Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Me and ifireallymust will create a fierce homestead. Oh yah, and my wife will fight beside us. Us three will lay a whoopin on all tribe leaders. We will kill all of you, yep. Be afraid and lock up yer daughters. Unless your friendly, then we will spare you i suppose, maybe. Oh yah! You will be placing your totems days before us, right, well we cant kill you lucky bastards then can we? Cuz you'll see us coming, all two of us because my wife stayed home to craft doilies, and you will cower on your huge safe land. But we will wait outside your boundary until you muster the courage to send out your horde and then me and ifireallymust will pkill you all with our foragersshears. Be afraid.
    It's not as hard as you make it out to be. Hide. Creep up. Kill bare handed. But to defend a solo play style, of course I have to actually be able to play solo. So I'll just be over here by the lake, crafting on a junk pile until I feel like moving, and bloody well taking my time about it, too, awake for as many days as it takes to keep the tribal parasites from making off with the junk until I've got it all gathered up in baskets. Which of course is just going to piss me off even more. I hate losing sleep, and nothing about my first few days and probably weeks in this game will be fun now. But it will be worth it to spit in the pixelated faces of you whining, easymode big tribes.

@ Dirt: Yes, but if you're a homesteader it's not that big a deal, you only need enough stuff for 1-3 people. If you're a tribesman, then it's a whole different story because you need enough supplies for dozens of people.

@ifireallymust: You don't catch on quick. Morgan and I are two people that share a homestead. We even said that. It's about the diplomacy part. You can gain access to the scrap piles if you feel like you overwhelmingly need them (though tagging scavenging as one of your starter skills when you're by yourself really does negate that need pretty well) by being nice and trying to be diplomatic. I know, I know. That sounds like work. . .

ifireallymust,

you know, your name says it all. Rather than choosing paths of least resistance, you seem hell bent on having it your perfect way of 0% risk for 100% reward. If you can't have that, then clearly the developers need to intervene because their game is broken.

Rather than pouting I invite you to read my opening post and debate the points intelligently.

I also invite you to stay on topic and talk about your issues with being fenced in, rather than throwing a temper tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeous View Post
    @ Dirt: Yes, but if you're a homesteader it's not that big a deal, you only need enough stuff for 1-3 people. If you're a tribesman, then it's a whole different story because you need enough supplies for dozens of people.

@ifireallymust: You don't catch on quick. Morgan and I are two people that share a homestead. We even said that. It's about the diplomacy part. You can gain access to the scrap piles if you feel like you overwhelmingly need them (though tagging scavenging as one of your starter skills when you're by yourself really does negate that need pretty well) by being nice and trying to be diplomatic. I know, I know. That sounds like work. . .
    No, it sounds like being a second class citizen.

Yes, it's just a game. No, no one will die from injustice here. Not really. And even though it is pvp and there are a lot of jerks in the population, just as in every pvp game, I'm sure I could ask for what I need and eventually get it.

But the same way everyone was passionate about pvp rulesets and one server vs seperate servers, that's how I feel about the right to play solo without having to go whining like a little puppy dog to some tribe every time I need something.

I understand if you don't get it, and like I said, right now, I'm mostly pissed at my fellow solo players, who seem to be nowhere around right now, when it matters. I do have contempt for the tribes who cried to stay on one server and at the same time cried to have the best access to all the resources, though. It's easymode crap again, just like I've learned to expect from groups of players in every game.

But whatever, I give up. I might even just get a refund. This won't be any fun for me now. I can't defend land because a tribe's fighters can just drop a totem near me and theyll be right up against whatever walls I build, so there's no point in building. I can't even count in being able to get in and out of my little homestead freely. And every game is like this. Players and devs treat solo players terribly, and I'm really sick of it.

I think more what it is is that we, your fellow solo players, don't feel a sense of entitlement about resources. We picked to play solo because it's more challenging, we don't expect to have things handed to us. Neither should you.

If you do, maybe being a solo player on a game where you compete for resources isn't for you. Maybe Hello Kitty is more your style?

6. 03-06-2011, 12:08 PM

7. 03-06-2011, 12:11 PM

8. 03-06-2011, 12:12 PM

To restate something form my first post here, I can see why you'd be concerned about a larger tribe walling you in. I would do the same.

10. 03-06-2011, 12:14 PM

If you want something, then work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    If you want something, then work for it.
    So that someone can fence me out of it?

Ha ha. Yeah, that would be intelligent. Anyway, you little would-be griefers might not be allowed to get away with this so easily. I'm waiting to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    So that someone can fence me out of it?

Ha ha. Yeah, that would be intelligent. Anyway, you little would-be griefers might not be allowed to get away with this so easily. I'm waiting to find out.
    Well, no. I don't think Homesteads should be fenced in either. But this thread has long since derailed from that.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Here is your problem. Pick a less crowded area, mate! I posted this to you in other threads. If you're so concerned about having your plot of land "seized" by a large tribe, just find a more strategic spot to place you totem. Explore a bit & don't plop down at the first or largest junk pile you can find. There are tons of areas out there that have just enough flat land for a home plot & a small nearby junk pile that will never interest any proper tribe.
    Anywhere that's currently not crowded mostly also contains griefer tribe types.. Kind of makes it hard to find a safe place to settle heh.. But there are a few places here and there that might work out, depending on how you negotiate with the locals