Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Skills and statuses.

This is main reason I will not support nor play Xsyon:
    If skills and statuses decay below 80.
    It is painfull enough to have decay in the first place.
    I can understand items decay and structure decay but I don't undestand skills and statuses decay at all.

Skills and stats dont decay unless you train up other ones really high.

You can have 4+ skills at 100 per pool, and you can have 7 stats at 100+. Its not like they decay just over time. They only decay if you are trying to push up too much other stuff up really high.

Xsyon Citizen
    How high is the boundry? I pushed tailor over 90 and my basketry went down even when I had 30.2 in basketry.
    And some skills like firebuilding, masonry and wood working should be in architecture pool.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-15-2012 at 04:48 PM.

If you use the "Plus" and "Lock" options on the skills you do not want to go down while you are grinding other skills they will not go down. I leave the "plus" on skills I want to keep but don't use very often, and the skills I use all the time stay up on their own from use.

By using "Minus" on skill you do not care about while using those skills will also preserve the other skills you want to keep. You will gain XP but not skill. Then you can spend the XP points where you want. However be careful not to leave the minus on skills with stats associated with other skills you want to raise because it too can have an undesirable effect on associated skills by lowering or preventing the associated stats from raising.
    Last edited by Willowhawk; 12-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Skills and stats dont decay unless you train up other ones really high.

You can have 4+ skills at 100 per pool, and you can have 7 stats at 100+. Its not like they decay just over time. They only decay if you are trying to push up too much other stuff up really high.
    I have to object because I made a small mistake recently on my char Anon. I had scavenge at 72 and that skill was my highest skill in the pool. My second largest skill was resource at 60. I really had no third skill over 5. I dumped 35 points into logging and that gave me a few levels in logging (ofc) but at the cost of reducing scavenging by 8 levels.

The mistake was obviously not locking scavenge + resource before dumping the points....

Right, you could have locked it. That was my point.

Yes skill decay, but only if you are training 4+ really high, because you can always lock the ones you want to keep.

Sorry didnt say to lock them but thats what I was talking about.

Xsyon Citizen
    I would reather see something like this.
    Be able to level all skills to 80 which will never go up or down, then place two skills on +/lock to reach 100, so when I use lock on two skills then I shouldn't be able to level another skill over 80, lets say I have tailor and toolcraft at 100, and I want to swith from tailor to leather, then I would have to remove +/lock from tailor and place it on leathercraft which will enable leather to level up to 100 while tailor to decay back to 80.
    The only thing is left is to determent how many points/klicks from 1 to 80 and from 80 to 100, in my opinion that could be like so, from (1 to 80) should be 10,000 points/klicks and from (80 to 100) 10,000 points/klicks, also diference on status points at 80, 90 and 100.
    This way you will never have more then two skills at 100 but also will keep you buisy leveling all skills to 80.

But you cant have all yoru skills at 80 and 2 at 100. Its not what is wanted.

You can have all your skills at 30 and 2 at 100.

Xsyon Citizen
    You said one can have 4+ per pool at 100.

Yep, but if you have 4 at 100, you cant have all at 30 + 4 at 100.

You could have 2 at 100, and the other 9 at 30.

But no way no how are you going to have 9 at 80, and 2 at 100.