Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    I think some people need to apologize for causing the nice devs to want to appease those who could not understand the original compromise.

All of those that hate this dearly need to just say "I'm sorry jooky. Your original concept was better and we didn't mean to split up the community with our forum pvp antics." Instead of being the same people now as you were before.

You all need to listen to yourselves. Ask yourself what you've been doing from the moment you've come here. In many games "PvE" players do whine, but in this game it seems to have been the other side that does and still is. Take responsibility... the devs have read your disgust. Their solution is met with further disgust. That's wrong. But in the long run I feel the game will stretch out to more people this way.

The WAR server is for those that want to EVOLVE the game to whatever YOU WANTED with MORE PVP FOCUS.
    The PEACE server is for those that wanted to evolve the game with a secondary or tertiary pvp focus.

The game is still in its building stages. You must not take the current community as the final community. You must not GIVE UP as it seems you are. I understand the fear of what this might cause, but I believe that Jooky thinks as more players enter the game, they will choose what style of play best fits their playstyle. It actually makes sense from a development stand point to have servers develop how they want. Sure the war server may be smaller at the beginning, but why not join it and create it into the greatest warfare mmo the genre has yet to see? The peace server seems to be more geared towards fun with a little more fairness.

This is an opportunity for the community...
    ...to FOR ONCE...
    ....BUILD THE GAME THAT YOU WANT... within Xsyon's reason of course.

Delay The product another couple week's, Push the fog back finish off that fogs area, Hyper thread the 2 server, DONE!!! Just Delay the Launch!!!! Id rather wait then have the Community split i want a full Lush living Good vs Evil world, Not a server full of Evil player's and another full of Good.... Just Delay Just Delay!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    This was the dumbest idea anyone could of thought of, the peace server will be no fun because all the PvPers will be gone so it's basically just a trading game, eventually everyone will quit because there's no risk.

The PvP server will be even worse because it'll be full of naked people punching themselves or using starter weapons because no crafter would touch the place.

I can't think of any reason you guys would of done this, Fallen Earth didn't do it, Eve didn't do it, so why are you guys? This is going to end very badly.
    couldnt agree more with this even though i see no point for safe zones after a few months because i feel like after 2-3 months like AlexTalden stated earlier most tribes will be plenty established, a far larger population will go the safer place which is peace. Making two servers with identical rulesets would make more sense in sustaining servers.

The WAR server is for those that want to EVOLVE the game to whatever YOU WANTED with MORE PVP FOCUS.
    The PEACE server is for those that wanted to evolve the game with a secondary or tertiary pvp focus.
    Thank you Orious. This is exactly my goal and I don't understand the commotion.

This is not a good vs evil or PvE vs PvP split. It's an opportunity for those that have been asking for more warfare and conquest to get it. I see this already as an evolution for the crowd that wants more of a war strategy game than I originally planned and designed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Quoted directly from his update:

- Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves. This is not a Chaos or griefer server, but a server for players that want tribal warfare and conquest. This will happen as soon as possible, possibly within a month or two.

My point bolded & underlined.

Now will everyone (not you specifcally shadow) stop throwing whiny little fits of rage and USE YOUR DAMN HEADS LIKE A LOGICAL PERSON. Stop your little temper tantrums and actually READ what the update says, specifically what i just quoted above. As i said before, War server will not be an all out gank fest from day 1. UNTIL the defenses are added i both servers will be IDENTICAL. Safe zones will be in place until AFTER defenses are added.
    I will play on which ever i like. I have learned not to take vague desciptions like that to heart when they come form jooky. It could be when people have enough weapons honestly. I Dont know why people cant just leave it at that. I'll be on peace with the majority of the population, not on War with 4 active tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsman32 View Post
    They try and change the core concept of the game.
    What core concepts?

They have been flushed down the toilet...

"...The plan is to evolve this server to focus more on tribal warfare and conquest as quickly as possible..."

"...This server will evolve more for the crafting and building community..." -Xsyon

Yeah, core concepts for everyone!

Good luck keeping those straight!

Its a theory. I hope it works. However....

I suspect the Peace server will endlessly be targeted by the griefers. After all, it isn't really PvP that they want.

I suspect the War server will collapse quickly due to it being undersubscribed by by crafters.

Only testing the theory will produce the necessary feedback. I hope I'm wrong.

The 2 server idea is a great solution to a growing problem.. as far a server merge down the road... doubtful, the 2 servers will advance differently... so where one will be in the stone age for years the other will be traveling to space. Kinda hard to mix the 2 later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Thank you Orious. This is exactly my goal and I don't understand the commotion.
    Its because people only see what they want to see then immediately jump into temper tantrums based on what they didnt understand.

Ill help you here too. Her eis another quote from the update that people need to pay attention to, especially the last sentence, which i bolded:

- Players that seek a world based on tribal warfare and conflict should choose the War server. That's the direction that server will evolve. Again, it will NOT be a Chaos free for all server. Players that want less danger and future consentual tribal PvP should choose the Peace server. The goal here is one of choices and balance.

Reasons stated for the need of two servers:

"The main reason for this is to handle our current game population and anticipated growth over the next few months."

"This limitation along with the recent addition of homesteads is crowding the starting zone with our current population. This is driving creatures too quickly into the green mist and not allowing enough active wilderness areas for creatures to breed. We have some additional changes to creature AI that will help resolve this issue, but at this point a two server solution is necessary."

Both quotes from here

First; The need for an email poll seems redundant/unnecessary as the decision looks like it was made long before the email was sent.

Second; If this IS the true reason for the split and the war/peace servers are just a way to placate the Hardcore vrs. Carebear crowd, this game needs to be reviewed before release imo.

I love the concept of this game like nothing else and I feel it is the draw that brings many of use here from other games. Splitting the community is a nail in coffin for MMO's...players WILL leave, populations change and servers need to be merged. Merging servers with this game structure is a train wreck at best, impossible at worst. Like others have stated many times prior...You NEED both sides of the spectrum for this type of game to succeed. (read CCP/Eve Online concept)

If there is technical NEED for multi-servers than this game is not ready to be released and a design review is needed imo. If it is to appease players, then it is a bad judgment call (one that is not too late to correct).

These are just my opinions...