Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Neutral Homesteads should be raid able by any tribes at any time .
    why? if anything the neutral tribes/homesteads should be the safe ones as those didn't pick a side and is there to benefit the other sides good and evil. most neutral tribes are going to be crafter/traders i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Wow, very poor logic. First off, you are placing way to much faith in the gaming community. Do you honestly think that every good tribe or many for that matter are gonna come running across the map to defend every new player or griefed player?

Do you really think that the only reason people get ganked or griefed is because they are an anti-social jerk? How hypocritical of you. Gankers gank, and griefers grief because that is thier personality, not because of someone elses personality.

The way I see it now is: Why even bother to build, if it is just going to be destroyed. Might as well just plant baskets with gear all over the map, and go on a rampage when the safe zones are off. In other words building now is even more futile than the way the griefing crowd puts it. JCatano is the funniest though, saying if you don't build defenses, it's your own fault for being ganked/ griefed. BS. People like him just want the game to be for them, no comprimise.

Why you would want this game to be like darkfall, I don't know. Darkfall is already there. Why not let this game be different. How boring it would be to be the same as another game. I mean really, Darkfall is a game where trade-ganking is seen as a legitimate tactic.
    How long did you play darkfall exactly?

Have you noticed that 90% of ganks result in your pants being removed only?

Perhaps the darkfall crowd has been labeld something it isnt..

In darkfall its all we had, this game offers more, and gives good reason to wreck and destroy. Yes im positive at least one or two tribes are going to RP evil...thats a route the game offers, and if you dont want to deal with it, better hope they dont allow safe zones come tribal warfare, otherwise you wont be able to remove that tribe from your area.

If you dont even want to bother building because of tribal warfare and full loot pvp...why the hell are you in a game with tribal warfare and full loot pvp..... that sounds like one epic logic fail to me.

I think it would be boring as hell to build a tribe, and never have a reason to do it again.

Again, people are taking exaggerated tales from darkfall and applying them to this game. Trade ganking was never legitimate, and those people had to hide and watch their back more than anyone, as they were targets by EVERYONE.

Look man if you wanted mincrafter, i have good news...they have a game called minecrafter.

full loot pvp doesn't even work ingame anyways, you get attack just run, jump in water and die there you can't currently be looted unless they have taken care of that recently in the last 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    How long did you play darkfall exactly?

Have you noticed that 90% of ganks result in your pants being removed only?

Perhaps the darkfall crowd has been labeld something it isnt..

In darkfall its all we had, this game offer more, and give good reason to wreck and destroy. Yes im positive at least one or two tribes are going to RP evil...thats a route the game offers, and if you dont want to deal with it, better hope they dont allow safe zones come tribal warfare.

If you dont even want to bother building because of tribal warfare and full loot pvp...why the hell are you in a game with tribal warfare and full loot pvp..... that sounds like one epic logic fail to me.

I think it would be boring as hell to build a tribe, and never have a reason to do it again.
    I played darkfall for 2 years and am still playing. I find the world and the combat engine amazingly better than anything else I have ever played. I play for that as well as the demands for real grouping both in pve combat and crafting.

I also joined darkfall because I like the idea of clan vs clan 'meta' warfare (RTS in an RPG basically).

Despite what many pvp players think most of us are not going to give up all features we enjoy simply because someone can gank us and take our cloth armor, we have much thicker skin then that.

and yes, if there was a game like darkfall or xsyon out in the market place that has no pvp or pvp light I would abosolutly play but there isnt, so I deal with people killing me every once and awhile for my 1 thick plate metal while they think they are actually affecting my mood which as it turns out they have zero affect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    why? if anything the neutral tribes/homesteads should be the safe ones as those didn't pick a side and is there to benefit the other sides good and evil. most neutral tribes are going to be crafter/traders i'm sure.
    First not as reply,for random readers read my original 5min idea post a bit up..or you get confused

@MrKrueak incentive , thats all. players are not going to form up if they are in save zones all the time, there wont be politics if everyone and everyting is FFA ( well some minimal maybe) besites that, neutral tribes and homesteads as is will loose save zones anyway , might aswell pick one of the random tribes in the area and declare loyalty.

as its currently and only by known information there is no incentive to build up , no real reason for pvp but lulz. im sure the dev will add features for it but we all on the forum are just dreaming or screaming or whining or wahtever it is we do untill we know more.. its our nature

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    full loot pvp doesn't even work ingame anyways, you get attack just run, jump in water and die there you can't currently be looted unless they have taken care of that recently in the last 2 days.
    Im waiting for the glorious day where the pve crowd learns to not carry things they dont immediatly need on them. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns there is no need to go out in full armor, if your not a combat character anyway. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns to just fight back when attacked....you will be plesantly surprised at how easy it is to turn a gank into a good feeling of success as you defend yourself and the area your in.

Im waiting for the day the pve crowd grows a pair, learns how to play, and actually starts to enjoy playing in such a risky setting.

It will happen, resource hunters will one day shed their "deer in headlights" attitude when confronted with a ganker, and realize that even if you loose, your only losing a few items that you can craft gain anyway...all the more reason to pve more right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    First not as reply,for random readers read my original 5min idea post a bit up..or you get confused

@MrKrueak incentive , thats all. players are not going to form up if they are in save zones all the time, there wont be politics if everyone and everyting is FFA ( well some minimal maybe) besites that, neutral tribes and homesteads as is will loose save zones anyway , might aswell pick one of the random tribes in the area and declare loyalty.

as its currently and only by known information there is no incentive to build up , no real reason for pvp but lulz. im sure the dev will add features for it but we all on the forum are just dreaming or screaming or whining or wahtever it is we do untill we know more.. its our nature
    Definition of Politics in a FFA full loot pvp game:

Hi, neighbor, I have 20 people skilled and geared for pvp, and you have 20 people skilled and geared for pvp, and our other neighbor there by the nice big pile of junk has 10 crafters. How about you and us team up and slaughter those noobs, then take all their stuff and dance in the rain of their carebear tears?

Okay, sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I played darkfall for 2 years and am still playing. I find the world and the combat engine amazingly better than anything else I have ever played. I play for that as well as the demands for real grouping both in pve combat and crafting.

I also joined darkfall because I like the idea of clan vs clan 'meta' warfare (RTS in an RPG basically).

Despite what many pvp players think most of us are not going to give up all features we enjoy simply because someone can gank us and take our cloth armor, we have much thicker skin then that.

and yes, if there was a game like darkfall or xsyon out in the market place that has no pvp or pvp light I would abosolutly play but there isnt, so I deal with people killing me every once and awhile for my 1 thick plate metal while they think they are actually affecting my mood which as it turns out they have zero affect on me.

*slow clap*

I would expect a fellow DF player to get it.

We just need to turn these pve players who are living in fear because they have yet to adapt and get over the learning curve bump.

Im waiting for the glorious day where the pve crowd learns to not carry things they dont immediatly need on them. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns there is no need to go out in full armor, if your not a combat character anyway. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns to just fight back when attacked....you will be plesantly surprised at how easy it is to turn a gank into a good feeling of success as you defend yourself and the area your in.

Im waiting for the day the pve crowd grows a pair, learns how to play, and actually starts to enjoy playing in such a risky setting.

It will happen, resource hunters will one day shed their "deer in headlights" attitude when confronted with a ganker, and realize that even if you loose, your only losing a few items that you can craft gain anyway...all the more reason to pve more right?
    In this game if you are a crafter and have crafter stats it really doesnt make any sense to fight back. In fact if you want to 'fight' not fighting at all and taking your losses as they come is the best counter-attack anyway.

In darkfall I would go out and do my pve fun and if I got killed ok whatever would be my take on the subject but in that game you actually lost something of value. In this game there really isnt any pve combat runs to make in the first place so your right, it doesnt make sense to go out geared unless you are looking for pvp anyway.

I know some fairly hardcore pvp players and to be honest they would not waste their time running around killing afk fishers for 2 fish anyway.

*slow clap*

I would expect a fellow DF player to get it.

We just need to turn these pve players who are living in fear because they have yet to adapt and get over the learning curve bump.
    Calling BS. It's not 'deep politics' or 'cunning strategy' requiring a learning curve to team up with a bunch of other pvpers and sweep through the game world, leaving a path of death and destruction in your wake. It's ridiculously easy to do, and only another, equally geared, equal sized zerg going the opposite direction will slow you down or stop you. Which leads to everyone joining some huge tribe or coalition of tribes and playing the exact same way as everyone else, every day. It's incredibly boring and pointless.