Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advertisements?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Someone awhile back tried to start a stream program so that people could watch him play. If one of the more active members could do that that would be awesome. Saintbob? Will? anyone else?
    Hmm, let me see if I can get it set up on my true gaming rig. THis one is an archaic machine, but wanted to see how it'd handle.

Xsyon Citizen
    I'll deff look into, i do have a Ustream account... not sure what the quality will be like as im only running on a 1 gig GTS 250 gfx and a 4gigRam Vista machine.

I'll take a look into it tonight, see what the quality is like, then get back to you on this, perhaps ill reply here or create a new thread if it is of good enough quality

I agree with trenix (for once =P). Word of mouth, while effective, will only get so far. This game is never going to get the player base it needs if they don't do SOME sort of marketing. Nothing crazy like big tv commercials but an ad on some relevant sites would be good. Maybe even ask MMORPG.com to write an article on the game? They seem to do pretty good articles that get games lots of attention. Maybe not that... just some ads on the website or something like that. Shit, if they set up a way to accept donations, I bet some people in the community would be willing to donate to advertising costs.

Quote Originally Posted by travdoty View Post
    Word of mouth, while effective, will only get so far. This game is never going to get the player base it needs if they don't do SOME sort of marketing. Nothing crazy like big tv commercials but an ad on some relevant sites would be good. Maybe even ask MMORPG.com to write an article on the game? They seem to do pretty good articles that get games lots of attention. Maybe not that... just some ads on the website or something like that. Shit, if they set up a way to accept donations, I bet some people in the community would be willing to donate to advertising costs.
    Pretty much what I was gonna say. Word of mouth is a very difficult and an unpromising way of becoming successful. It's cool if the developers wanna make an underground game, but it's not cool for you to fail on us because you decided to do so. Work towards a League of Legends success, not a Wurm Online failure. Not saying to turn this into a play for free type game, but you need to be known on various of websites...

Yeah, i've tried on massively too, as long is the web i usually visit to get in touch, and they didn't even response me atm. Their columnists are so hard working with DCrap Universe.

In my opinion not realy need some marketing about Xsyon, if the game is fine (village came usefull and not just decorative, eat and drink would have an incidence...and any more) players will come. Look at minecraft, for exemple, it's work because concept is good). Actually there is no realy goals in Xsyon. However I am enthusiastic about this game and i really hope they don't see too big and know where they take their game.

Quote Originally Posted by neijlu View Post
    Look at minecraft, for exemple, it's work because concept is good).
    The way I found out about Minecraft, was through advertising.