Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 33.71%
  • No

118 66.29%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Xsyon Citizen
    US server will be far more populated. But, at least you'll be around people in your own region.
    Not to mention the speed will be a bit faster.

Looks like the vast majority is against the idea. Hopefully Jooky sees this and decides to just upgrade the current servers instead of adding the EU server.

I wish there was only 1 server too.I like playing with the EU peeps.But this is good news.First server is getting near capacity ( more money to hire workers) They will need another server to handle more peeps.So why not put it in Europe,makes sense.
    I have to say this is 1 of the best game Community i have ever been apart of.(except that jackass who posted game pictures of his fire pit swastika on mmorpg) I think that is what the outcry was about,nobody wanted to break up the community.

Quote Originally Posted by wirerzo View Post
    People that are voting yes are only doing so for their own selfish reasons. .
    That can also be said of the people who voted no.
    They don't want to play in a server that is/feels empty and i'm sure many other reasons why they don't like it.

It's good to add another server when this server is full, but if people want to go to the EU server a year or more from now, after they invested so much time, doubt it.
    But it is true that empty servers are often the end of mmo's

Not sure why you guys even would think about a EU server. The combat is very VERY slow so whats the point? Until the combat is faster and requires less ping (aka Mortal Online / Darkfall), there is no point in even thinking about an extra server just for lower ping ms... Only thing the game has right now is walking around and collecting materials and building towns, etc... not alot of action there... The game is slow when moving, its not like you have to build a building faster than the other guy to see who wins...

Does anyone not understand this point??

Quote Originally Posted by Hampy View Post
    Solution: make an EU server with a different map, and make it possible to US and EU players to go back and forth between the worlds..with a loading screen..like if it was 2 different continents.
    No... Do not want to play another AION / AOC clone where you have to load different zones to see people... everyone should be on the same screen on the same server

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hello everyone!

This is definitely not an expected reaction! I've been getting requests for a European server all year.

I'd like to clarify this situation.

We are preparing a European server in case we need it. As I see this overall negative reaction, if we don't need the second server it will not be turned on until we physically need it. This is not a matter where we can upgrade the machine or bandwidth, we are already going to have the maximum available to us.

I do plan to run a European download server as soon as possible and a trial server will be a necessity for free trials. I will not allow 'free trials' to create the possibility for players to create free accounts that would affect the live Xsyon world.

There will be a point where the Xsyon world can't accomodate the population, and where the population on one server will be too large to form a tight cohesive community.

The original plan that we will follow is to add new lands that run on separate but connected servers (much like what is done with EVE Online), this would effectively create neighborhoods of communities that play together, but this is not something that can be done overnight.

If we grow too fast, we will have to split the world. We are not there yet, of course. I am simply preparing for this scenario. We are growing quickly and as many of you have probably noticed, this is without any advertisement or direct promotion on our part. I've answered a few interviews and announced the launch in early January, but that's all.

If we do need additional servers, nobody will be forced to play on a specific server and players will be allowed to create characters on both servers. It will simply be an option. I was ready to offer than option now rather than later and that's all. If it does not seem necessary it will not be done.

I hope that alleviates the concerns.
    Hope you guys read this. He said it at 5PM yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Hope you guys read this. He said it at 5PM yesterday.
    What he said is the same thing he had said before...there will be an EU server, this game is not what some people expected..a single world sandbox game, that was one of the reasons i liked it...and a very important one, for me ofc.

With this i am disapointed...but its the dev choice...i have a choice also...to not play this game because its a really important factor in my mind that just broke the game for me.

Before he said that he would implement the European servers at launch. Now hes saying he will only do it if it is nessecery. And hopefully it wont be. I hope he will rethink it and try to do what the EVE devs have done.