Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: @ Dev Danathur

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Does comfort work? Do walls keep animals out? Does a roof keep the rain off you? Do your assigned points to skills work?

THAT is exactly why we have had so many lousy MMOs release in recent years. People like you making excuses for garbage.
    Im really on your side but you not making the best points.

Can you name an MMO that has everything working on release? Just 1 please.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Im really on your side but you not making the best points.

Can you name an MMO that has everything working on release? Just 1 please.
    Rift - but that's irrelevant. The issue is not perfection, it is 'fit for release'. Xsyon is not, yet it has been released.

Can you one successful MMO that had half of its features missing or broken at release?

BTW - using excuses like other MMOs are bad too, is NOT 'on my side'. You excuse what I decry.

I'm a huge supporter of indie games and devs....

But seriously, there is a difference between "Some features not working" and "Hardly any features working". Sure, some MMOs may not have their fluff features in, but here we are talking basic core features that make or break the game. No decay? That's pretty serious...

This game is obviously, without a doubt, in beta (Server whipes, basic features being tested by the player base, etc)... Yet we are paying full AAA MMO prices. Slapping the title "Prelude" on the game does not correct this.

Anyone who regularly works remotely knows there is a difference between working via VPN and calling into meetings and being able to be in the same room talking face to face with the people you're working with.

The risk of rework is easily much much higher in a remote working relationship, especially in development. Delays in communication to these forums regarding solid upcoming changes to the game should be expected at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    Anyone who regularly works remotely knows there is a difference between working via VPN and calling into meetings and being able to be in the same room talking face to face with the people you're working with.
    Then hire people in the same city.
    The risk of rework is easily much much higher in a remote working relationship, especially in development. Delays in communication to these forums regarding solid upcoming changes to the game should be expected at this point.
    No. They should be expected before release. Not after.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post

But seriously, there is a difference between "Some features not working" and "Hardly any features working"....

This game is obviously, without a doubt, in beta (Server resets, basic features being tested by the player base, etc)... Yet we are paying full AAA MMO prices. Slapping the title "Prelude" on the game does not correct this.
    Turbine, with the full backing of Microsoft and all it's resources still had weeks worth of rollbacks in their first two years of Asheron's Call. This is an Indie game with the backing of no-one. Reality check folks.

Rift - but that's irrelevant. The issue is not perfection, it is 'fit for release'. Xsyon is not, yet it has been released.

Can you one successful MMO that had half of its features missing or broken at release?

BTW - using excuses like other MMOs are bad too, is NOT 'on my side'. You excuse what I decry.

Rift had missing stuff also.
    Did you play Rift? I did. Try doing Greenscale week one. =P You didnt get loot for it.

Anyways I agree with you, thats a very valid point with 1/2 the features. Which is why release was delayed a year. Im expecting this month and next month to see many patches, unlike the last 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post

But seriously, there is a difference between "Some features not working" and "Hardly any features working"....

This game is obviously, without a doubt, in beta (Server resets, basic features being tested by the player base, etc)... Yet we are paying full AAA MMO prices. Slapping the title "Prelude" on the game does not correct this.
    It's not even in beta. Server rollbacks should be solved before leaving alpha testing.

Then hire people in the same city.

No. They should be expected before release. Not after.
    You hire people in the same city, then you have issues of only having a dev team of 2 people. Instead of 5 people. Due to prices of wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    Turbine, with the full backing of Microsoft and all it's resources still had weeks worth of rollbacks in their first two years of Asheron's Call. This is an Indie game with the backing of no-one. Reality check folks.
    Indie does not mean a charity.

Another game being crap does not excuse this.

BTW, MineCraft was primarily developed by one man. It was in far better shape when it was first put up for purchase than Xsyon is.