Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Don't mind the PVP types, they are back to being second class citizens, a minority player group in the grand scheme of things.. That's what they get for crying about 'splitting the population' (which is retarded, just about ALL mmo's do this.. it's the way it's done.. duh).

They will get to war when we consent to waring with them, else they can sit around looking pretty like everyone else

In my opinion 1 server with any ruleset is better than 2 servers with no players like darkfall.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevi View Post
    In my opinion 1 server with any ruleset is better than 2 servers with no players like darkfall.
    Until he has to sell the game to SoE for lack of subs on account of there being no room for new players to join in, no new tribes or homesteads.. what we start the game with will be all we have, because ALL viable land will be taken the first day (of totem placement)

Go explore the world, it's already pretty much the case.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Be careful with bandying the word "idiot" around when you clearly don't understand why he needed two servers in the first place. He said point blank that it had NOTHING to do with lag or queues. It had to do with homesteads & animal populations. Use the search function. His team has come up with some cool resolutions to the issue (overlapping homesteads, hibernation, & expanding the mist soon), so now we all get to enjoy the game we signed up for & the game he always intended.

There's nothing in there about expanding the mist sooner. He directly said in another update they wouldn't be expanding the mist sooner, and why. You made that up in your head, just like you've made up in your head that he always intended a full ffa pvp game (he's directly said the opposite).

You persist in the idea that there needs to be some further penalty for not wanting to put up with silly kids who want to gank you any time, anywhere, and destroy what you've built. These ideas do not work in MMO's, because there's never enough accountability to offset the real mental, maturation, and sociopathic issues that cause people to want to gank, crush, and destroy at a whim, for imagined slights, and to vent childish frustration. Kids, mentally, physically, or both.

Not everyone who does that stuff does it for those reasons, but there's a HUGE number of them that do. There's no escaping having to deal with them in the full ffa world you want. I don't want to have to form a war party or join a huge tribe because Jimmy didn't get his daily dose of ritalin. This quote from you: "Most people seem to not realize that, in 2011, in an open PvP game, it's not enough to be able to kill any person anywhere any way you like. It's also important to be able to stomp their crap into the ground. Burn down. Freaking disintegrate." leads me to believe you're one of the ritalin kids.

Some people, who like pvp, dislike HAVING to deal with the kids ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE. It's nice that we're being given the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Well, I'm glad Jooky decided to think outside the box to fix the animal/homestead issue & keep us all together.

I just wish he had chosen to keep the rule set for WAR rather than PEACE. As it stands, the concept of WAR is gone & we're all left playing on a huge PEACE server.

I'm fine with this under one condition. There need to be some major benefits to declaring as a warring tribe. It should not just be for shits & giggles. There should be some big juicy carrot to tempt the crafter tribes to declare for war. I'm thinking rare resources only available to tribes that declare for war, or something along those lines. No tribe should be able to have full access to everything without some element of risk involved.
    I'm very happy with the decision but yes I agree about the carrot. there needs to be MASSIVE rewards to be had on non safezone territory, risk vs reward baby.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Before acting all high and mighty there sir, maybe you should read the part where I said he's going to be doing bandaid quickfixes to try to make it work, despite the fact that it obviously didn't, or he'd never have suggested 2 servers to start with.

You people don't use your reasoning skills, you just have knee-jerk reactions to change, without even considering the underlying issues.

And Jooki is mighty dumb to be listening to you guys.. Haven't they learned anything from Roma Victor and the examples of other devs and such?
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I read the situation like this. When he decided to split the servers, he was took a "easier but not better" route to deal with the problems. Now, after some spirited debate yesterday, he has reconsidered. He has now come up with some innovative solutions that may actually enhance game play, while allowing him (and us) to enjoy his original vision of the game. He is taking the "more difficult but better" route. I applaud him for it!

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Until he has to sell the game to SoE for lack of subs on account of there being no room for new players to join in, no new tribes or homesteads.. what we start the game with will be all we have, because ALL viable land will be taken the first day (of totem placement)

Go explore the world, it's already pretty much the case.
    Lmao... as the mist lifts there will be more space to put down your totem. Are you really scared of a little competition? Or are you just wanting to keep your precious spot you played with during beta? I think if you want to play a singleplayer game go play minecraft.

One server is how it should be, now its just up to the devs to figure out how to manage it, I have faith in them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
    There's nothing in there about expanding the mist sooner. He directly said in another update they wouldn't be expanding the mist sooner, and why. You made that up in your head, just like you've made up in your head that he always intended a full ffa pvp game (he's directly said the opposite).

You persist in the idea that there needs to be some further penalty for not wanting to put up with silly kids who want to gank you any time, anywhere, and destroy what you've built. These ideas do not work in MMO's, because there's never enough accountability to offset the real mental, maturation, and sociopathic issues that cause people to want to gank, crush, and destroy at a whim, for imagined slights, and to vent childish frustration. Kids, mentally, physically, or both.

Not everyone who does that stuff does it for those reasons, but there's a HUGE number of them that do. There's no escaping having to deal with them in the full ffa world you want. I don't want to have to form a war party or join a huge tribe because Jimmy didn't get his daily dose of ritalin. This quote from you: "Most people seem to not realize that, in 2011, in an open PvP game, it's not enough to be able to kill any person anywhere any way you like. It's also important to be able to stomp their crap into the ground. Burn down. Freaking disintegrate." leads me to believe you're one of the ritalin kids.

Some people, who like pvp, dislike HAVING to deal with the kids ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE. It's nice that we're being given the choice.
    Although the lands beyond the green mist were created a long time ago, we spent a lot of time this past year improving the central active Tahoe zone. Our terrain artists are currently revising and improving the outer lands to match the central zone. The first expansion zone should be ready by the end of April. Currently, however, we can't clear the mist so we are limited to the Tahoe starting zone.

This was from yesterday's first update. The end of April is less than two months. Please link me to where he has rescinded this & stated that the mists won't be rolled back until later than this.

And I never said anything about a penalty for not flagging war...just no benefits. As I've stated here & in other threads, I'm thinking of a situation where certain crafting recipes will only be available to war tribes. You can play the rest of the game as you see fit. I'm not for forcing anyone to do anything. EvE works fine like this. If you want the very best stuff, you need to head down to 0.0 space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Its not about having balls or epeens or anything like that...its about playing the game in the way you like.
    LOL That was just some tongue-in-cheek teasing, dear.

As I've mentioned, I hope to see some tangible benefits for warring tribes like special combat weapon/armor recipes that are superior to what non-warring tribes can make. Special defensive structures that are cooler looking & stronger than what the peaceful can create. It really only makes sense. The natural progression of technology has often been directly related to the development of better war machines throughout human history.

This can be accomplished by having recipes that require certain crafting apparatuses that can only be placed on war-flagged tribe land.

The carebears can frolic in their safe zones all they like, but I don't think they should expect to have all the cool bells & whistles of tribes that are willing to risk everything for a small advantage. There are always consequences for both action & in-action.