Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    FB,that's one of the first ideas you have had that I really like. Mostly the part about you don't get an expansion totem if you don't choose to go full PvP. By full PvP, it shouldn't mean the capital totem is able to be contested, just raided for items and allowed to be destroyed via siege. However, no totem capture! Guilds combined 1000s of hours terraforming, it's just cruel. But I don't mind being able to destroy wood buildings with fire and stone buildings with siege equipment.

also, i like the 3 day temporary safe zone after placing expansion totem. makes complete sense to have that. maybe even make it one week. building in this game DOES take a long time.

So basically

Capital totem = no safe zone but no totem capture (bins are full loot able, construction destroyable, but ALL items cannot be deleted while on enemy tribe land) = Allowed to have expansion totems
    Capital totem = full safe zone as is now = No expansion totems

brilliant.

thanks norcal, I figured it was win win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I am going to reply this once to you directly ddt.

I am not suggestion anyone grief others like you did with trees and paving over junk piles or destroying structures just because you could.

I was using those as examples of how even in a pve game where there was NO way to directly interact with other players, people would use those tactics to get relief from OTHER players preventing them from doing normal activities.

I am also very careful to say what I mean NOT what you want me to say. Of course some things have been bantered about as to what they MAY do in the future, but as it stands has any of it happened? Were safe zones removed? Has Jordi currently got plans to remove them? Does he want folks to have some form of safety if they do not want to participate in pvp? Come on.. you know the answers to all those questions. WE all do. Yelling loudly what you think does not make it so.

I am responding here to make sure that new players trying the game do not get the idea that you represent active players and certainly not any majority of players that actually play.

Back on Ignore you go.

We all know I dont represent the majority of people that play. I represent the majority of the people that were lied to, and have quit because of these changes.

The 200 people that play is very very few compared to the 1000s that left.

I dont see how promoting griefing is a good tactic for a game maker, but hey I guess being right all the time wont work there might be once Im wrong. Maybe this is that time.

Fatboy, what you are saying is what we have been asking for. Ive must have said that for at least 2 years.

Agreed DDT. PvPers have been talking about a compromise like that for a while.

Honestly though, the game just simply isn't ready for serious PvP or conquest. The devs know this. However, what we should know just by the devs actions, ist hat they ARE gearing up to add expansion totems eventually (they've worked on combat more than anything else since launch, besides maintenance) and probably a system along the lines of Fatboys idea/what PvPers have always wanted (besides the no chance in hell, full land capture everywhere, which i actually dont even want...so consider me not a hardcore pvper for not wanting to lose 100s of hours of invested time...i would never invest as much time into an expansion/land capture area...unless i was truly confident we could defend it)

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Agreed DDT. PvPers have been talking about a compromise like that for a while.

Honestly though, the game just simply isn't ready for serious PvP or conquest. The devs know this. However, what we should know just by the devs actions, ist hat they ARE gearing up to add expansion totems eventually (they've worked on combat more than anything else since launch, besides maintenance) and probably a system along the lines of Fatboys idea/what PvPers have always wanted (besides the no chance in hell, full land capture everywhere, which i actually dont even want...so consider me not a hardcore pvper for not wanting to lose 100s of hours of invested time...i would never invest as much time into an expansion/land capture area...unless i was truly confident we could defend it)

After what Ive seen Jordi's plans change from what it was 2 years ago, to what we have now, I will wait and see what really happens. This game is going more carebear and more sim, less PVP and conflict.

All Im doing now is wait and see, and pointing out incorrect facts these carebears are posting. I love the fact that these carebears really like the idea of "non combat pvp" AKA griefing, and they believe its a good thing. That really just cracks me up.

Nor sure who you are talking about.

Let me say for the record I do NOT agree with griefing tactics, nor do I do such things. Unlike you MrDDT I have never paved over junk piles, clear cut forests, verbally abused other player, or gotten banned form this game for such things like you have.

I guess I will have to continue to correct your mis-statements.

To be a carebear as it is defined, I would have to be against PvP play totally and ONLY want pve game play. I am for pvp, but as an adult can choose the types of pvp I enjoy and will take part in and those I will not. Either way, I am not a carebear nor have I ever suggested they game GO pve only. YOu keep replying as if what you say is true, but it is not.

I am all for contested totems and the ability for folks to CHOOSE to take part or not, with various rewards and penalties for that choice. You have NOT actually been wanting this until it was clear that's the direction they were going then you pretend to have always been in favor of this.

So far in this thread and any of the ones you are posting in currently, you are doing what you always do... Spin everyone's word to suit your desire, shoot you've even started spinning your own words.

It makes for entertaining reading I guess, but that's about it.

mac...talk about spinning

all ddt is saying, is the game was advertised as a ffa sandbox with safe zones that would disappear by design after prelude. It is clear now, that safe zones will never be taken away and that ffa is a joke since there is no reason or requirement to engage in it.

There is no spinning the part about griefing:
    You may think this would get boring fast, but in actuality it lead to very creative ways of doing PvP even though the game did not allow players to even bump into eachother much less strike them with a weapon.

There was the typical train mobs onto your enemy, and the ever popular steal a mobs or steal a resources a player was gathering. But that is mere childsplay.
    Later (today by the edit stamp) you made clear that you're nto advocating griefing, but the original post did kind of revel in it.

If DDT made that same statement, how if figured out how to train a bear blob on unsuspecting players, you would have a fit...

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    mac...talk about spinning

all ddt is saying, is the game was advertised as a ffa sandbox with safe zones that would disappear by design after prelude. It is clear now, that safe zones will never be taken away and that ffa is a joke since there is no reason or requirement to engage in it.

There is no spinning the part about griefing:

Later (today by the edit stamp) you made clear that you're nto advocating griefing, but the original post did kind of revel in it.

If DDT made that same statement, how if figured out how to train a bear blob on unsuspecting players, you would have a fit...

/popcorn
    I would not do any such thing. We all knew his "bug" of respawning in the spot he died that he used all the time. I never posted about that before. many of the thing he did were indeed direct acts of griefing other players, and he would just pass them off and allowed game mechanics or bug he was reporting. ( but still used to his advantage. )

It is interesting he has not denied any allegation against him, but continue to misrepresent with others say if it suits his needs. Please show evidence of me griefing anyone at any time.

Like he said the pvp here is pointless atm. I agree. And until we have a reason or needs to cause demand we will never have a viable economy. They are working towards all goals. I am not just waiting on the sidelines trolling the forums, I play every day and give feedback in as constructive a manner as possible. I happen to trust them to pull this off eventually. You have just stopped trusting that like ddt has.

Oh and before I forget... its a common tactic to take a single statement out of context to try and sway folks into believing what was said meant something the spinner wants to convey as if the speaker supports the spinners views...

That's what this post is for. View it as a rebuttle.

i honestly don't care

y'all are a couple of grumpy old men arguing if the blanket dark navy or black, while sitting in the dark.

you made a post, and folks took it a certain way, sometimes it's how you mean it, sometimes it's not.

/shrug

-sidenote...it is actually somewhat depressing that there isn't any new material worth arguing over...everything is the same rehashed crap...even the forums are becoming completely redundant and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I would not do any such thing. We all knew his "bug" of respawning in the spot he died that he used all the time. I never posted about that before. many of the thing he did were indeed direct acts of griefing other players, and he would just pass them off and allowed game mechanics or bug he was reporting. ( but still used to his advantage. )

It is interesting he has not denied any allegation against him, but continue to misrepresent with others say if it suits his needs. Please show evidence of me griefing anyone at any time.

Like he said the pvp here is pointless atm. I agree. And until we have a reason or needs to cause demand we will never have a viable economy. They are working towards all goals. I am not just waiting on the sidelines trolling the forums, I play every day and give feedback in as constructive a manner as possible. I happen to trust them to pull this off eventually. You have just stopped trusting that like ddt has.

Oh and before I forget... its a common tactic to take a single statement out of context to try and sway folks into believing what was said meant something the spinner wants to convey as if the speaker supports the spinners views...

That's what this post is for. View it as a rebuttle.
    Wow what a spin of things.

Ive never exploited in this game, the bug I had was not of my choice and I didnt gain anything from it, in fact I lost a lot from it. This bug you are talking about was reported right away, to guides, devs and using a reporting tool that they use. I was very upset about having this bug as I couldnt get home many times, and I was punished for it. I even asked once for a guide to send me home because I was very far away and didnt know where my totem was and they told me NO! How would you like to have that problem? You are an hour away from your totem and you cant get back to it, as a new player you keep re-spawning lost each time over and over.
    You saying I used it all the time, I didnt "use" it all the time it happened every time I died not being used.

Have I griefed other players? Yes Im sure many would consider it griefing. Ive clear cut trees do to poor planning of how to skill up logging (which I reported and posted ideas on how to fix many times), I do believe in paving junk piles however, Ive not done much of it maybe like 20 meters of it, near one of the dev's areas NOT any other players. Ive killed many players and full looted them (which I dont consider griefing). However, these actions Ive done are not how I would like to PVP. Its forced due to carebear systems in place. Safe zones, able to run away no matter what, and the bad planning on how combat and combat tactics work. I would much rare have PVP with combat then using griefing tactics even though I dont use them much, Ive done it. Not really to grief people but to show a point.
    I didnt say you were griefing others, I can say that you attacked me first when I did nothing to you. That's a fact, however, I did kill you because you were so bad at playing, then I looted all your items and deleted them. Because well I was bugged and being overweight an hour away from your home is sorta pointless, as are all the items are very low worth, even full sets of armor are not worth much at all in this game and even less now.

I'm glad you are on board with the broken economy and one of the major reasons why. Because PVP is pointless and value of items for doing things. Glad you finally see this, as me and others have been saying this for a long long time.
    I trust that Xsyon will be a good game over time, however, I also believe carebears are warping the game into a direction of these types of tactics. Where PVPers will have no choice but to not play or end up using griefing tactics. Then carebears will cry about it even more and force a 2 server option as the only away around it, because they refuse to see things past the 5 mins of what they want. While people like me and Dub have been telling carebears for a long long time now they will get bored or that economy will not work right, and many other things with these tactics that carebears put in. Yet still Xsyon doesnt listen and they cave to the carebears. Now a year later, carebears are saying close to what PVPers have been saying the whole time. Odd, how did the PVPers foresee this?
    Now carebears are trying to come up with other crappy systems, and PVPers are laughing at them.
    These griefing tactics you post, its almost a joke. Its like a slap in the face while we are laughing at how bad carebears planning is.

I didnt take 1 line and spin it. You are doing that, you are also making personal attacks to take away from your poorly thought out ideas of how to grief people and then call it a "form of PVP".
    You are a joke if you think that people cant see what you are asking for in your OP. You want to remove combat and make it worth less and allow people to do more griefing tactics under the veil of PVP. I can already see it later, people will start using these tactics and then, carebears and people like you will cry. "OMG look at all these pvpers just griefing people, see how bad PVP messes up the game" "We cant live with PVPers we need our own server" or other carebear comments on the topic of PVP and griefing.