Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I dunno I had a damn good first impression playing in the beta phase, pretty awesome game there, just need to have patience something a lot of people seem to not have anymore. Good work takes time, just let it play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    It does look bad and Xsyon will always be remembered as the MMO which relaunched its early access within days of becoming available. Whoops, what a screw up. I like the game, but now I'm wary of there being more screw ups and I'm wondering when the next wipe will be after next weeks since the devs would rather wipe then fix the issues.

I really hope they'll hire more staff to solve and fix these issues.
    Actually I think that too, that the wipe statement came out too fast. Never heard any MMO company wipe character after game went live (yes, prelaunch is live state of the game) and they all have had problems at launch.

I dont understand why they cant keep the characters and just wipe the world clean from the totems, instead of total wipe.

I have ran around most the map I do not see a lot of players. Maybe a few 100 of us online max? About the same as beta.

Not sure what the big deal of the wipe is, I mean you took what 5 minutes to make your character and another 5 or so to run to your tribe land?

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    You paid for a pre order that gives you a head start before others ( remember release was pushed back to 15th march) and for two month subscription.
    Let's be realistic about what this actually is: A launch to get the monthly fees started in a few months. He needs cash to hire more developers. Pretty sure he posted something similar, already.

There is no head start, since anyone can "pre-order" at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by noste11 View Post
    I dont understand why they cant keep the characters and just wipe the world clean from the totems, instead of total wipe.
    Characters have some bad data as well. Not all.. as not all tribes are messed up either.

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    Actually I think that too, that the wipe statement came out too fast. Never heard any MMO company wipe character after game went live (yes, prelaunch is live state of the game) and they all have had problems at launch.
    I guess you were never at the age of conan launched, they did a rollback also after the first few hours. you also seem to think it was easy for them to decide on a wipe, again people are assuming. i'm sure if a wipe wasn't needed there would not be one and being a guy myself in IT that runs DB's for a living i can understand their hassle especially when they had no good data to begin with.

9. 02-20-2011, 03:27 PM

you can find a full explanation here: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...5709#post45709

I will also add that on these forums and on MMORPG forums there were lots of viewable posts stating that there was lag and that the early access did not go as well as planned. Now, however, the team is working thier asses off to fix the current problems.

On a good note, as stated in the above link, problems are being fixed that wouldn't happen under and other circumstances other then lag.

I love the game and cannot wait until the new servers are in (no really, I can't wait, fix it NOW!!! Having said that, the issues on that first day definitely make a bad first impression for those who hadn't had the chance to play before the pre-launch/launch. However, once it gets sorted out (sooner rather than later), I think those 1st impressions will evaporate and they will love it also. I am confident of this because despite what ppl say, if they spent $40 bucks on a game, they won't just try it on day one and forget about it. They'll be back after things settle down (most of them anyway).