Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    without an even more active pve crowd the game will die faster than not having the pvp crowds. believe it or not PVE is the driving force of most MMO's. I have asked this before and no one proves me wrong, name one mmo that is a sandbox, ffa full loot with no kind of protection that has not failed or in the process of failling?
    Haven and Hearth/Salem

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    i agree with this, i just want to lay a foundation for future balance. nerfing combat characters, or the evil faction at every oppertunity is only going to make matters much less enjoyable down the road.

i want there to be plenty of evil faction tribes in which to war against, not just a small handfull all in alliance with eachother and with each tribe camp placed close by to their allied buddes. That wont be any fun.

I also dont want a situation where the game is 99% crafters down the road, the need to make being combat more viable than just farming players becoming evil and losing stats on death.

the future needs a foundation for balance if we are going to actually enjoy it all down the road.

i see them getting a bit carried away by requests from fearful pve'ers who want no part in what this game will be about down the road.
    Yes, the alignment on evil players must be so that they don't take over the world (because they will if given the ability and good/neutral might just quit from lack of fun), but also so that the evil players won't leave due to lack of fun themselves.

Currently the ONLY "in-immersive" "PvE" mechanic is the tribal safe zone. This is assuming death is fixed and that we have no clue how war and beyond the fog will play out. It might take a week or so, but people will need to leave their tribe zones for sanity reasons in addition to resource reasons. Simply removing these small zones will leave the game with 0 compromise. It would be as if DF launched with 0 guard towers, 0 alignment system, more broken combat.... that is a bad idea. There may be very few percent at the moment that have such a blood thirst, but it will still cause a severe problem. It might level out later, but the damage would have already been done.

The entire thing is a balancing act. Right now the non-pvp side is slightly closer to the ground, but that will change once combat is fixed and an alignment system is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Wow 15 pages in like 2 hours...fflhktsn is the most successful troll I've ever seen ! You guys should stop feeding him, otherwise he will blow up lol
    i figured he was hungry, i also like to slit my wrists occassionally too. it's all about the pain!

Wow 15 pages in like 2 hours...fflhktsn is the most successful troll I've ever seen ! You guys should stop feeding him, otherwise he will blow up lol
    Oh sir! It's only wafer-thin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Haven and Hearth/Salem
    ive never heard of salem, sorry must be just me. I wonder if anyone can name any mmo's that catered mainly to the like to a bit of everything crowd that did well?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    i figured he was hungry, i also like to slit my wrists occassionally too. it's all about the pain!
    it was a legitimate topic for a game in development, and an actual concern. feel free to read the origional post, as i was aware of the controversy it would create.

i could have worded my OP much diffrently to create a better troll thread, but i didnt, this was a legitimate concern,

Yeah wow, I leave for 30mins and it jumps 10 pages.

the point is, if you want your crafters to be targets, then so be it, i dont really care. its not fun currently picking on defenseless crafters, i wish i could go pick on your tibes defensive combat characters...only they dont exist.

the 5-10 combat character i have found offerd pretty entertaining fights to say the least, all while crafters hung around doing what they do in saftey. promote a reason to go combat, and killing the defensles no longer becomes what little combat characters are int he games favoriot and only past time.
    Maybe you need a different game.

hey, if he likes repeating the same mantra over and over regardless of numerous points that shows flaws in the logic anyway..so be it

his 15 pages boils down to
    "mobile safezones FTL!" (pointed out the flaws in it, he refuses to refute )
    "you need as big a risk/reward ratio for ALL playstyles" (also pointed them out for it also)
    "PvP people need more PvE targets to fight, that fight back..but yet we need more pure PvP targets" (that in itself flaws itself)

Currently in game there is little to no risk in being a pve focused crafter.

A crafing character can set his totem near reources, harvest in saftey, and once they are all depleted, abandon the totem, log off during the cooldown and place a new one near new resources.

A combat character on the otherhand, needs to do all of his skill leveling far from any safe zone, animals are so hard to come by that other players are the better route. However if a death penalty that removes stats and skills is implimented, it puts all of the risk of the game on the combat characters.
    But isn't that how it works in real life? Who risks more in life? A factory worker or a Marine?
    Each has it's role. Each has it's rewards.