Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    I really have to ask and I dont mean this to try and spark an arguement but everytime I read about Xsyon and pvp I wonder to myself why dont player just play Darkfall? Its actually a very good pvp game and its a bit of a myth that competition will happen more in this game because of resources. People really dont need a reason to seige although in Darkfall there are good reasons to want specific cities.

Anyway, not trying to make the question about Darkfall but still, why not play darkfall?

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    hey, if he likes repeating the same mantra over and over regardless of numerous points that shows flaws in the logic anyway..so be it

his 15 pages boils down to
    "mobile safezones FTL!" (pointed out the flaws in it, he refuses to refute )
    "you need as big a risk/reward ratio for ALL playstyles" (also pointed them out for it also)
    "PvP people need more PvE targets to fight, that fight back..but yet we need more pure PvP targets" (that in itself flaws itself)
    when the developers create a system to penalize a chosen path in game, people run from it. Its more thanb obvious in game, and will have consequences down the road.

balance means your not penalized for whatever path you take

that is all

all ive seen are old quotes from old develoepr posts that have changed and could change. i want this to be a topic. if you create a game that penalizes you for being anything other than a safe zone crafter, thats all your going to get, and ive have yet to see otherwise in game...wont be fun if this foundation is layed as tribal wars will be a snooze fest.

were all here for the sandbox, dont hate me bro because of the path i chose, however a sandobx is suppose to be void of any rules and nudges from the game system, its suppose to be player based, not sure if you guys actually want a sandbox or dont know what it really means. im not talking about a semi-sandbox like DF, UO, or EvE either. you say you like sandbox but i dont think you really know what it is.

im talking about the first true sandbox. this game will go down in history if it achieves this.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I really have to ask and I dont mean this to try and spark an arguement but everytime I read about Xsyon and pvp I wonder to myself why dont player just play Darkfall? Its actually a very good pvp game and its a bit of a myth that competition will happen more in this game because of resources. People really dont need a reason to seige although in Darkfall there are good reasons to want specific cities.

Anyway, not trying to make the question about Darkfall but still, why not play darkfall?
    I wonder that too..they hate lots of crafters, safezones, people having different risk reward ratios..then leave a game that fits that to a tee.. to come here and demand it be more like the game they left that failed because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    it was a legitimate topic for a game in development, and an actual concern. feel free to read the origional post, as i was aware of the controversy it would create.

i could have worded my OP much diffrently to create a better troll thread, but i didnt, this was a legitimate concern,
    the problem is your vision of what this game should does not match Xyson's vision. you are trying to change a vision that brought alot of us here, maybe even yourself to this game to fit your vision. I believe in another thread you were talking about the need for us pve players to adapt, why can't the pvp players adapt to something a little different than they are used too in a ffa game? we pve players already know we will get ganked in 95% of the game, why can't that other 5 percent be a safety zone? your mobile saftey zone is just imagination to try and put a bit of relevance to your change of xyson's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    But isn't that how it works in real life? Who risks more in life? A factory worker or a Marine?
    Each has it's role. Each has it's rewards.
    i think more factory workers die everyday than Marines

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    I wonder that too..they hate lots of crafters, safezones, people having different risk reward ratios..then leave a game that fits that to a tee.. to come here and demand it be more like the game they left that failed because of it.
    my insticts tell me because they arent good at it. When it comes to pvp combat that game takes friggin skill

..obviously....
    this game is more sandbox like and that is what darkfall players miss.
    building your tribe where you want, terraforming and stuff like that.
    sadly the combat system is a big fail still at the moment.

no Ive replied to each one with an example..maybe you just missed them in the flury of posts.

the mobile safezones.. what tribes going to build a huge village..to ditch it and start from scratch because they are a little too far from junk in thier ring?
    the risk vs reward...I gave 2 examples..an ingame, and in life example of how the logic is flawed.

and how do you get more PvE people that fight back? wouldnt that just mean they are PvP? as they are wanting to fight? then where does that leave the PvE people that dont? just a version of the ones that need to hurry up and get with the PvP?

What's to keep a solo player from doing the mobile homestead thing? They strip mine out an area, and trade all the goods off to a friend or an alt in a large tribe. They then move on to deplete the next area's resources entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    What's to keep a solo player from doing the mobile homestead thing? They strip mine out an area, and trade all the goods off to a friend or an alt in a large tribe. They then move on to deplete the next area's resources entirely.
    that the biggest concern? a single player eating up a junkpile and moving around?
    the only person safe on that area is that one guy..so it would only be him getting an advantage from safety on it.

so your more concerned that one guy using it for safety to kill the pile over a month solo..than the big tribe next door that has 10 harvesters chewing thru a pile in the open over 4 days, gathering in numbers for safety?