Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    February 1 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a patch. We're going to continue testing and adjusting the use of buildings as containers today but other changes have been patched out. This is a minor patch, but the functionality of the craft window is much better and some annoying bugs have been fixed.

Patch Notes:

- Fixed selection in craft window when sorting by name / class / type
    - Selection in craft window stays when you increase skill or gain schemes.
    - Tools in craft window stay unless you change the selected scheme.
    - Inventory functions revised in preparation for 'Real Estate' functions.
    - Animal AI improvements for pack behavior and creature aggression.
    - Graphics optimizations for rain.
    - Cart / container bug fixes.

There is a known issue with sorting recipes by class / type. This will be corrected

February 2 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Main Server is currently down and will remain down until we can sort out some problems caused by yesterday's patch. Unfortunately the patch has caused some improper saving of containers. This might take a bit to sort out so please bear with us today.

We will run some tests on the test server first and this may take a while as we may need to restart the server several times.

Thanks for your patience. We will get the server back up as soon as possible.

February 2 2012

The Test Server is now up. Please come to help check that everything is ok. Things should be as they were when the server was shut down for daily maintenance this morning. There may be some invalid inventory item messages when dragging objects that were gone missing after the maintenance. If so, please report this in global chat. I will be paying attention and will restart the server again after I get some feeback.

Thanks!

February 2 2012 10:05 AM PST

The Test Server is restarting again. The first test run looked good but I am going to run this several times to make sure everything is right before restarting the Main Server.

February 2 2012 10:35 AM PST

The Test Server is restarting again. These are quick restarts and checks. I expect the Main Server will be back up around between 12:00 Noon and 2:00 PM PST. I apologize again for the long down time today. We just want to make sure all items have been corrected and things are running 100% properly.

I will post again when everything is tripled checked and ready to go.

February 2 2012 11:55 AM PST

The Test Server is up and we are continuing to check that data is correct. If you can come to the Test Server to check your inventory, please do so. I will be monitoring and awaiting feedback.

Thanks!

February 2 2012 12:55 PM PST

The last test looked good, but I'm going to run my tests and error checks one last time just to make sure. The Main Server should be back up in about an hour after this final test.

February 2 2012 1:50 PM PST

I'm sorry this is taking so long. I need to restart the Test Server at least two more times. This process has revealed old incorrect data in the database from many months ago that should also be corrected. Restarting the server takes about 20 minutes each time which is why this takes so much time. Thank you for those helping check on the Test Server!

February 2 2012 5:00 PM PST

The Main Server is finally up!

This was a grueling day as each minor change took about 40 minutes to test, restoring data and restaring the server. Everything seems to check out now and we will keep a close eye on the Main Server. Some players that have been around for a while may find additional items in their packs as the process I ran today restored some items lost many months ago due to previous bugs.

This was a minor issue, affecting about 1000 out of millions of in game objects, but it was very time consuming to ensure that data was properly restored.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and assistance today!

Now, back to our regular tasks...

February 3 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update today: We're going to spend the next few days working on bug fixes, optimizations and cleaning up some data, in addition to a few improvements to having buildings as containers. Buildings as containers is basically done, but we're going to improve the permission system before releasing these to the Main Server. After this bug fixing and optimization session we'll get back to our regular schedule.

I will post when the Test Server is open for public testing for those interested.

Enjoy!