Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Only problem is, even if you say you will remove guide/dev chat powers, we never know if you truly did. This feature is seriously causing me to not want to play the game at all. And its a shame because its becoming a great game.
    From the ToS, Section 6: "Apart from certain personal information no form of communication is private. All forms of communication connected with Xsyon, both out of and in game, maybe be monitored or viewed at any time by Notorious Games personnel." And, furthermore: "Notorious Games may, with or without notice, monitor, record, review, modify and or disclose your chat sessions and activities, whether by text or voice, conducted through the Service."

You should always read the terms of service. This one is fairly standard.

Quote Originally Posted by dem1urge View Post
    From the ToS, Section 6: "Apart from certain personal information no form of communication is private. All forms of communication connected with Xsyon, both out of and in game, maybe be monitored or viewed at any time by Notorious Games personnel." And, furthermore: "Notorious Games may, with or without notice, monitor, record, review, modify and or disclose your chat sessions and activities, whether by text or voice, conducted through the Service."

You should always read the terms of service. This one is fairly standard.

I think its fine if that's what they want to do, but I dont think many players will be happy knowing that devs read it, and talk about it to other players (but not all other players only some they choose to), or chat about it in global. I believe many people will not want to play this game.

If they do want to do these actions, I would like to make sure new players know this is going to be happening so they can make the choice at the start of play instead of after they might have given or said something which they thought was at least not going to be said to other players.

So far all this is rather vague.

If a person can prove that something a dev said was used in an inappropriate manner, then they should use the abuse link to report it.

If, on the other hand this is just a few players feeling jealous, because they believe that some dev has not treated them equally compared with other players, then who would really worry about that? Who can tell if this is a real complaint or not?

"somebody was saying something about somebody else to one of the devs and it was really bad..." really rather vague don't you think?

Use the tools given to you to report abuse, and if you don't believe that will solve your problem, whisper the dev you think has a problem directly. if THAT doesn't work for you, not sure what I can say to you.

As was stated in the dem1urge's post, they have the right to do what they want with their game. All we do is pay for the ability to play here. we are not entitled to anything more, regardless of what anyone personally believes.

Mactavendish, some of the stuff was said in global by the dev. Pretty sure its not a "belief".

I know a few people want to be upset with me for bringing it up because they have person grudges however, the issue isn't for 1 dev, or an attack vs that dev its about the policy of what is going to be happening in game. If they want to stand by the statement that devs will read chat, talk about it with other players (some not all, and whomever they choose) and talk about private messages, other tribes chats then that's fine. I just think that people should understand this going to be happening up front instead of AFTER they did something they might regret.

I mean if the devs want people to only use 3rd party programs to talk about any type of private issues, like personal things, or strategies on how to do something or who they might be attacking. Then players should know ahead of time. Not some very vague thing in the TOS that could mean just about anything.

I would prefer that devs didnt read tribe chats and tell other tribes/players about what was being said in my tribe chat. But I also use ventrilo so I dont have much of a problem with it. I can see some players would, which is why the choice should be made to play this game BEFORE they buy it and find out after they talk about something in tribe chat.

I dont think its very nice to see (Me: "/w Joe Hey I will give you 2 saws for those baskets of handles") (Dev: "/w Jill Hey DDT is going to trade 2 saws for those baskets of handles thought you would like to know in case you wanted to out bid him")

Not sure how well that's going to fly in a game like this.

Or things like (Dev: "/w Jill Hey might want to look out DDT just said in tribe chat that he is about to attack you next to that tree")

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont think its very nice to see (Me: "/w Joe Hey I will give you 2 saws for those baskets of handles") (Dev: "/w Jill Hey DDT is going to trade 2 saws for those baskets of handles thought you would like to know in case you wanted to out bid him")

Not sure how well that's going to fly in a game like this.

Or things like (Dev: "/w Jill Hey might want to look out DDT just said in tribe chat that he is about to attack you next to that tree")
    I just want to be clear here... you're saying this IS what is happening and you have no doubt of it?

Or, are you saying this is what you are afraid MAY happen based on chats being available to company employees?

It's an important distinction so just want to be sure.

A concern can certainly be addressed and alleviated.

An accusation... that's another issue entirely that I would probably take up with upper management directly.

If it were me (which it isn't... whew!), I would probably close this thread before it spirals in the wrong direction and address any aggrieved parties individually... kind of like what GuideRaguel politely suggested

Its already happened. Yes. There is no question about it. My only point is this going to be standard for devs to keep doing this? Or is this something that should be stopped?

If the policy is that is no problem as some of you are saying and per the TOS as quoted by dem1urge which is very loose and vague then I think people should know about it so they dont find out after the fact when its plastered all over public chat and laughed about. Dont you think?

If its not the policy, but more of just a right to review logs when there is a problem or something, then it should be told to the devs/guides and they should follow it. Dont you think?

"Apart from certain personal information no form of communication is private. All forms of communication connected with Xsyon, both out of and in game, maybe be monitored or viewed at any time by Notorious Games personnel." And, furthermore: "Notorious Games may, with or without notice, monitor, record, review, modify and or disclose your chat sessions and activities, whether by text or voice, conducted through the Service."
    This is very clear for me, not vague neither loose.
    I don't really care either way, but the policy is clearly stated in this statement.
    DDT, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This is very clear for me, not vague neither loose.
    I don't really care either way, but the policy is clearly stated in this statement.
    DDT, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?
    There is a difference from what they "can" do and what they "do" do.

They can ban anyone they wish for any reason. But I dont think its practice to ban people for no reason do you?

My point is that it doesnt matter according to this statement what was said or done because anything "can" be done by them and its ok because its in the TOS that they are allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    There is a difference from what they "can" do and what they "do" do.

They can ban anyone they wish for any reason. But I dont think its practice to ban people for no reason do you?

My point is that it doesnt matter according to this statement what was said or done because anything "can" be done by them and its ok because its in the TOS that they are allowed to.
    Ok, I get your point.

But again, just to clear it up, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Ok, I get your point.

But again, just to clear it up, are you saying that one of the devs warned a player that someone said in his private chat that he was on his way to kill that player ?
    My point is they took something that was said in whispers between 2 people and told a 3rd party (other players) the information isnt really the point no matter what the information is. Yes a dev did this, and yes they also told it in global. I really could care less what the information is, its the fact that they are actively doing it. Not only are they actively doing it, they are giving information to some players and not others. I dont use private msgs for anything important anymore anyways so this really doesnt effect me other than the people quitting because of it.