Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    whats stopping you from trading safely? you refuse to use the same mechanic as they are by trading in a tribal area?
    The fact that my tribal area doesn't move with my resource pile I'm selling. It just needs to be tweeked tomake sure that the system is FAIR to everyone. Jut because you do not enjoy PVP does not mean that you should have any advantage over someone who does or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Are you aware of comfort feature, are you aware that items has to be transported you can't (fast)trade between tribes and you can be looted while transporting.

Are you ALL aware that WAR system isn't in game yet and open PvP is supposed to be a minor feature. Go and read some of the old posts if you're bored and stop QQ'ing.

Jooky won't change his vision becouse of your whining.
    im sure he will when he realizes that the pve crowd cannot support the game alone, and knows he can tap into a huge pvp corwd waiting for a game like this...

I'm a crafter / builder guy. always have to leave my homestead, you pk'ers find and kill me every day, for nothing. Quit yer bitchen. Hit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I'm a crafter / builder guy. always have to leave my homestead, you pk'ers find and kill me every day, for nothing. Quit yer bitchen. Hit yourself.
    welcome to the thread.

i support your comments, and the reason you are the target is because the game system favors crafters and pve types, leading to a lack of combat character in which to enjoy fighting against. this is the reason for my OP, however the thread is now in the gutter as expected.

once they stop nerfing the combat side of the game, and making pvp not viable,we wont need to go after anyone we see... the only people we have to kill is you, for no reason. this needs to change, and making combat and pvp viable will increase the need to combat character to protect people like you, giving griefers free reign is what the problem is, we have nothing else to do or any other means to progress at the moment,.

read my OP this isnt a troll post or a QQ thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    The key word is "trade without risk" Why should they be able to trade in complete safety when others can't.
    There is always a risk while trading. Non-tribe members can always attack other non-tribe members in an area that is not their tribe. Regardless of safe zones in this case, the trader will probably be protected once they reach the tribe or if they have guards protecting them. A trader must walk through hostile territory. A trader bringing goods is the best and most important find for a ganker.

The only instance where there is very little risk is purely crafting within a safe zone. I say little risk because while you can't die and lose your gear, you still can lose your crafting resources while crafting. A trader can lose everything from resources needed to trade to the gear they carry for protection. A combat character loses their combat gear. There is never a "without risk" situation. There are just some situations that have different levels of risk.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    im sure he will when he realizes that the pve crowd cannot support the game alone, and knows he can tap into a huge pvp corwd waiting for a game like this...
    The "pvp crowd" you are referring to will not play a game like this. But if Jooky TOTALLY CHANGES his game design, they might... that's a lot of ifs and maybe's...

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Currently in game there is little to no risk in being a pve focused crafter.

A crafing character can set his totem near reources, harvest in saftey, and once they are all depleted, abandon the totem, log off during the cooldown and place a new one near new resources.

A crafter doesnt need to leave the safezone to skill up and progress, in fact most stay at home near the saftey of their premission locked baskets to do so.

You cant even terraform without remaining inside your magical safe zone.

A combat character on the otherhand, needs to do all of his skill leveling far from any safe zone, animals are so hard to come by that other players are the better route. However if a death penalty that removes stats and skills is implimented, it puts all of the risk of the game on the combat characters.

Currently the largest tribe is full of crafters...how many crafters does one tribe need? Does a tribe of 10 or 20 need to have 15 crafters? Is this realistic in a dangerous and new world ravaged by an apocalypse? Civilizations of past relied on a few "crafters" in which to support the many "combat" people of their armies, defense of the tribe was the number one important factor of their survival, not who can weave the most baskets.

My hope is that this turns into a civilized and respectfull discussion about the purpose of a crafter heavy game, removing the no risk gameplay invloved with crafting, and why all of the risk must be plased on a player who chooses to defend said crafters, having to progress outside the safe zone and without any other means to progress other than hunting people.
    since its now buried, this is what im talking about...balance

I gave you my response, lock time to move totems and drop/join/drop a tribe to a week..your logic to remove safezones because of this has no bearing on the terraforming of the land around them by "sub-tribes" they could and will still do the tactics your complaining about, a lack of safezones would not stop that.

and not once have I insulted or assumed your level, or lack of MMO experience, gaming experience, or level of intellect as your now doing to me..and I refuse to stoop to that level to continue this.

Im off, im not even arguing anymore..now your resorting to tatics of discrediting and insulting by using lines such as "this might be your first mmorpg, but its not my first,". then continuing after trying to debase my experince by proudly stating your own.. unbased insults meant to infer that any reply I may make is based on a small or non-existent experience of MMO gametime and it's vastly inferior to yours, and all responses should be treated as such by all ...

So lets just agree to disagree, since this went from a debate, to what now seems an alpha male, peacock feather strutting contest that i want no part in.

so strut your feathers proudly my friend, your shit flinging has ran me out of the cage with you, its your own private shit covered cage now...enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    The "pvp crowd" you are referring to will not play a game like this. But if Jooky TOTALLY CHANGES his game design, they might... that's a lot of ifs and maybe's...
    part of the reason games like DF were not a smashing success (although it was and currently is successful) is because these types of games offerd combat combat combat. THis game already has a foundation for pve, a lot of foundation. However its not in balance, and is clouded by talks of forcing the community into a good pve path.this does not bode well for a sandbox. I dont want this game to be DF 2.0, as they would have to remove a ton of content. Im not asking for a total game design change, just to stop prodding the community into taking a specific path, stop protecting people who dont want to participate in pvp and allow the community to decide what is acceptable and what isnt, like a true sandbox should be. Its all this talk about optional pvp and penalizing characters who choose one faction over another thats bothering a lot of us, and preventing us from pulling many more players into the game.

might as well just stop posting here, there are some that will never understand until they have it their way, hope those minority will not be listened to but if i go by past experiences it will happen and the game will be hurt by it in the long run, again no one has properly answered the question what legitimate sandbox mmo with no protection what so ever has not failed or is failing?

beating a dead horse here, so thread is over for me.