Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Wanted by who? or is it pushed for?
    You see this is why I think current skill system is not going to keep players playing.
    You're making classes which will work in large tribe if people are willing to stand in one place forever just leveling two skills, another tribe will do the same and you end up having same problem which is "trade", because you and other tribes will have everything they need inside their own tribe, so the real problem is going to be for solo players not being able to live their own style.

Who do you think you had most trade from in the past? is it large tribes? or homesteads? That is your diference.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Wanted by who? or is it pushed for?
    You see this is why I think current skill system is not going to keep players playing.
    You're making classes which will work in large tribe if people are willing to stand in one place forever just leveling two skills, another tribe will do the same and you end up having same problem which is "trade", because you and other tribes will have everything they need inside their own tribe, so the real problem is going to be for solo players not being able to live their own style.

Who do you think you had most trade from in the past? is it large tribes? or homesteads? That is your diference.

I would say by bulk large tribes, but if you count per trade, for sure small ones.

Also, there is nothing stopping a solo player for making anything they want, its just not going to be everything at top of the line. Tribes will want bulk resources more than 1 set of armor, they likely want 20 sets of armor.

Also, regional resources IMO should be more enforced to make this trade with tribes and solo players more pronounced.

Xsyon Citizen
    There is a problem for solo players, unable to do higher quality plus lack of progresion, I am not saying they have to make master/ supreem quality on all skills just high quality and only two to master. all you can do right now, is level-up two skills, then what else to do other then complain?
    Regional resources would work on a small map (smaler then already is now) where people have to walk a short distance, but if xsyon is going to expend 9 times? then that is going to be a big problem, even now it is a long way of walk from one side to another in order to do any traiding.

And I am sure they will be able to provide 20 armor for them selves, since they will have everything they need.

I know you're trying to make PVP happen but this is not the way to do it, the only way is to agree on total destruction of loosing tribe, but it has to be with in your "players" power to set such setings.
    Regional resources is not going to help PVP happen nor trade.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-17-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Regional resources has nothing to do with PVP happening, it has to do with trade.

Why do you need to make high QL in everything PLUS 2 Supremes as a solo player?

Why do you think you are limited to 2 skills? I already said you could have 9 at 30, and 2 at master, or 4 at 100.
    At the very least thats 4 skills, or you can consider it 11. On top of that, its 4 per pool, so you are talking about more like 16 (18 really) skills.

The 20 armors currently yes, they sorta do, however, maybe your tribe hunts more than they do? Maybe they have 3x the woodworkers and you have 3x the hunters. So you trade hunted goods for their wood goods.

But yes, that is a problem which is why regional resources is so good, because it promotes trade more.

I also agree with you about regonial resources on a smaller map works better, however, they plan on having faster modes of travel. Like mounts, faster carts, energy regen skills and items, and even magic.
    So with a larger map, comes faster ways to move items.

Also once players build roadways, and maybe even a system like a rail system, trading will be much better as will travel.

Xsyon Citizen
    There are diferent amount of skills in each pool, so some pools have way too many skills and others have just two skills per pool, which is not helping.
    I hope they don't do decay to stats that way.
    I hope you are correct on regional resources, I have a doubt about it, but we will have to wait and see it happen.
    When they have better transporting systems maybe that will help but not now.
    And all things that could be made has to be made not found.

I think xsyon should be a total sandbox game without any restrictions on leveling skills and where people can find resources, that should be up to players how they want to trade, resources should be everywere and players should be able to level all skills and stats, or call this game free roam class based game, it's not a sandbox.
    Sandbox game is you can do everything your self or with group of friends or everyone together to create an empire.
    People should be able to choose how they want to play solo or not without restrictions.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.

If a pool only has 2 skills, then you have no issue with maxing both of those skills. So why is that a problem for you?

Xsyon Citizen
    Other pools is the problem.
    By the way, why sandbox game has restrictions on what people can or can't do? isn't that should be up to players to deside how they want play?
    As far as I understand it suposed to be like sandbox where you are given the whole world and tools and let you do whatever you want with that world, you wouldn't know where resources could be found, all resources should be random.
    Sure enough Xsyon is not sandbox game anymore, it is another themepark game.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-17-2012 at 03:54 PM.

You allow everyone to have all the skills or all the resources, you limit other parts of sandbox, like trade and exploring, even a sense of community.
    Large projects if they are easy to do, or done in a second or 2, limit other parts of the sandbox MMO. Like where you get a group of people together to accomplish a goal.

Nothing about Xsyon is theme-park in anyway, so say what you will its just not true.

What do you mean "other pool is the problem" if there is only 2 skills in a pool then you can get both of them to 100, without it effecting anything else.

If you talking about other large skill pools, well yeah, you are limited to 4 skills at 100 and no other skills or all the skills around avg level, or some other mix. But no you cant have all the skills in the game maxed out.

Xsyon Citizen
    "You allow everyone to have all the skills or all the resources, you limit other parts of sandbox, like trade and exploring, even a sense of community."

That is exactly the opposite, if you let people to farm certain spots you limit the exploring and then trading which explorers could of found and traded in for something else.

"Large projects if they are easy to do, or done in a second or 2, limit other parts of the sandbox MMO. Like where you get a group of people together to accomplish a goal."

Large projects like building a city is imposible by homestead because of a small land, that is why who want to build large city they group together to accomplish that goal or gather a group of people to kill bears or tough revs.
    So there are things that needs grouping, solo players need something to do as well, at the moment solo players are limited, in a sence of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    "You allow everyone to have all the skills or all the resources, you limit other parts of sandbox, like trade and exploring, even a sense of community."

That is exactly the opposite, if you let people to farm certain spots you limit the exploring and then trading which explorers could of found and traded in for something else.

"Large projects if they are easy to do, or done in a second or 2, limit other parts of the sandbox MMO. Like where you get a group of people together to accomplish a goal."

Large projects like building a city is imposible by homestead because of a small land, that is why who want to build large city they group together to accomplish that goal or gather a group of people to kill bears or tough revs.
    So there are things that needs grouping, solo players need something to do as well, at the moment solo players are limited, in a sence of progression.

Everyone is allow to farm any spot, that has nothing to do with limiting skills, nor making resources regonial. It just makes it so if you want say granite, you would have to travel to the north side of the map to get it. While Limestone would be in the South. People in the north can still farm the limestone or granite, but they are most likely to trade their granite for the south's limestone. Or maybe even just choose to not use limestone.

Exploring has no effect from limited skills or regional resources, if you believe it does, please explain why.
    If anything it has a larger effect to want to explore to find different types of resources.

How do you plan to allow 1 person to control any size area they want for these projects if they dont limit it in some way?
    You talk about how people that want to do large projects will group together, that's what I said.
    Solo players have a lot to do in this game, as much if not more than large groups. Because solo players can train so many skills, they dont need very many people in their tribes nor trade much to do anything, even for the best stuff.

Can you explain why you think they are limited in progression? Other than you cant have 100 in all skills and make all the best stuff, only some of it?