View Poll Results: How are you going to play?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Hermit, I'm going it alone!

66 21.22%
  • A small group of friends (2-9).

92 29.58%
  • A thriving town of folks! (10+)

124 39.87%
  • Don't know yet.

29 9.32%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Holy crap 0_0 it's almost 21/21/21.

another poll that invalidates the point it is trying to make.

these polls are pointless, when you are trying to determine the number of Totem polls being placed and representing X number of players. If you have 20 people vote on the 10+ how many of them are in the same tribe? it does not accurately represent how many tribal areas are being claimed. Some tribes have members that are more active on the forums, some tribes arent active at all. How many hermits are going to group up or join existing tribes within the next month?

You want an accurate idea of how land is going to be claimed? the vote should be made ONLY by the person in the tribe placing the Totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post

these polls are pointless, when you are trying to determine the number of Totem polls being placed and representing X number of players. If you have 20 people vote on the 10+ how many of them are in the same tribe? it does not accurately represent how many tribal areas are being claimed. Some tribes have members that are more active on the forums, some tribes arent active at all. How many hermits are going to group up or join existing tribes within the next month?

You want an accurate idea of how land is going to be claimed? the vote should be made ONLY by the person in the tribe placing the Totem.
    This.

You know why? If 7 people will claim area for 70 people, they should get the benifit of placing their pole first.

I was going to be a hermit, at least at first, but now it looks like hermits are screwed, so I won't be playing at all.

Too bad, I've had my eye on this game for awhile. If this sounds like nerd rage, keep in mind there is actually a deeply disappointed human behind this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I was going to be a hermit, at least at first, but now it looks like hermits are screwed, so I won't be playing at all.

Too bad, I've had my eye on this game for awhile. If this sounds like nerd rage, keep in mind there is actually a deeply disappointed human behind this post.
    Don't give up yet, they are working on to find a fix for this, I'm sure you'll be able to play your hermit

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post

In reality, even if solo players have to wait a couple days, it is just a couple days. March 1st is the real opening day, that's 13 days after pre-launch. What are those people going to feel like? What about people that pick the game up in 6 months? 12 months? Although I understand your frustration, this is really no big deal in the end, it is not a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooflung View Post
    In reality, even if solo players have to wait a couple days, it is just a couple days. March 1st is the real opening day, that's 13 days after pre-launch. What are those people going to feel like? What about people that pick the game up in 6 months? 12 months? Although I understand your frustration, this is really no big deal in the end, it is not a game changer.
    Why dont we make tribes wait couple of days, it is just couple of days.

I didnt see it advertised "Tribes of 10+ get a headstart and everyone else joins after a couple of days at custom schedule"

Let me guess: you are in a tribe of 10+, and you dont find this a big deal. Lol

So two days after everyone else has settled in, I log in to the game for the first time. How many times will I have to delete my ganked and looted character before I finally make it to an unsettled patch of ground and drop a totem? Ten? Twenty? More? If I do decide to try, I certainly hope they don't impose a character creation limit, or it might take months just to make it past the tribelands and into unclaimed territory with a handful of tools and a fishing pole!

Edited to add a suggestion: If you feel you must do this to solo players and tribes of less than ten, then you should consider giving temporary immunity to new players until a certain number of hours has passed or until that player drops their first totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post

There really is not a better way to make a public poll in which there is no controlled sample.

Be that as it may, I see there IS quite a few solo'rs here, so far.

High expectations are high. No way in burning hell could I, or anyone else, get that info.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Let me guess: you are in a tribe of 10+, and you dont find this a big deal. Lol
    I am now in a 10+ tribe, but I've solo'd for the last couple wipes. I had a sweet spot to camp and I didn't rush to setup, I was days from being the first on after a wipe.

I really do hope that they change it to having a long cooldown for totem placing. It really would make everything even, and stop "totem griefing".