Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I am confused, what makes you think a second sever isn’t waiting to be turned on if issues arise?

Or are concerned the pool of players on each server won't be large enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    I am confused, what makes you think a second sever isn’t waiting to be turned on if issues arise?

Or are concerned the pool of players on each server won't be large enough?
    EXACTLY....
    It was always said that the second server would be availiable if needed. First for EU/USA (which the community hated), then for the server split (which everyone hated), and now finally it will be just for performance.

Just considering how it was on the 18th and how many new players we have gotten since then... I am just really concerned that trying this again on one server is not going to be, to be kind, smooth. Just seems wiser to make two identical servers now and not risk the pain that another '18th' may bring us is all. But Jooky is da man so I'll put my faith in him... and keep my fingers crossed.

Jordi is certainly making a bold choice. Right now, we can only hope/trust that his confidence is well placed. Methinks he is wise enough to know that a repeat of 2/18 could be catastrophic to his financial well being.

I am concerned too. I will be pissed reading a downtime announcement along with you.

These are technical semantics that neither of us is qualified to debate over. It’s a burden for the developer.

Yep, but I'm staying regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Jooky must be on crack if he's listening to you people. You people are on crack to be listening to Jooky. Everyone is on crack!

But seriously.. have you wandered around the land lately? Totems and people everywhere that has any kind of junk, and many places that doesn't.

It's not a wilderness, it's a big damn colony, from one side of the map to the other, with little splotches of wilderness on top of mountains here and there.

They are, they said, no where near being able to open the green mist.. So where are new players going to go? No new subs? Ok, Jooky must be rich! Or maybe he'll have to sell to SoE to keep the game alive?

Uh...
    You must be in some crowded areas. I took a nice long hike for hours the other night and there was lots of open spaces where I saw no one.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    You must be in some crowded areas. I took a nice long hike for hours the other night and there was lots of open spaces where I saw no one.
    yeah, people stay at the starting areas because of lazyness. There is tons and tons of room everywhere sometimes plains of open area. A lot of people look for the nearest junk pile and plop down, if they cant they move to next closest to they find a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    There are lots of players who have already seen numerous wipes and are simply not interested in building up again just for their developments to be wiped again. As soon as the final wipe has occured there will be a very large land rush.

I am personally very concerned with the lack of space. I have already seen how too much development and terraforming can make parts of the landscape a real mess, and I am sure there is a limit to how many people can be accomodated. I am struggling to find much confidence in the project when we go from needing 2 servers to coping on 1 in just one evening.

At the end of the day Jordi has information that we don't. It's tricky managing a community of players each with their own vision, but I feel he has to consider the game's playability as it's most important factor.

This is not EVE, in which adding new space is clearly easier. I support a one server ideal, but not at the expense of playability. At the end of the day Jordi should trust his own judgement and do what he feels is right for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracky69 View Post
    There are lots of players who have already seen numerous wipes and are simply not interested in building up again just for their developments to be wiped again. As soon as the final wipe has occured there will be a very large land rush.

I am personally very concerned with the lack of space. I have already seen how too much development and terraforming can make parts of the landscape a real mess, and I am sure there is a limit to how many people can be accomodated. I am struggling to find much confidence in the project when we go from needing 2 servers to coping on 1 in just one evening.

At the end of the day Jordi has information that we don't. It's tricky managing a community of players each with their own vision, but I feel he has to consider the game's playability as it's most important factor.

This is not EVE, in which adding new space is clearly easier. I support a one server ideal, but not at the expense of playability. At the end of the day Jordi should trust his own judgement and do what he feels is right for the game.
    Well said.