Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    [QUOTE=scambammer;50732]I've played alot of mmos but I think the most fun I've ever had pvping is not an mmo. I <3 LoL.....[/QUOTE]

embarassing to say the least

[QUOTE=esudar;50745]embarassing to say the least[/QUOTE]
    spoken like a true mmo pvper w/out enough skill to succeed in LoL....
    this game and it's pvp is a mild relaxing distraction from LoL for me ....for when my brain can't handle League's insanity...

Warhammer
    PvP allday without much level / gear grind
    Problem : Balance

[B]Ultima Online[/B] - best so far - all others have been just poor imitations
    [B]Everquest [/B] - PVP was fun, GMs were dicks unfortunately (Sony - go figure)
    [B]Neocron [/B]- cyborgs and fps oh my
    [B]Darkfall[/B] - the first real good copy of Ultima Online PVP style of play - unfortunately the game was a bigger grind then UO

I played WWII Online as well on release, however that game was extremely buggy and unoptimized for the first year or two of release - I never felt that someone had better skills then me when fps drop from 35 to 2 during dogfights - etc. However after spending 15 minutes getting to the battlefield only to be shot down immediately because of bad fps/lag/server instability got to be too much to handle.

Anyone play MUDs back in the day? Yeah, that was the best time I had in a PvP/PK environment.

Things like blindness, take on a new meaning when your screen just says "someone entered the room" instead of giving details. Potions boiling over when you get hit with a Fireball, armor melting when you take acid damage and then, of course, the full-loot (of whatever was left) system in place and exp penalty for death gave new meaning to frustration... but it was addictive as hell!

UO came second, but lacked some of those other details. After that was Asheron's call (Darktide server).

[QUOTE=Lerxst;51290]Anyone play MUDs back in the day? Yeah, that was the best time I had in a PvP/PK environment.

[/QUOTE]

I played a few MUDs pre-UO, even played Zork I - II - original Bards Tale on C64 etc. Good Times!

Shadowbane.

If you did not say Shadowbane, you're wrong!

...does the game have to have meaningful PvP or more of a chaotic, no-point-other-than-to-kill PvP?

Well, if it was meaningful, I'd say Age of Conan. PvP was awesome in that game, even if highly unbalanced.

no-point PvP would be...Global Agenda. Get on, faceroll some people in Mercenary a few times, get some loot, and then you've played most of the game.