Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    no i mean players, granted some saying they program are actual programmers. but Ive seen every other post about lag or issues have 4-5 people claiming they are a game dev, and know how to fix the issues, or whats causing the issues

you are not the first you will not be the last! good luck dont blame you ^^

People post these things for a few reasons. . one to make their displeasure public so that they feel some sense accomplishing something for their invested time rather than just walking away. Second I think is to let the developers know. . although adding specifics as to why would make it a a lot more useful.

I didn't play in alpha of UO but was in Beta and I can say this is a lot more playable than beta or release. the first day after release of UO people were exploiting bugs to get 100 in combat skills. People after release abused the noteriety and flagging system. . safe zones etc. Animals were a mess in beta (stomachs and hunger getting switched) so bears were rampaging all around towns killing people. The server was being reset. . crashing all of the time. Alpha of UO was just a small area around the town of Brittain. Most features were not enabled etc. Soo. . not sure where that came from but I know hind sight can be a little rose tinted. I remember the devs making a post about how they realized they would have to "optimize" the networking code because the load was too much .. they hadn't even considered that etc. etc.

The fact is that we could all go play UO Second Age or SWG in a somewhat pre CU NGE mode right now. . but most of us don't. It is the freshness of those games that made them great and it is/was the freshness of this game that makes/made it great. UO as a first experience can't be beat. . not until they plug you into a virtual world where you are actually "in" the game.

Regardless. The OP said they would keep an eye on the game. . not that it sucked. They will be back

For one you basically just said UO in alpha stage was better than this game in its current stage. You had bear invasions, wow sounds way more exciting than sand castle builder. At least they had mobs in UO. Xsyon doesn't have anything to do. I stopped playing about 2 weeks ago and started playing MO. Another game that lacks content and has tons of bugs, but still way more fun than xsyon in its current state. There is absolutely nothing to do on Xsyon and the longer I am away from the game the more I realize this. This game already has a tiny production team and with everyone quitting this game their funds are only gonna get smaller. In my opinion this game will never take off, although I hope I am wrong.

Why am I posting this?

1. Mortal Online servers are down (Btw there's a 2 week free trial)

2. I like independent game companies and wish they would succeed

3. This game has great ideas, and if executed correctly it could be fun

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    man all these developers playing in this game, it seems we have attracted every MIT graduate and game dev into one game somehow...
    I am actually 3000 Playstation 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKane View Post
    For one you basically just said UO in alpha stage was better than this game in its current stage. You had bear invasions, wow sounds way more exciting than sand castle builder. At least they had mobs in UO. Xsyon doesn't have anything to do. I stopped playing about 2 weeks ago and started playing MO. Another game that lacks content and has tons of bugs, but still way more fun than xsyon in its current state. There is absolutely nothing to do on Xsyon and the longer I am away from the game the more I realize this. This game already has a tiny production team and with everyone quitting this game their funds are only gonna get smaller. In my opinion this game will never take off, although I hope I am wrong.

Why am I posting this?

1. Mortal Online servers are down (Btw there's a 2 week free trial)

2. I like independent game companies and wish they would succeed

3. This game has great ideas, and if executed correctly it could be fun
    I would not disagree with any of that. Games almost have to come out of the launch gate with a full set of features. UO did but it had all the money of the Ultima and Wing Commander series behind it. If we want a new game like that we have to support it. I am not sure how well this can even work in todays market. The problem is that the bigger the company the more diluted the game gets. With UO Gariot, Ralph etc. could create their vision.

I am not holding out on a hugely successful sandbox. The options are rather limited though. I am not ready to give up completely and I can afford the $15 a month to try to get a piece of something close to the past experiences I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    People post these things for a few reasons. . one to make their displeasure public so that they feel some sense accomplishing something for their invested time rather than just walking away. Second I think is to let the developers know. . although adding specifics as to why would make it a a lot more useful.

I didn't play in alpha of UO but was in Beta and I can say this is a lot more playable than beta or release. the first day after release of UO people were exploiting bugs to get 100 in combat skills. People after release abused the noteriety and flagging system. . safe zones etc. Animals were a mess in beta (stomachs and hunger getting switched) so bears were rampaging all around towns killing people. The server was being reset. . crashing all of the time. Alpha of UO was just a small area around the town of Brittain. Most features were not enabled etc. Soo. . not sure where that came from but I know hind sight can be a little rose tinted. I remember the devs making a post about how they realized they would have to "optimize" the networking code because the load was too much .. they hadn't even considered that etc. etc.

The fact is that we could all go play UO Second Age or SWG in a somewhat pre CU NGE mode right now. . but most of us don't. It is the freshness of those games that made them great and it is/was the freshness of this game that makes/made it great. UO as a first experience can't be beat. . not until they plug you into a virtual world where you are actually "in" the game.

Regardless. The OP said they would keep an eye on the game. . not that it sucked. They will be back
    this game is a beta full of Technical isuse and empty of contents.

Aye, I am a game dev too: my game needs a finger and a nose. And its Alpha was waaay better than this !

Theatrics nonwithstanding, where was your spot so we can go and rape your JP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Killarai View Post
    Myself and four others just cancelled our subs, sorry but this isn't even on par with Alpha UO.
    I'll still be watching the progress and hoping for promised features.

Good luck.
    Can I has your stuff?

The reason I personally quit, is because I found it more exciting to watch the Xsyon forums and hope for progression, than actually playing the game. (I don't need to sub for this)

I felt the need to post this thread for a verbal notation on the dwindling community.
    I'm a random, we all know this, but myself and many other randoms populated the server.