Lightbulb Xsyon Hunting Guide Video

I stream Xsyon about once a week on my channel: www.twitch.tv/rahl2266

And this is a clip that I modified and annotated with hunting tips for newer players who may be confused about combat. I know I'm likely to get flamed for the part near the end where I show how to use rocks to rest while fighting bigger game, but I do say that I don't condone the method or in any believe it should be used on a regular basis or at all if can be avoided, as of right now with the way animals are currently unbalanced sometimes it is needed if you don't have a huge group of people to fight with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD9Ipp0wZKw

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    I stream Xsyon about once a week on my channel: www.twitch.tv/rahl2266

And this is a clip that I modified and annotated with hunting tips for newer players who may be confused about combat. I know I'm likely to get flamed for the part near the end where I show how to use rocks to rest while fighting bigger game, but I do say that I don't condone the method or in any believe it should be used on a regular basis or at all if can be avoided, as of right now with the way animals are currently unbalanced sometimes it is needed if you don't have a huge group of people to fight with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD9Ipp0wZKw
    we all use rocks.

Makes me sad to see how this "tactic" is not considered an exploit and not fixed. But I'm sure much like the water fighting "tactic" it will be hailed as something good with the game.

This tactic has already been noted as an problem and a is currently on the agenda to be fixed as noted in the current discussion on creature improvements here

Watched the video again and it has helped. I was able to take a small to med deer before (no rocks!). Now I just sprint to a fire, lay down, when they catch up sprint to another fire. They will walk or stand every time, it's great. Since watching your video I have got a 1.0 250 coyote a 250 deer and a 350 bear...Found out a 446 bear is a lot different than a 350 . Key- know your limits, start fight low on food so you can eat during the fight, do not run out of sprint.

Good video I do recommend all new players watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabent View Post
    Watched the video again and it has helped. I was able to take a small to med deer before (no rocks!). Now I just sprint to a fire, lay down, when they catch up sprint to another fire. They will walk or stand every time, it's great. Since watching your video I have got a 1.0 250 coyote a 250 deer and a 350 bear...Found out a 446 bear is a lot different than a 350 . Key- know your limits, start fight low on food so you can eat during the fight, do not run out of sprint.

Good video I do recommend all new players watch this.
    I'm glad that you found the video helpful Let me know any other tutorials you would like to see and I might be able to cook one up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Makes me sad to see how this "tactic" is not considered an exploit and not fixed. But I'm sure much like the water fighting "tactic" it will be hailed as something good with the game.

How to fix that if it is an exploit.

Hows this give the environmental mobs the ai where they rest when not in danger and wounded, since it would make sense for them to do that also.