Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Actually now that I think of it, this reminds me of a time players were listened to, it resulted in a world called trammel...

You get what you ask for I guess.

Wonderful decision, Xsyon, and thanks for this hilarious thread.

Roughly 25% of the voters in the poll (here: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...nes-in-Prelude) said they wanted a game with no safe zones in prelude. Now they get a server where safe zones will be removed as soon as possible - and what do they do: fuming, crying, ragequitting.

Priceless.

C'mon guys...you're getting what you wanted. Nut up. Go on over there. Make it work. You want politics and influencing people...start by influencing your crafters to go over there with you.

Sheesh.

You couldn't have found a better way to completely EXPOSE the "hardcore pvp" crowd.

I can careless about "Safe Zones" or not, I'll play either way, but with ONE server!

How will you ensure the players of a particular server are making the suggestions (splitting up the forums isn’t going to cut it)?

If game mechanics are going to be based on two communities/play types how will this not thin out development?

I have to guess which server will evolve into what I want to play, guess wrong re-roll.

Becoming less of a game and more of a social experiment… Make the servers the same and give them generic names (Bear and Wolf) and be done with it.

My guess be that tribe leaders on peace need to invite other tribes to war, and tribes on the war server will have a open to attack at any time mechanic.
    no difference in out of save zone pvp as I read it.

The view of some folks that a "war"and a"peace" server will split the community is kinda ridicules in my own view.
    As a tribe why do you even recruit crafters that are not into pvp if your a self proclaimed hardcore pvp tribe, if you dint then you wont loos your crafters.

Any tribe that does not have its own crafters would not make it in the long run as trade is slow and in warfare the faster you can resuply the more chance you win.

Be happy, No more crying from both sides , "PvE" folks have a bit saver home (for a while at least) and PvP'er can beat the heck out of each otehr and have a challenge instead of hunting folks that cant or wont fight back.

Well then I guess I'm not a PvPer. I play for the experience which I like to be a balance between PvP and PvE, where they merge nicely, like my post suggesting a better idea. Im not one of them fancy elitist 'real' PvPers that PvP for the thrill, if I wanted that I would play team fortress 2, or CoD.

As I said, peace seems to be more balance at the moment, so I will be joining that. Hopefully if war becomes magically good, I'll go over there. But seeing how the war population will be mostly the 'real' PvPers that want Quake: Xsyon Arena with crafting, I doubt it will change.

Also I say Peace is more balance because there IS PvP, if i suddenly have the urge to murder a hapless lumberjack, i can waltz outside and beat up on him. Just as if i leave camp, go fishing, someone can come up on take my honor.

Welcome to the Pre CU/NGE of Xsyon. Two servers is a bad idea imo. /sigh

pffff, 2 servers Someone make a poll please.
    I don't think this the solution. Make the pvp a total grief server and remove after a while so people who want to grief can do it on that server....
    This is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    The view of some folks that a "war"and a"peace" server will split the community is kinda ridicules in my own view.
    If they are being developed into unique paths of play how is that not dividing?!?!?