View Poll Results: Wipe after they fix server issues?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 47.20%
  • No

151 52.80%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Without reading the thread, just the OP. I'm not prepared to accept another Year 0 wipe after working our asses off against the server for 4.5 hrs. A year 0 wipe is a year 0 wipe. What do you want, a Year 0 Day 3 wipe?

The lag stuff happened from the start.

It was fair.

As fair as a start like this could be.

My group has only seen one other totem even remotely near us -- And it was a homestead.

Spots are out there...

The major problem is that the Database is messed up totally.

After 2 1/2 hours we were able to create our tribe and place our totem, but now we are all in different tribes and our totem belongs to nobody. I think these things make a wipe necessary, otherwise we could expect Database errors at much later points in game which would cause MUCH more trouble than a wipe right now.

Regarding the way some people "discuss" here I can only say, that I do not believe some have ultimate wisdom as they claim to have and it is funny to watch it. Be aware not to make a "running gag" out of yourselves before the game has even started. At least it was fun for me to read...

*grabs some popcorn*

4. 02-18-2011, 07:38 PM

5. 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM

6. 02-18-2011, 07:47 PM

why did the DB get f up?

/face palm

we all just wasted 5 hours.....man

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    why did the DB get f up?

/face palm

we all just wasted 5 hours.....man
    No official word has claimed anything wrong with the database. What were experiencing is probably just server delays causing things to happen long after someone has done them, and then people complaining because they dont remember frantically clicking around. As for the tribe thing, the server is very laggy, there are multiple explanations for such a thing that doesnt involve a theory that goes along the lines of "OMFG RUINED DATABASE WIPE NAO!".

Just because you make a poll doesn't mean you are right to assume that we need to wipe because you didn't place your totem before someone else claimed an area of land.

Funny, because I already stated earlier in this thread I got my totem up hours ago, way before the lag problems started. I'm saying that we need a wipe even though I am one of those tribe leaders.

You perfectly matched my expectations Tehralph.

However:

It is not set in stone that the whole database is messed up, but there is a great chance it may have effect on other database rows which may not even be used at this early stage of the game. I, with my limited knowledge of databases, think it is better to prevent bigger problems which may occur in future. Nobody looses something with a wipe, keep in mind it is still a game.

It is interesting that you of all people feel so insulted (which was not my intention) by my little footnote, but now you said your little pearl of wisodm and I hope you feel better now.

We busted ass, fought the lag, placed the totem. Now we are all in different tribes and our totem keeps changing names. lol

How is that not a DB issue?

/sigh