Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonan View Post
    i am not talking about unlimited flighttime, this would make the feature to powerfull. instead it needs playerskill to determine when you have to land and where.
    could be usefull for scouting, or commanding your troups where to attack.
    instead you would be a nice target for archers.

although i dont like the transport idea. to much weight and you will drop like a stone.

anyway, is there an online game with such a feature? ^^
    flight time is only limited by the height your gliding from, and carrying things would be done with a large packs or what not, not storing things on the glider it's self.

Quote Originally Posted by trenixdecease View Post
    Yes, if you were a paraglider, because there are so many of those. Sorry, but the thought of me making one right now in real life and using it, sounds extremely dangerous. It's a lot more difficult than you think...
    paragliding is actually a popular sport and in mountainous areas i'm sure you'll find a community of them. all it is your doing is gliding down like a paper airplane from somewhere high up, if you know anything bout anything when it comes to aviation this is chump work. another form of paragliding tho is just using a sports chute and is more "safe" but a lot more difficult to build than a paraglider

it wont fit the setting. ok i think this everyones own association.
    i dont think that mankind will only gathering food and try to survive the wilderness. at some time they will look for fun, action or just a way to outclass theire enemies. maybe due to aircontroll.

btw humans tried for decades to fly (look at leonardo da vinci, wright brothers)
    i think they will try again

but thats my opinion

it wont fit the setting. ok i think this everyones own association.
    i dont think that mankind will only gathering food and try to survive the wilderness. at some time they will look for fun, action or just a way to outclass theire enemies. maybe due to aircontroll.

btw humans tried for decades to fly (look at leonardo da vinci, wright brothers)
    i think they will try again

but thats my opinion
    That may be so; however, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

4. 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM

I like the idea. I am sure the region has atleast a few paragliding clubs. So if it could be put in the game I see no reason why we couldnt find the right parts by scavanging.

standing at the peak of a high mountain watching the land, it came to my mind.
    wouldn't it be nice to take some trash (metalpoles, cloth and strings or somthing), put them together to a paraglider, run towards the edge, jump and just fly a few minutes?

weeeh
    WOW that is the last thing this game needs right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    WOW that is the last thing this game needs right now....
    I think no one meant it right now

not now ^^
    it's a feature i'd like to see in the future.

for now a little bit more things to do were great

If it was in the game. I think it would be best if it could be used once then destroyed. Like you gather the material. Then later on if you need a quick getaway. you assemble it quick then take off off of a cliff. Then kinda crashland and it be destroyed. Just would give you enough of a head start to get away from say a party of 5 or so chasing you.

why have it destroyed just repack it then whenever ur up high somewhere use it

I think it shouldn't be destroyed upon the first use but after X amount of flying time, so if it goes all the way down when you're in the air you plummet to your death. I would think maybe 5 minutes total flying time or something to that effect would be a good amount of time..