Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by overhated696 View Post
    Its necessary at all, bonecrafters need from it, and im sure some other professions will.
    currently only bonecrafters but im sure cooking will combine hunting fishing and foraging hopefully. Would be good to make it useful to leather workers too imo and make leather less easy to come by from scrap piles

Edit: i just remenbered a couple of tailor recipies that require animal heads too unless im mistaken

Just remember, there are only so many scrap piles... At some point the only way to get leather will be the old fashioned way, get out there, kill something and skin it. With that said hunting will probably be an art of patience and some searching at times, how do you think people hunt now a days to catch animals unaware?

I am extremely skeptical as to the sustainability of animal populations. Given that most players (who I assume will be in far greater numbers at launch) are unlikely to adopt any form of restraint in hunting (why would they anyway, seeing as they're only likely to feed competing hunters); the precarious spawning of animals through realistic mating patterns has me worried.

Bonecrafting is a resource heavy skill and very much impeded at this point by the difficulty of acquiring materials (carrying capacity,distance from camp and world hazards). Now, I can accept bone items being a rarity, but not one brought upon by the extinction of the animal population. I would hope that the Dev team has plans to keep us hunters busy, and not risk the nullification of hunting related occupations.

I understand that we are currently in a beta phase, and that many features are not present in game, but I am a little worried regardless. Our core hunting group has been covering vast ground to no avail these past few days. I truly do not want this to reflect what we have in store for the future.

If there is already discussion and clarification of this topic, I'd appreciate being linked to it.

I'm quite new to Xsyon but i've met several animals every time i go for a mountain trek. Several is like too much bears to stay alive more than 30 minutes if i'm not paying attention. Enough coyote to hunt easily every time bones are needed. Just don't stay close to the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchey View Post
    I'm quite new to Xsyon but i've met several animals every time i go for a mountain trek. Several is like too much bears to stay alive more than 30 minutes if i'm not paying attention. Enough coyote to hunt easily every time bones are needed. Just don't stay close to the lake.
    You haven't been anywhere north of the lake's equator in the past 24 hours then. Myself and many others can attest to having trekked from mist to mist without having encountered a single coyote. We wouldn't even dream of spotting a deer as of late.

Something like 16hours ago we were wandering north to the lake, between 1020 and 976 if i remember. Many bears around here, and some coyotes. We were not looking for them, they just were here, and some attack us.

I'll take your word for it Tchey. There may have been some respawn by some guides after all.

x2

need more animal spawns. bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    You haven't been anywhere north of the lake's equator in the past 24 hours then. Myself and many others can attest to having trekked from mist to mist without having encountered a single coyote. We wouldn't even dream of spotting a deer as of late.
    I killed 2 deers 2 large black bears and a coyote right near your camp setup last night, oh I also pilfered some tools out of one of your std packs where you were fishing etc.. :O

you actually have a bear cave quite close to you

intresting read on some of these posts. It appears that wildlife population is different in different areas most likely for reasons we all can imagine.
    With that said, I came accross animals fairly regularly when I was exploring. I will keep those locations to myself and my tribe mates though