Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    and get up at 6 am to be sure ive got all my ducks in a row for landgrab.
    Error:cannot create file message on 2 accounts. 3rd account begins a 300mb download, finishes and begins another 870mb download. 20 minutes later it disconnects me. i still havent been able to log in any of my 3 accounts . i think server is down now. i am pissed right off. 120 bucks so i cant get into game fairly. Money talks, 3 accounts walk.
    I feel your pain brother, even though I Didn't take the day off but I am sick so I got the day off work. I am pretty pissed myself that I can't log in but like rest of the people said that its expected on the first day. After all we are dealing with a 10 man crew (at most) working on this game and bravo for what they been able to achieve so far. Good luck bud.

Error:cannot create file message on 2 accounts. 3rd account begins a 300mb download, finishes and begins another 870mb download. 20 minutes later it disconnects me. i still havent been able to log in any of my 3 accounts . i think server is down now. i am pissed right off. 120 bucks so i cant get into game fairly. Money talks, 3 accounts walk.
    Your a fool have you learn nothing about MMO's when they launch

wait 2-3 weeks when everything is working,even 2-3 months might be better for this one

o.k., i'll be good now.

4. 03-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Dirt try this. Launch the game on one account only. Let it patch if needed. Then log in with that account only. Do not attempt to run the launcher while another account is loading into the game at the same time on the same PC. If you do that the launcher will sometimes start to download and patch a file that was being accessed by the other instance of the game that was loading in. Also may try making copies of the game dir for each account to launch from. Have not tested this tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Runtlington View Post
    I have win 7, worked fine for me, downloaded a small 2.5mb patch and was on, no drama.
    That was my experience.

I hear ya, Dirt. I took the day off too. It is infuriating that one's hopes get smashed to pieces after all the build up from the last "go live" attempt. From my point of view, there is nothing I can do about this but 1) react/kneejerk to bad-planning or 2) wait. I'm going with the Wait option -- I'm trying not to let my blood pressure get the better of me. I'm at least sticking around the two free months, when ever those actually start 'ticking'.

Did you get any of your accounts to work yet?

Cancel 2 accounts and play one so you can enjoy the game. Then log in when you have time (I assume you are homesteader) and take a walk and chose your post where you think it would be good. You don't have to rush as many have already chosen their spots in mad rush and stress. Take your time, get one near water and rock source and some trees and a pile of garbage. If you do that next to lake you will phail as everyone else. Try to explore outskirts. You have one whole day as nothing is on until who knows when. Then place your totem at where you think it's right and laugh at those who picked spots so close to each other.

Win.

The question is.. did DIRT plant his roots?? Did you finally get your spot ?