Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    I dunno about everyone else but I plan on having a TON of fun for the 2-4 days I can't plant my totem. I will be rerolling like a fool, runing out to where I want to plant and filling basket after basket with saws and picks and shovel to sell to all the large tribe people who are already cutting down trees and carving rivers on thier plots. And when I'm done rerolling enough, and have the exact random recipes I want to start with, I'm gonna dig in like a badger on my desired plot swingin at any tribal member who gets within 200 yards of my plot. I may not be able to claim it for 2-4 days, but I'm damn sure gona make it a tough catch for anyone who wants it from me.

Oh and if your price is rigth I might let ya have it, say 4-6 months protection of me and my 'other plot' along with dibs on some trade deals later on. All they are saying is I can't drop my totem, nobody said I can't go out and pick a spot and protect my land from claim jumpers.
    #

I think you'll find that difficult! It only takes a couple of seconds to drop a totem and then you're stuffed. cant even attack them cos they have a save zone and you dont!

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    #

I think you'll find that difficult! It only takes a couple of seconds to drop a totem and then you're stuffed. cant even attack them cos they have a save zone and you dont!
    ...they cannot hide forever...

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Why in gods name would we go through all that effort to entrap those people? We're not greifers, we're PvPers. There is a difference, trust me. And we're going for good spots, but that's what scouting is for. We had our digs, but we found better ones. Do the same, thats what this game was designed for.
    You big tribes will do it for the same reasons you think small tribes and solo players will drop totems in areas that harm you. It works both ways, if you don't trust us not to grief, why would we trust you not to grief?

As far as I'm concerned, the members of large tribes are all a bunch of griefing sociopaths intent on hunting down easy prey for the loot and the laughs. They want everything easy, everything their way, everything to cater to their style of play. They don't care about anyone but themselves. It's obvious they were spoiled rotten as children. (In case you can't tell, that last part was directed at tommybomb, and not at you, but you get my point.)

I have just posted a looking for tribe thread, so as you can see im looking. But i also see this from a solo point of view and one thing bothers me.

Why arent these tribe leaders using thier heads? why do you tribes feel so threatened by the solo player? for gods sake this is meant to be sandbox...all start equal and then every man for themselves for the off. if certain players want to tribe up and make a town/city etc then great. But why do you need a headstart in a sandbox game?

Lol and your calling the soloers carebears haha! all they want is to start EQUAL! they are not asking for a headstart.
    But them asking to start equal seems to have the tribes quaking in thier pants! damn this game is going to be great!
    BTW i hope the tribe i join has a little more bottle than the ones posting here! No CAREBEAR tribes for me please.

I'm starting to think the ones in the big tribes are the carebears and not the solo crafters. At least the solo crafters have a pair and willing to tough it out without special pre-conditions. Hey, ya know what, maybe we wont have our super sweet flat spot right next to a huge scrap pile to build on, but we will make it work anyway! Cause we can!! And we aren't afraid to try!!!!

Really, your gonna have 15 people to collect everything to build those 10 buildings, I'm gonna have....ME! What more you want?

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    I'm starting to think the ones in the big tribes are the carebears and not the solo crafters. At least the solo crafters have a pair and willing to tough it out without special pre-conditions. Hey, ya know what, maybe we wont have our super sweet flat spot right next to a huge scrap pile to build on, but we will make it work anyway! Cause we can!! And we aren't afraid to try!!!!

Really, your gonna have 15 people to collect everything to build those 10 buildings, I'm gonna have....ME! What more you want?
    I think what they really want is slaves, namely us would-be solo players and the members of small tribes to be forced to join their tribes and take orders from them and chop their firewood and build their buildings while they craft armor and weapons for pvp time.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    You big tribes will do it for the same reasons you think small tribes and solo players will drop totems in areas that harm you. It works both ways, if you don't trust us not to grief, why would we trust you not to grief?

As far as I'm concerned, the members of large tribes are all a bunch of griefing sociopaths intent on hunting down easy prey for the loot and the laughs. They want everything easy, everything their way, everything to cater to their style of play. They don't care about anyone but themselves. It's obvious they were spoiled rotten as children. (In case you can't tell, that last part was directed at tommybomb, and not at you, but you get my point.)
    First paragraph... What? We're worried that we won't get the resources we need to gather because instead of 12 people getting the maximum amount of land 12 times, we are 12 people getting the maximum amount of land once. So we look for scrap piles and territory that can support 12 people, and we put our totem there. Solo players simply consume slower then tribes.

And that as far as you're concerned thing is just... well its not true and biased. Ironically, the official changes that brought this whole discussion on were in Jodi's plans. On November 4th, he even mentioned homesteads by name.
    Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    I have just posted a looking for tribe thread, so as you can see im looking. But i also see this from a solo point of view and one thing bothers me.

Why arent these tribe leaders using thier heads? why do you tribes feel so threatened by the solo player? for gods sake this is meant to be sandbox...all start equal and then every man for themselves for the off. if certain players want to tribe up and make a town/city etc then great. But why do you need a headstart in a sandbox game?

Lol and your calling the soloers carebears haha! all they want is to start EQUAL! they are not asking for a headstart.
    But them asking to start equal seems to have the tribes quaking in thier pants! damn this game is going to be great!
    BTW i hope the tribe i join has a little more bottle than the ones posting here! No CAREBEAR tribes for me please.
    Carebears refers to the mentality that PvP is bad when inside a game that has PvP. It's not a general insult and it doesn't apply to tribes.

One person should not be putting out the same amount of materials or have the same amount of influence in-game as 12 people working together. Solo means one person. A tribe is basically made up of a bunch of soloer's working together. Each member of the tribe should be equal to one soloer in output and influence.

I get that just because you've chosen to play an MMO doesn't mean you're required to group. And I get that you enjoy the gameplay of the MMO. But you shouldn't complain when the designer favors groups. Groups and player interaction are the two elements that define MMO's.

Otomotopia valid points.

I dont think the solo player should get as much as the collective though. I think they should get a smaller patch, a more limited patch. I just think they should get their smaller/limited patch at the same time that's all.

As for my Carebear comment i refer more to the different styles of PVPers. Having played a few PVP games now i have found many honourable PVPers that look more for the challenge of PVP and dont enjoy fighting players that are AFK or maybe tied up in crafting at the time. Yes if its a warring guild then they kill them whatever, but they enjoy challenging PVP. Where there are PVpers that only hang about newbie area's and such, or the spawn points! waiting to kill unequipped, afk players.

It just sounds to me that Tribes seem to think that they deserve a headstart due to thier numbers? that is not a sandbox to me i am all for limiting solers homesteads or tribal land but i dont agree with my tribe gaining a headstart over them, or getting preference over land. I want this to be a sandbox game, dont take away the core elements of a sandbox for the sake of making tribes happy.

If a solo player takes the land my tribe wants i will;

Talk to him and ask him if he minds moving a little further out so we can set our tribe. i will offer him assistance and friendship of our tribe in return.

I will offer him trade to move along.

If none of this works i will try to force him out.

If i cant force him out i will surround his land and make him live in his safe area

This is sandbox as it gives me all of these options. Sandbox is not limiting solo players for the good of tribes.
    Well to me it's not

I agree with your points as well. I think we all put on our rage caps at the responses to these changes. I respect solo player's rights to enjoy the game, but I do not sit well with generalizing PvPer's as greifers, or even worse, suggesting that I support unwarranted and random greifing. See what happens when we're all logical? XD

There's going to be plenty of good spots at release, I really don't see the problem. All he's doing is ensuring the people who have beta tested and helped him for the past 6 months keep the spot they've been doing so in. There's probably, within the current map size, about 100 different spots with the same characteristics. If you can't find one, it shouldn't be the problem of anyone else. If you are a solo player post release and you feel like your getting shafted, you are. The larger player base is not made up of solo players and if he put this in, there would be mass complaints the first day about griefers running rampant placing homesteads in the middle of a tribes designated location. What makes more sense? When the war system comes in, it's not like you're going to be able to tell a large tribe to screw off if they want your spot as a solo player anyway. Even if the war system doesn't allow people to simply declare war and run into your homestead to attempt to decapitate you, your going to get camped as soon as you walk out of your homestead, which has currently be reduced to the size of a small soccer (if your Euro, football) field. It would be more of a crime if he shafted the people that helped him test by having their area taken by some asshat who wants to put a homestead right in the middle of where they wanted to set up. Explain to me the logic in that?

I think I missed the post generalizing PvPers as griefers, however, I wouldn't be surprised if it was made. PvPers are PvPers, they fight other players. For me, the only reason I play MMOs is to PvP. Personally, I don't think its fun to run around killing people who have no chance of ever beating me, there is no risk and no challenge. Will I kill someone who is encumbered and has a lot of valuable gear on them? Your damn right I will, IF my tribe is at war with them. If not, it's just another person and I'll walk past them and be on my way. Does that make me a griefer? I certainly hope not, because I don't consider myself one. If you're at war with my tribe and your dumb enough to run around outside your tribal land with all your loot, there's only one way to learn.

To me, a griefer is some asshole who runs around the starter zones trying to gank newbs on the way to their new tribe, and remains there to camp them. PvPers and griefers are two separate things, while they both revolve around fighting other players, their code of conduct is different from one another. Usually PvPers strive to be the best in the game at combat, and killing defenseless newbs is proving that your more of an asshole than the best. Griefers kill anything in sight for the lols. That's about it.

It's like when PvPers characterize crafters as "carebears" and call them pussies because they won't do anything but that. While in reality, they contribute just as much to a game as PvPers. Both are stupid generalizations, both are immature.