• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Super Tribe A's supply goes up, and their demand goes down, which reduces their need to trade for or make it.

All looting does is change the loot's owner. It doesn't remove it from the economy. Destroying the stuff held by a killed player would.
    In a way of looking at it, all an economy is, is the "changing of ownership" of goods, many times, circulating around a network. The decay of items, over time, is what destroys the goods. They may exchange hands but they will still break and need to be replaced. Even good pvpers die and lose gear. Even good pvpers will break their gear. They will never not need a supply of it supplemented from trade.

Even the best fighters in darkfall with all their top-end gear have to do some trading, because you get people who purposely "pre-break" their good gear from duels, so they can use it in a real fight and spite the enemy with nearly broken loot in the chance that they die. Otherwise, they can't sustain themselves only on the good gear of those they kill. They need to trade for it too.

How fast would you want an item that can be made in 5 seconds to decay?
    Faster than not at all

Ideally, fast enough that active pvpers would need to replace their gear within a week of pvping daily. Harder to put a speed on decay for crafting in this game, that might just be a matter of trial by fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    In a way of looking at it, all an economy is, is the "changing of ownership" of goods, many times, circulating around a network. The decay of items, over time, is what destroys the goods. They may exchange hands but they will still break and need to be replaced. Even good pvpers die and lose gear. Even good pvpers will break their gear. They will never not need a supply of it supplemented from trade.

Even the best fighters in darkfall with all their top-end gear have to do some trading, because you get people who purposely "pre-break" their good gear from duels, so they can use it in a real fight and spite the enemy with nearly broken loot in the chance that they die. Otherwise, they can't sustain themselves only on the good gear of those they kill. They need to trade for it too.
    Decay should affect the item's effectiveness. GL fighting in nearly-broken gear, if it has lost most of it's effectiveness.
    Faster than not at all
    Sure. I am not against decay, but it's meaningless unless it approaches the speed at which the stuff can be replaced. An item can be made in several seconds (even a wall, FFS!), so to keep up...

This is why decay alone will be meaningless or obscenely fast. You have to slow down the production, as well.
    Ideally, fast enough that active pvpers would need to replace their gear within a week of pvping daily. Harder to put a speed on decay for crafting in this game, that might just be a matter of trial by fire.
    Indeed. It's probably going to be a bit painful.

Faster than not at all

I agree, you look at DFO and the most active traders ARE the good pvpers. They need top end gear all the time. They have lower end gear they dont want, and they pay top dollar for top top end gear. I used to trade a lot in DFO and the best people to trade with were the ones that were very good, because they didnt spend time making it themselves.

See lower end players they will tend to try to do everything because in DFO there is no skill cap. So lower end people would try to save money and craft most of it themselves they would only buy raw mats. While top end players wouldnt care about crafting they didnt have issues with paying more because they rarely lost items other than decay. So they would spend a lot to get the best gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    See lower end players they will tend to try to do everything because in DFO there is no skill cap. So lower end people would try to save money and craft most of it themselves they would only buy raw mats. While top end players wouldnt care about crafting they didnt have issues with paying more because they rarely lost items other than decay. So they would spend a lot to get the best gear.
    Since there is no money in Xsyon, what are non-crafters going to pay with?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

Resources?
    Even DFO uses resources for trading sometimes. Back in the day gold wasnt worth what it is now. People would trade for resources. Like rare ores for wood or stone, or weapons.

Did you really not know? or you just acting silly?

Decay should affect the item's effectiveness. GL fighting in nearly-broken gear, if it has lost most of it's effectiveness.

Sure. I am not against decay, but it's meaningless unless it approaches the speed at which the stuff can be replaced. An item can be made in several seconds (even a wall, FFS!), so to keep up...

This is why decay alone will be meaningless or obscenely fast. You have to slow down the production, as well.

Indeed. It's probably going to be a bit painful.
    You bring up a good question: how much will decay affect gear effectiveness? We won't know until we find out, but i suspect it wouldn't have an impact on the effectiveness as that requires extra coding for a scaling diminish of efficacy in response to an items "health". In df, your sword was as sharp as when it was made as before it broke in your hands, and i wont be surprised if its the same here, which is why i suggested we might see similar patterns in "breaking in" armor and weapons before players engage in real combat.

One other thing though -- you keep bringing up the speed things can be created, but not the resources involved. Yes people can make a full suit of armor in just a couple minutes... if they have everything they need. Loss of gear doesn't just mean more time spent clicking at the craft window. It means you need to get more cleaver blades, or more bone, or more racoon heads, or more belt buckles, etc. It inherently requires importing of goods you probably don't have an unlimited supply of.

One other thing though -- you keep bringing up the speed things can be created, but not the resources involved. Yes people can make a full suit of armor in just a couple minutes... if they have everything they need. Loss of gear doesn't just mean more time spent clicking at the craft window. It means you need to get more cleaver blades, or more bone, or more racoon heads, or more belt buckles, etc. It inherently requires importing of goods you probably don't have an unlimited supply of.
    That is a good point, but guess how big people's stockpiles are going to be by the time the decay is added? Rare materials is a good way to reduce production. I would like to see those rare finds limited to open areas where tribal totems cannot be placed. that would spark some PvP.

That is a good point, but guess how big people's stockpiles are going to be by the time the decay is added? Rare materials is a good way to reduce production. I would like to see those rare finds limited to open areas where tribal totems cannot be placed. that would spark some PvP.
    I very much agree with that idea. Or maybe totems can go down, but aren't safe from combat and anyone can harvest on that land.

Ya good idea.
    Have both cant take it over rare resources, and other rare resources which you can control. Would spark open pvp, and contested pvp for controls too.