Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I headed over the mountain to check your land out Ifireallymust, and there was a pole there still. Everything looks good. Funny thing though, It said Reaver on it. Just kidding, i hope you will be resurrected directly. Good luck!
    Ha ha damn, does that mean I now have myself on ignore?

Did you send in a copy of your crash log, there may be something in there that might indicate what happened to your character.

Sucks having to start again though!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    If you read the second post I made, you might have seen that i said I would have probably done the same. Was just pointing out that he should post in the bugs section if he had not already.
    Yes, I saw your second post. That needn't stop me from pointing out that your first post, which looked like a flame and not a helpful post ("No need to announce it to the world like you are special or anything, you get enough attention as it is"), was pointless and unhelpful. However, if you'd like to discuss this at length, by all means, let's begin.

Don't know if its related but between the crash and the shutdown I logged in to find a toon named Bordin or something standing there in my character screen. I restarted and got my character back. Your toon might also have been shifted to another account, hopefully he'll be back after the break.

Quote Originally Posted by sloffe View Post
    Don't know if its related but between the crash and the shutdown I logged in to find a toon named Bordin or something standing there in my character screen. I restarted and got my character back. Your toon might also have been shifted to another account, hopefully he'll be back after the break.
    I restarted several times, but no character has returned. Some baffled player who ended up with my character on their screen could have deleted her hoping to have theirs back, I suppose.

Yeah my first impulse was to delete, then I thought "what the hell" and tried to enter the game as Bordin just to see if I could but the enter button wasn't active. So I relogged and got my character back but it took about 30min to login and I only had 3 min before the server shutdown. Good luck anyway.

She's still gone, so this really sucks. I don't know if I should make a new character and at least try to go plant a totem so I can protect my baskets, or if I should just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    She's still gone, so this really sucks. I don't know if I should make a new character and at least try to go plant a totem so I can protect my baskets, or if I should just wait.
    The devs should recover your character from the backup files, or if they are not able to they should give you the stats/skills/recipes you had before, teleport you to your totem and help to get it back.This is the minimum in case of character loss which should never happen in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The devs should recover your character from the backup files, or if they are not able to they should give you the stats/skills/recipes you had before, teleport you to your totem and help to get it back.This is the minimum in case of character loss which should never happen in a game.
    Good to know, thanks! I'm not in a panic quite yet, and I already got an email and a pm about it from staff, too. So they're quick. My biggest worry over having to start over would be that the thought of skilling up scavenging to a useful level a second time does not appeal!

I'm sure there's some people around that can help you macro that