Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre Order Axes

You don't get it... Pre-order weapons WILL become obsolete soon. For now, they are just but a sample of a final product, cool one I might add, once you have all the craft skills or one person per tribe to be grandmaster on said crafts or individually to make the final product, mass production will make pre-order weapons obsolete.

You can't even have a valid conversation about this until armor actually does something. Moot point until armor is fixed so we can see how AC and Dmg Resistance affect combat. The 'game' is not complete. Maybe half complete. Maybe

To me the PO weapons in general just are a big F U to the weaponcrafters. Have fun destroying all your weapons you make cause they are useless until weeks of grinding??? F that...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    You don't get it... Pre-order weapons WILL become obsolete soon. For now, they are just but a sample of a final product, cool one I might add, once you have all the craft skills or one person per tribe to be grandmaster on said crafts or individually to make the final product, mass production will make pre-order weapons obsolete.
    i'm not following your logic.
    question:
    i have:
    a weapon that is a) not lootable b) does not decay c) is at the 98th percentile in terms of dps.
    a weapn that is a) lootable b) requires maximum quality components and a top tier craftsman c) is at the 100th percentile in terms of dps
    Which weapon is more valuable?

I will agree that simply destroying all the items you spend so much time gathering resources and grinding to skill up do make them seem rather worthless, and I'm sure contributes to the negative feelings about the state of crafting over all.

They are a reward for people that were willing to put their money on the table and help support the company during development. THAT was a real, and hugely important thing for Notorious Games I'm sure. As others have said, as time goes on, the PO weapons will have less of an impact. For now, yes, people that have PO weapons may have an advantage. Everyone had the same opportunity to obtain them by getting on board earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i'm not following your logic.
    question:
    i have:
    a weapon that is a) not lootable b) does not decay c) is at the 98th percentile in terms of dps.
    a weapn that is a) lootable b) requires maximum quality components and a top tier craftsman c) is at the 100th percentile in terms of dps
    Which weapon is more valuable?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajones View Post
    Everyone had the same opportunity to obtain them by getting on board earlier.
    Uh.. nobody is complaining that they can't get a PO axe. They're complaining that the PO axe is incredibly unbalanced and makes a large portion of the game pointless.

I have tested all of the PO weapons and I have not seen one do more than 33% damage against a naked target from behind. I'm not sure what the issue is here. With full castlerock they do about 12.5% damage. Do you guys have more than 10 fortitiude?

Xsyon Citizen
    They likely all have 90 fort.

Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    Whatever Devs idea it was to have 2 shot un drop able axes put in the game needs to be shot. Why even have weapon crafting?? I should of just got a preorder account and ran around the world naked 2 shotting people.

It takes me 4-7 hits to kill with a player made axe. A person with a pre order hits me for a little over half my health.

How is that even fair?
    Next time Pre-Order the game. Or work up your weapon making skills and make axes just as good.

And the the PO weapons are not going anywhere, no way Jordi pisses off the people that faithfully paid for the game before it was ready. Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    Next time Pre-Order the game. Or work up your weapon making skills and make axes just as good.

And the the PO weapons are not going anywhere, no way Jordi pisses off the people that faithfully paid for the game before it was ready. Deal.
    ^This.........