Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    Two seperate forums would also be very cool. Perhaps even two different game names
    ROFL, LOL, hehehehe +1

I am going to take a wild guess (a poll would be nice for this guess) my wild guess is the only people who want to play with the peaceful players are the pvp players and not the other way around.

I would venture to say that almost every single post from those who do not like this idea all have a hard on for pvp.

am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I just want us all to be together. Lemme give you a colorful analogy...

Imagine Xsyon is a rock band. Crafters are the drums that keep the songs moving in time, providing the backbone. Good pvpers are the bass that grooves with the drums to serve as a counterpoint to the screaming wails of the lead guitar. And the evil pvpers are that same guitar that adds improvisation & flair to the otherwise predictable rhythm section. The community as a whole is the singer, tying it all together & providing the lyrics & melody that make up the story of each song. Each of these instruments, on its own, is capable of making fantastic sounds. However, they don't offer much in the way of dynamics....and alas, sounds are not always music. When all played together, they make beautiful music.

Those of use who oppose having two servers with different rule sets just want to keep the band together. There is a legitimate concern that the Ringo's of the world will take their drums to the peace server, while George is strumming his guitar over on War. Paul is sort of caught in between, but will probably end up mostly hanging out with George. And John...poor John...John has just had a psychotic break & is being treated for multiple personality disorder. Some days he chills with Ringo & other days he's best buds with George. However, ultimately he leaves the band & shacks up with Yoko (aka - "the next game").

Xsyon....Jordi....please don't break up the band.
    I think most of the member's of that band got shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    I think most of the member's of that band got shot.
    LOL, nah just John. Ringo & Paul are still alive, while George succumbed to cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I am going to take a wild guess (a poll would be nice for this guess) my wild guess is the only people who want to play with the peaceful players are the pvp players and not the other way around.

I would venture to say that almost every single post from those who do not like this idea all have a hard on for pvp.

am I wrong?
    You are wrong when it comes to me. I lie in the middle on this issue. I wanted the single server solution that combined all of us on one server to make it more rich and exciting community, good, bad and everything in between. I made a long post today, put this on the end of it, and I meant it:

"I truly look forward to being a part of this with all of you, even the bad guys, who will make life worth living by trying to take it away.'

I joined a non-PvP focused Tribe, for what it's worth.

I like the server split. I'm going to be a warrior/crafter on the war server. If all carebears and griefers go to the peace server, than i'll be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post

"I truly look forward to being a part of this with all of you, even the bad guys, who will make life worth living by trying to take it away.'
    Agreed, the only things worth protecting are the things that can be taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I just want us all to be together. Lemme give you a colorful analogy...

Imagine Xsyon is a rock band. Crafters are the drums that keep the songs moving in time, providing the backbone. Good pvpers are the bass that grooves with the drums to serve as a counterpoint to the screaming wails of the lead guitar. And the evil pvpers are that same guitar that adds improvisation & flair to the otherwise predictable rhythm section. The community as a whole is the singer, tying it all together & providing the lyrics & melody that make up the story of each song. Each of these instruments, on its own, is capable of making fantastic sounds. However, they don't offer much in the way of dynamics....and alas, sounds are not always music. When all played together, they make beautiful music.

Those of use who oppose having two servers with different rule sets just want to keep the band together. There is a legitimate concern that the Ringo's of the world will take their drums to the peace server, while George is strumming his guitar over on War. Paul is sort of caught in between, but will probably end up mostly hanging out with George. And John...poor John...John has just had a psychotic break & is being treated for multiple personality disorder. Some days he chills with Ringo & other days he's best buds with George. However, ultimately he leaves the band & shacks up with Yoko (aka - "the next game").

Xsyon....Jordi....please don't break up the band.
    I get those concerns, but i think everyone is blowing them way out of proportion and only considerng the most extreme of cases.

Ye sthere are those who are ONLY about crafting/building and hate PvP, and there are those who are ONLY about PvP and hate spending their time crafting/building. But both of those are only a small % of the population. The reality is we all might have things that we prefer over others, but we also enjoy doing a little bit of other things to. Some of us prefer pvp, but also enjoy passing some time crafting & building things for ourselves & our tribe. Some of us prefer the crafting & building aspect, but also like to get into some PvP too. Some of us lean more 1 way than the other and some are right in the middle. Also, some of us prefer playing our games in relative safety without being impacted much by other players or having our stuff taken, while others prefer that added risk and excitement. My brother and i are both, and always have been very big PvPers.... but every game weve gone to has been lacking some things. The main reason we joined Xsyon though wasnt for its promises of amazing PvP, but for the ability to terraform, a deep crafting sysem, and the ability to impact our world. We will still be dedicated to PvP, but we LOVE those other things as well.

The problem with the single server was that it would have needed to be designed to suit all of the various range sof players at once and make everyone happy. The good thing about the 2 servers is that now those who lean a little bit mor eon the PvP side can have it their way, and those who lean the other way have theirs, without either side having to force their ideas or way of doing things on the other. Those who fall right in the middle, either server will work well for them and they will be the ones to help fill in the populations on both servers.

The 2 servers will also allow us to have extremely different alts. You can make 1 toon who is all about combat and go have fun on the War server when youre in the mood, and then have another toon that is built for just crafting and/or building and go do your thing with that character in a more peaceful setting without having to worry about someone destroying all your work. Or even the opposite, and a combat toon for the Peace server for some consentual pvp, and then a crafter/builder to be the guy supplying everything your tribe needs to kick some ass on the War server. Those crafters on the War server are going to be very valuable assets and in very hig demand.

One thing people keep overlooking to is this:
    Now we have not just 1 but 2 worlds to change! We can all play a part in creating to polar opposite worlds if we want. That sound sgreat to me. I can login 1 day and go try to explore & uncover more advanced technology and try to turn us towards a high tech militaristic society.... then another day go on the other server and try to create a world that is in touch with nature & magic and all that good stuff.

For me, the main issue is not splitting the community, I do really believe that there will eventually be enough people to completely fill 1, 2 and even 10 servers.

I really - REALLY hope there WILL be a server where I don't need to ask if I can attack the person/city and not be able to do it ONLY if the person/clan agrees or chooses to.

If that's not the case - time to move on, and hope for the next game where you are rewarded for PK in all ways, not penalized. There's only one such game in history though.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    You are wrong when it comes to me. I lie in the middle on this issue. I wanted the single server solution that combined all of us on one server to make it more rich and exciting community, good, bad and everything in between. I made a long post today, put this on the end of it, and I meant it:

I joined a non-PvP focused Tribe, for what it's worth.
    ok fair enough.

Speaking for myself however I dont want to have anything to do with pvp players for this game. I get all I want and then some on Darkfall, besides I started playing some FPS games again and THAT is where pvp action is