

If they are removed, a crafter can still progress within the confines of their fortified camp, where a combat character must take on risk to hunt something in which to porgress on.

Baskets dont fight back, and skill your character, bears and people do.
    but isnt that risk and rush of them fighting back what draws people to want to take that path? isnt it want drew you to want to be a fighter, the thrill of the hunt and the risk involved?
    so in turn the same risk that attracted you, is now the one you complain is unfairly put upon you..