Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    Well I can think of plenty but I guess that is just me...
    Please enlighten me, whats else to do beside building, and mostly poitless and boring crafting and maybe occasional hunting if you get lucky to find any animal after 3 hours sightseeing?

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    And sorry but "pure imagination" IS enough. In fact, it seems to be the ones without any imagination who actually seem to be having the problems.
    Oh right, i could imagine that this tree next to my camp is a bear and i could imagina hunting it. I could imagine that i actually need some items so i will go and trade (you dont need to trade anything if you are in tribe with at least few ppl) maybe with some imaginary players too.
    I could also destroy 499 axes that my tribemate made in 3 hours and leave only one and imagine that it was actually hard to create it so i could imagine a satisfaction feeling
    Seriously...?

Dont get me wrong i have enjoyed the first 2 weeks of this Xsyon jurney. But it feels like I have seen it all(especially when you are in a tribe). Im sure that playing as a hermit can give you maybe better game experience as its harder to make everything by yourself,but not that much harder. It will just postpone a bit the situation that most players are in now (seen everything, done everything). And that has been only 3 weeks since release.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    If there's one thing this entire community could agree on, it's that you seem to have a hard-on of hate for people who enjoy this game despite its incomplete state. Whether it's a result of jealousy, boredom, or low self-esteem is unclear and irrelevant. All I can tell you, homeslice, is that you may want to find something that makes you happy, video game or otherwise.
    Straight for the personal attack. Nice. Stay classy.

It's very easy to see why the game is the way it is, with the systems in their current state...
    As a tester, did you do anything besides tell the devs how wonderful the game was?
    I mean did you even contemplate what players who might play differently than you would react to the environment?

Every time someone posted a critique, did it get the 'stfu man, this stuff is great. I'm sorry you dont like it. Maybe this game just isn't for you.' treatment?

I'm happy that you can appreciate an incomplete product.
    I'm even happier that you can appreciate a product that is even more incomplete than was advertised.
    Most of all, i'm absolutely thrilled that you have surrounded yourself with a group of people who are perfectly content to play house.

But you see, I have a problem.
    While I actually kind of enjoy, in a put you to sleep medidative kinda way, the tedium of the city building building process...There interest level of my guildies is a bit more diverse. I've got hunters, killers, explorers, builders, healers, politicians and warlords...And i convinced about 20 of them to pay for this incomplete product.
    My hunters don't have anything to hunt...people or animals.
    My killers don't have a lot to kill (safe zones baby) and no reason to do it if they could.
    My explorers kinda lost interest with the lag.
    Woot i've got a couple builders active!
    Healers? heal what?
    My politicians, well without conflict there is no need for diplomacy, thus now politic to rabble.
    My warlords, my generals, while readyy and willing to wait out the prelude for the things to come, at this point see no reason to do anything but wait.

So, i'm going to bitch, moan, cajole, and scream to whatever degree I care to, because the devs need to deliver what we paid for. They need to deliver, so I can tell my folks that they didn't waste their money. That this is in fact a great game...they just need to get their ass back in it and play. I can't currently sayy that with a straight face.

Refunds are a good way to avoid having wasted your money. NG has been good about giving them out, for the reasons you mention. I hope that in a few months, it's something I might actually enjoy playing. Or perhaps this fall Wurm 2.0 will actually be decent. Time will tell.

Xsyon Citizen
    These cats launch a barrage of insults at anyone who criticizes the game or the devs, even if it's someone whose join date is 24 hours old.

They cry (and report player to the mods) when someone insults them back, even in cases where that person is careful to keep the arguments and the tit-for-tat name-calling separate.

They dish more insults when their ridiculous arguments are systematically demolished by someone who speaks English as a first language and can follow a logical discussion.

Then they have the nerve to complain that the critic's comments are motivated by personal animosity (note: that's the same animosity that was never in the picture to begin with until the fanboys responded to legitimate criticism with irrational insults).

We're through the looking glass, people...

Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    Refunds are a good way to avoid having wasted your money. NG has been good about giving them out, for the reasons you mention. I hope that in a few months, it's something I might actually enjoy playing. Or perhaps this fall Wurm 2.0 will actually be decent. Time will tell.
    I'd respond to that with an analogy. Suppose you buy a horse. The horse had a top stud and a top mare for parents. His potential is off the charts. But when you buy him (for a reasonable price), he just doesn't work as advertised.

Do you:

1. Get your money back, because nothing else can be done?
    2. Whip that horse into shape?

Your answer to this question may or may not offer a profound insight into what type of person you are. You may also find that there are lots of relevant possibilities besides #1 and #2.

But #2 is still a perfectly good option.. and for my money, it's worlds better than #1.

Here is what I have been doing:

Started solo as I wanted to experience the "struggle" to survive.

Joined a tribe once I realized it was a huge grind to even get a tent on my own etc.

Once I joined the tribe, which already had walls, tents etc. I realized there was not much for me to do. I chose bonecrafting because I wanted to run around, kill animals and scavenge. There are few to no animals to kill. The randomness of scavenging still has me interested - like a lottery etc.

I decided to head off into no-mans land to start over again on my own so I would have something to do. It still seems grindy for me as far as skill point gain. I log in almost every day and sometimes play for hours lugging trees around etc. I am not sure I am having fun. . but I keep doing it. I enjoy it somewhat. . once in awhile though I think about. . okay once I get all of this done (just slower on my own) I am back to square 1 when I joined the tribe.

I am just hoping that at least animals are in by the time I am finished.

I still find the game refreshing and it is all I am really interested. I logged into Darkfall and logged out. . logged into EVE. . logged out. . considered buying Rifts. The only thing I have actually enjoyed playing lately is Meridian 59. . at least it is free while I wait.

Stargod: You are in a pretty PvP centric location. I would think your area would get bored the quickest with the lack of animals and the PvP being so basic. The area I am in is still pretty busy.. . it is mostly people that like to build and mostly homesteaders who have to trade etc.

I cannot beleive anyone is asking for a refund. No one has paid for a monthly fee yet. Even if you ordered yesterday you still have 6 free weeks. Only thing anyones paid for is the initial game. Way i see it you were given a crappy cheese burger and 10 things of fries and you want your money back. Talk about greedy and unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    But you see, I have a problem.
    While I actually kind of enjoy, in a put you to sleep medidative kinda way, the tedium of the city building building process...There interest level of my guildies is a bit more diverse. I've got hunters, killers, explorers, builders, healers, politicians and warlords...And i convinced about 20 of them to pay for this incomplete product.
    My hunters don't have anything to hunt...people or animals.
    My killers don't have a lot to kill (safe zones baby) and no reason to do it if they could.
    My explorers kinda lost interest with the lag.
    Woot i've got a couple builders active!
    Healers? heal what?
    My politicians, well without conflict there is no need for diplomacy, thus now politic to rabble.
    My warlords, my generals, while readyy and willing to wait out the prelude for the things to come, at this point see no reason to do anything but wait.

So, i'm going to bitch, moan, cajole, and scream to whatever degree I care to, because the devs need to deliver what we paid for. They need to deliver, so I can tell my folks that they didn't waste their money. That this is in fact a great game...they just need to get their ass back in it and play. I can't currently sayy that with a straight face.
    I understand your frustration about the game, but I don't understand why you convinced your friends to buy it by false advertising. It seems its not the developers' fault but yours.

Hunters and explorers will get their fun soon when they open up new lands with more animals and hopefully fixed zone-crossing lag.

Healers ? What healers ? There won't be healers in game during Prelude, and we don't know if they will be in after Prelude.

Killers are bored by safe zones ? You knew there would be safe zones in Xsyon.
    Politicians, warlords, generals...the Prelude was always announced as a phase of rebuilding the world, not destroying it again.

So it seems to me that you complain mainly over things that weren't promised for you.

You shouldn't have told your friends that these things would be in game anytime soon. If they knew what they were getting into they wouldn't be disappointed now.

If you were complaining about the lack of item decay, crafting requiring too much clicking, the missing taming skill, cooking, lack of comfort and so on I'd agree with you, since these ones were promised. But healers and warlords...sounds like you think you are in another game.

Quote Originally Posted by ac1dtrip View Post
    I cannot beleive anyone is asking for a refund. No one has paid for a monthly fee yet. Even if you ordered yesterday you still have 6 free weeks. Only thing anyones paid for is the initial game. Way i see it you were given a crappy cheese burger and 10 things of fries and you want your money back. Talk about greedy and unethical.
    Not this again. . the $40 was for the "service" not the box or the software. . clearly stated in the TOS. . so yes. . people have paid a fee for the time they have been playing. . also if your cheeseburger includes cheese. . you paid for the cheese. . includes does not mean free.

Xsyon Citizen
    Yup, and it's not hard to figure out why it has to be like that with a game that can't be played without service and servers.

posting to prove there are some who play who haven't posted yet.

Jadzia, what do you do for fun in this game? So far, all you've done is told dubanka he's dumb because he's not having fun.

Dubanka, As much as I admire you for telling it like it is, trying to convince the Hopi that there's a problem is probably futile.

At this point I only log into the forums to look for some word from Jordi. Either that things are getting fixed, or that he's closing shop. Which will happen first in the next 3 months?