Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hi all,

I am French and my Eng it's bad sorry.

I love this game (PreOrder..) but now pay 15$ for play on game no finished it's hard.
    My friend have leave and no return on .
    And server empty!

Help!

In teh next Zombeh apocalypse I'm going to stand up and yell DO SOMETHING while waving my arms like a maniac to my friends when a Zombeh comes my way.. 'Cos that'll save me.

Most of the content you need to create yourself mates. Not Xsyon, but you. You need to go on a hunt, you need to build the temple for your Gods, the dungeons etc. You need to do the crafting, the gathering.. Create the quests. It's our world to create as we see it fit.
    Where some of the systems are working alright, architecture/terraforming/crafting (although tiresome)/combat/gathering and some aren't working perfectly breeding, animal AI etc doesn't excuse the utter lack of initiative this community lacks.

It isn't about being a fanboy as some might proclaim, but more the fact that I'm well off with my own imagination.

Example:
    So my city is done being built? What is to prevent me from creating shrines in my area where you can worship your Gods?
    - I mean, just because you are technically done developing your city, doesn't mean you can't start developing the surrounding area.
    Or start over and redo your arena with more and cool structures.. Whatever gives.

Sorry. I've been playing this game ever since October '10 and I have not yet bumped into a problem with not having enough content to do. Maybe I'm just that much better at imagining than the rest of you.. Maybe you just haven't thought further than to your own immediate surroundings. Seriously.. It's a big world with a lot of content in it if you stop and think for a while.

To the bored issue. Yeah, I was bored with LotRO after 30min of gameplay, the game was not my thing. I'm shure a lot are ecstatic when first hearing about the game, then to realise it's not their type of thing. So they get bored. If we were to cater to all the bored players, this game wouldn't be the Xsyon we know.
    - The one thing that is the problem is a world that seems devoid of living things except trees. With more animals (mutants and animals) as well as ZOMBEHS! it'll seem more lively and that'll keep players hanging around.
    - Secondly a world filled with abandoned totems

You have to admit Very.. this has gotten more people to comment on this subject.

Most players have been trained to have a game do some of their thinking for them, it is supposed to be a form of entertainment after all and NONE of us want to work for entertainment. Quests, rare mobs, rare resources and the like all keep folks searching. Nothing like that exists here nor does a good quest system to make our own content.. just a very basic one that does not even let you chose what you want. It is very limited, and you can only give as rewards things you can make.. limiting it further, since I don't need any poor quality/low dura axes.

The developers NEED to to know what we think.

I have been saying and suggestion things like more animals, mutants and yes zombies.. even if zombies are really stupid that would keep folks busy.. for awhile.

That's the DO something I am talking about.. so you and I are actually in agreement.

some of my favorite ideas for improving game content i am going to be here for a long long time an pasing some lunch money once a month these ideas would imo help retain players give them somthing to do and bolster xsyons bank account.

i have great belief in the dev teams abilitys.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1412

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1319

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1397

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1349

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1369

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Most of the content you need to create yourself mates. Not Xsyon, but you. You need to go on a hunt, you need to build the temple for your Gods, the dungeons etc. You need to do the crafting, the gathering.. Create the quests. It's our world to create as we see it fit.
    Where some of the systems are working alright, architecture/terraforming/crafting (although tiresome)/combat/gathering and some aren't working perfectly breeding, animal AI etc doesn't excuse the utter lack of initiative this community lacks.
    THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

GIVE US THE TOOLS TO MAKE QUESTS!

I totally get you, it's not that.
    I agree, even I get tired of crafting and building. I could go hunting, but I can't always be arsed to use several hours on it.
    - I think that is where most people stand atm. We need something other than building and crafting which we can do.

So yes, we lack mobs. We lack animals or we don't, but the AI is not constructed in a way that isn't beneficial to us players. (I actually suspect that most animals swim around in the lake as there are no totems or players - hench that is what the AI supposedly likes or seeks towards - less player activity areas..)
    - Should animals be plentiful, but they won't ever as they are a resource not your practice target, a lot of 'boredom' problems would probably be resolved for now. Increasing the amount of animals will, however, result in decreased value of leather and bone merchandise and add to much more of the 'too many resources'
    - The only real way of resolving lack of mobs is by introducing zombehs! as I see it. Those could be hunted for items, rare zombehs could be hunted for extraordinary items. It could be both crafting materials/tools/armor/weapons on them, but they shouldn't necessary hold something everytime.
    - Rare animals haven't been introduced I think and for the sake of it I'd rather have them, normal animals, grow into rares than have them spawn as a rare.
    - Just as I'd like zombehs and mutants to grow into rare versions.

The second thing that is -really- a problem is the quest system. With a way of making quests, efficiently and simple, like introducing Category items instead of specific items. Ie. Branches (doesn't matter which branches.) etc., more quest items to be handed in than one type/stack and a way of making 5 and 10 quests at a time. See that would help a lot.
    I like the the way it is otherwise.
    - Perhaps give it a template feature so you can save and bring back your most used quests .

I totally get you, it's not that.
    I agree, even I get tired of crafting and building. I could go hunting, but I can't always be arsed to use several hours on it.
    - I think that is where most people stand atm. We need something other than building and crafting which we can do.

So yes, we lack mobs. We lack animals or we don't, but the AI is not constructed in a way that isn't beneficial to us players. (I actually suspect that most animals swim around in the lake as there are no totems or players - hench that is what the AI supposedly likes or seeks towards - less player activity areas..)
    - Should animals be plentiful, but they won't ever as they are a resource not your practice target, a lot of 'boredom' problems would probably be resolved for now. Increasing the amount of animals will, however, result in decreased value of leather and bone merchandise and add to much more of the 'too many resources'
    - The only real way of resolving lack of mobs is by introducing zombehs! as I see it. Those could be hunted for items, rare zombehs could be hunted for extraordinary items. It could be both crafting materials/tools/armor/weapons on them, but they shouldn't necessary hold something everytime.
    - Rare animals haven't been introduced I think and for the sake of it I'd rather have them, normal animals, grow into rares than have them spawn as a rare.
    - Just as I'd like zombehs and mutants to grow into rare versions.
    i think one of my ideas would help

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1412

i want dungeons to explore, old city remenants- stick zombies int hem with rare goodies, and still alot of these places all over the game world, ( im talking 300+) that is my idea of something new to do, and itll keep us all busy for a good while and give exploreing sum meaning and fun, as these zombies will kick are asses. as for scavenging, all items scavenging do have a purpose mac, thing is ya need the recipes that those items use, thus savem and tradem. we will all admit, xsyon needs ALOT more content ingame, for the pve and pvp. But pve needs to have the most added as even at the end of the day the pvpers are doing pve stuff. We need new fun stuff, sure add more arch stuff, that will please me, but thats just me, need to get the waring totems working and allow the pvpers to have their fun while i live in my safezone and go explore the game with said mentiond stuff. That way both worlds get what they want. For pvp if ya go waring totem, its a forever selection, and your entire city will be 100% attackable and raidable, thus giveing the full feel of it. Sadly Oak ya missed 1 part. with this type of game, you will always see the same thing, people buying the game and quiting with in 2 months. People buy xsyon thinkin easy mode, then get a reality check when they see the grind and that u gotta work ur ass off to get wat ya need. but this is all just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    i want dungeons to explore, old city remenants- stick zombies int hem with rare goodies, and still alot of these places all over the game world, ( im talking 300+) that is my idea of something new to do, and itll keep us all busy for a good while and give exploreing sum meaning and fun, as these zombies will kick are asses. as for scavenging, all items scavenging do have a purpose mac, thing is ya need the recipes that those items use, thus savem and tradem. we will all admit, xsyon needs ALOT more content ingame, for the pve and pvp. But pve needs to have the most added as even at the end of the day the pvpers are doing pve stuff. We need new fun stuff, sure add more arch stuff, that will please me, but thats just me, need to get the waring totems working and allow the pvpers to have their fun while i live in my safezone and go explore the game with said mentiond stuff. That way both worlds get what they want. For pvp if ya go waring totem, its a forever selection, and your entire city will be 100% attackable and raidable, thus giveing the full feel of it. Sadly Oak ya missed 1 part. with this type of game, you will always see the same thing, people buying the game and quiting with in 2 months. People buy xsyon thinkin easy mode, then get a reality check when they see the grind and that u gotta work ur ass off to get wat ya need. but this is all just my opinion.
    Developers, gimme the tools - I'll create this for you all day long, Fatty!

In teh next Zombeh apocalypse I'm going to stand up and yell DO SOMETHING while waving my arms like a maniac to my friends when a Zombeh comes my way.. 'Cos that'll save me.

It isn't about being a fanboy as some might proclaim, but more the fact that I'm well off with my own imagination.

Example:
    So my city is done being built? What is to prevent me from creating shrines in my area where you can worship your Gods?
    - I mean, just because you are technically done developing your city, doesn't mean you can't start developing the surrounding area.
    Or start over and redo your arena with more and cool structures.. Whatever gives.

Sorry. I've been playing this game ever since October '10 and I have not yet bumped into a problem with not having enough content to do. Maybe I'm just that much better at imagining than the rest of you.. Maybe you just haven't thought further than to your own immediate surroundings. Seriously.. It's a big world with a lot of content in it if you stop and think for a while.

To the bored issue. Yeah, I was bored with LotRO after 30min of gameplay, the game was not my thing. I'm shure a lot are ecstatic when first hearing about the game, then to realise it's not their type of thing. So they get bored. If we were to cater to all the bored players, this game wouldn't be the Xsyon we know.
    - The one thing that is the problem is a world that seems devoid of living things except trees. With more animals (mutants and animals) as well as ZOMBEHS! it'll seem more lively and that'll keep players hanging around.
    - Secondly a world filled with abandoned totems
    This right here is the problem with the game. The small minority that think if people don't like the game, it is the players fault; they have no imagination, they are used to game on rails, blah, blah, blah.

Keep telling yourself this and watch the game die around you. The sad truth is, Xsyon doesn't provide much content or the tools to create content and at the end of the day, one is left with the question: Why am I even playing this game?

But yes, it must be the players fault for not understanding what a great game Xsyon is...