290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

52 17.93%
  • No!

225 77.59%
  • Undecided!

13 4.48%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    You need a skill cap for combat. Or else in the end everyone runs around fighting the exact same way, hence the "seamless quake arena" you guys refer Darkfall too.

Here is my feelings on macro's when it goes live.... ok a afk macro will ruin the game but a person who macro's will there say does a fishing macro but can answer any questions when a guide or gm stops by is fine, but now remember there is certain skills that will give you carpo tunnel (which i don't want again already had the surgery on both hands) and kill keyboard.. but hopefully they do something to these skills

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    'you were just fishing here recently'.
    That's a step in the right direction. Good idea.

I think they need to combine mechanics that make macroing difficult/unattractive with active policing (based on metrics analysis).

People that say "stopping automation is futile so let's design the game around the assumption that everyone will do it," are throwing out the baby with the bathwater. I hope the game isn't made into an unfun timesink with no or very little user interaction (besides pvp) just because some people have no limitations on what they will do to have an advantage. Those people are missing the point of the game by trying to win it.

I think a lot of the battle is already won by the basic design of character progression. We don't get a lot more powerful compared to other games. I think the idea is that progression opens up possibilities and specialization not raw power according to the feature list:
    "Unlike many game worlds where a character develops from a weakling to a god, Xsyon characters start off as heroes, above average in stats but inexperienced, unskilled and lacking knowledge."

Depending on exactly how the stat/skill decreases work this design decision could make macroing much less fruitful than in other games. If decay of infrequently used skills/attributes is relative to overall skill/attribute gain then macroing will be more like an automated form of "respeccing" than a shortcut to omnipotence. I still think it should be punishable because it would give some advantage (flexibility at the least), but that advantage may not be as game-breaking as our worst fears might predict.

I am hopeful that NG is making fairness a priority and that people who do cheat will face harsh penalties (regardless of how useful/useless cheating is).

Quote Originally Posted by Senusret View Post
    If there is a zero tolerance policy on macros then I am sure it will cut down on the macroing. Just a simple rule anyone caught using macros will have their character deleted.
    How exactly do you PROVE that someone is macroing? Because they didn't answer your tell and kept working? There's nothing you can do except take the high ground and refuse to partake in macroing. We could do more if it weren't for these silly safe zones.

No macros allowed, this ruined Darkfall for me. Instant ban for users of macros I'd say, then you'd think twice of using one.

you'd think twice if i reported you for macroing and you were banned without proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    No macros allowed, this ruined Darkfall for me. Instant ban for users of macros I'd say, then you'd think twice of using one.
    That is the policy in DF aswell, do you see them thinking twice?

Yeah, iraclear has a point there. That's why I think having macros as a bannable offense is completely retarded, because there is no way to enforce it. It's like having a life sentence for a person who commits murder and having no jail. Is there a point? No.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    You need a skill cap for combat. Or else in the end everyone runs around fighting the exact same way, hence the "seamless quake arena" you guys refer Darkfall too.
    I completely agree with this. A skill cap would be great. I think the soft cap they have in mind will get the job done too though.

Xsyon Citizen
    let the lazy macro'ers hang!