Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

"World has too many armchair blogger we need more heroes"

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post
    He didn't fail, but since you're still missing the point, you need to consider context. The features page ISN'T the home page. People have already read all of the 'good versus evil', 'shaping the future' stuff, then read the Features AND THE FAQ (which DOES mention both FFA PVP and Tribal Warfare). Frankly, any 2 of those 3 will guarantee the impression of PvP to -MOST- people (this is how advertising is decided; its effects on MOST people), and considering the current dynamic within game development, any ONE of those three does more than enough to imply it.

To the rest of your post, see my 2 cents part on my previous post. It -really- isn't made clear how under-featured the game is ANYWHERE on the website. THAT is the real travesty, and that is the real reason we should not be paying.
    I'm not arguing about other features being in the game or not.

Its Sirius who insists that the feature page alone should be responsible to show such core contents as PvP and tribal warfare, and I agree with him. All I'm saying is that it doesn't contains it.

The FAQ does mention open PvP. Where does it talk about tribal warfare ?

Sirius, no idea what are you talking about. Tribal warfare has always been planned after Prelude.
    When will we be able to raid other tribes? And what systems are you planning for that?
    Not for a while. This was planned for after the Prelude, which will last at least 6 months. When a raiding system is implemented I will first look at what other games do and what systems have had success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Yes. This is a serious answer.
    Thank you.

Xsyon Citizen
    Jad: you're just dead wrong. QED. Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Jad: you're just dead wrong. QED. Thanks for playing.
    Now thats an argument. Lol.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Now thats an argument. Lol.
    The argument was already made. That's what "QED" means.

Hope this helps.

The argument was already made. That's what "QED" means.

Hope this helps.
    QED stands for 'quod erat demonstrandum', and usually used at the end mathematical demonstrations when the original theory is proved. You proved nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Just want to say thanks for providing me hours of unintentional comedy while I worked today. rofl
    You're welcomed, a little correction though, it was intentional. I'm having great fun myself, too bad I have to go soon lol.

Xsyon Citizen
    Congratulations on your ability to look things up on Wikipedia.

My condolences on your inability to recognize that your argument was soundly defeated approximately 10 pages ago.

Everyone else is just waiting for you to catch up <3

Congratulations on your ability to look things up on Wikipedia.

My condolences on your inability to recognize that your argument was soundly defeated approximately 10 pages ago.

Everyone else is just waiting for you to catch up <3
    My maths prof used to use it at the university. But he did prove his thesis, not only claimed it.
    But anyway, I g2g now for a while, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post

Book, STFU. Nah, jokes, I just can't remember anything of value you've said in order to comment on it... Jokes again Okay, musn't troll. The ethnocentric card was stupid; his point was that the IMPLICATIONS of the features page were as he stated originally, and missing that is either a logical error (harsh) or more likely (and politely) a simple linguistic misunderstanding. As the son of a multi-lingual translator (14 languages, last I checked), this was the FIRST thing I was taught to expect when trying my languages out with mother-tongue speakers. It's not insulting, it's a fact of life. Just like I don't understand German/French/Scandinavian humour and everyone thinks the Turkish are creepy; translations don't often capture sentiments and implications. Hell, even the difference between US and UK english dialects can be insurmountable for native speakers! Simple anthropology/linguistics studies will tell you all you need to know that there was no ethnocentrism here; merely politeness.
    /sigh

I had tried to STFU, as you so eloquently put it, but then you just had to drag me back in... your parents sound fascinating, 14 languages! That's great.
    far as the other stuff, thank you for blessing us with your brilliance. I had tried to simply pm you but doesn't appear in my sent items so I presume it's not working. Are pm's on the features list?