Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    Here's what I want as a short term fix to the issues:

1 - edit the features list so it matches what is currently in-game and working.

2 - no sub fees until most (80%) of the features promised for release are in-game and working.
    I want them to buy me a beer and I still play da game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    But we all KNEW (or should have) that all the features weren't in yet.
    Over a year ago, it was said by Jordi that everything on the feature list was finished or at least 80% complete. He also stated (along with Virtus - yes, I know... not a dev) that every feature on that list would be implemented and ready to go at launch.

That isn't the case, so my $15 bucks a month isn't going to them. Charity is great, unless it's for a computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    EvE $10.95/month ($131.40 / year)
    WoW $13.99/month ($41.97 / 3 months)
    EQ2X $18.60/month ($224 / year)
    Perpetuum $5.99 / month ($71.95 / year)
    Age of Conan $8.25 / month ($98.93 / year)
    LOTRO $? / month ($199 Lifetime)
    DCUO $? / month ($214 Lifetime)
    D&D Online $? / month (have brought most of the adventure packs and options - Unknown spent, maybe $200?)
    Pirates of the Burning Sea (Recently switched back to F2P but did have a monthly account up till Xsyon came out)
    World of Tanks $0

Now granted I'm PROBABLY an extreame player comparred to some, but I'll bet I'm not the only one that plays serveral games these days. And comparred to some other games on that list Xsyon has alot less content and features. (P.S. I probably should cancel that EQ2X account, SOE are such greedy bastards.)
    Jesus man, I don't think there's any "probably" or "Compared to some" about it. I think you're a very extreme player compared to many. Now I don't feel near as bad for all the time I spend in front of my comp. I mean, do you EVER leave your computer? Have your friends and family tried to stage an intervention yet? If you ever feel like giving those games up but still want to spend the 550+ per year feel free to pay two months of my car payment, that'd be awesome.

And seriously, don't support ddo. =( I love turbine for AC1 but ddo is about as non-D&D as you could possible get.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Over a year ago, it was said by Jordi that everything on the feature list was finished or at least 80% complete. He also stated (along with Virtus - yes, I know... not a dev) that every feature on that list would be implemented and ready to go at launch.
    There were a number of features deployed in beta, now yanked. At launch, there was unbearable lag, and there are still frequent server crashes. Most anyone with a thimble of systems programming XP reads this as code that doesn't scale to massive numbers, and likely memory leaks or memory panics only revealed under load. If Jordi said they were 80% done, I'd have to respond that the last 5% takes 95% of the work.

When I was a young engineer 30 years ago, systems programmers were the hotshots of the industry. Now, game engine programmers hold that place. Right out of school, a promising game engine CS grad with a portfolio and a solid internship/co-op can call a six-figure salary to start, and even in this economy there aren't enough for demand.

So it doesn't surprise me that it happened, just maybe it shouldn't have surprised Jordi and them, either? Assuming this is the issue, since we have little technical info.

Shava/Ani

Quote Originally Posted by shava View Post
    There were a number of features deployed in beta, now yanked. At launch, there was unbearable lag, and there are still frequent server crashes. Most anyone with a thimble of systems programming XP reads this as code that doesn't scale to massive numbers, and likely memory leaks or memory panics only revealed under load. If Jordi said they were 80% done, I'd have to respond that the last 5% takes 95% of the work.

When I was a young engineer 30 years ago, systems programmers were the hotshots of the industry. Now, game engine programmers hold that place. Right out of school, a promising game engine CS grad with a portfolio and a solid internship/co-op can call a six-figure salary to start, and even in this economy there aren't enough for demand.

So it doesn't surprise me that it happened, just maybe it shouldn't have surprised Jordi and them, either? Assuming this is the issue, since we have little technical info.

Shava/Ani

I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Key points.
    Features were promised, yet not in the game.
    Features were said to be in game or 80% done, still not in game.

No idea what you are talking about, no one cares about your resume.

Ok here is my CURRENT ACTIVE mmorpg bill (over the years I've paid and brought alot others).

EvE $10.95/month ($131.40 / year)
    WoW $13.99/month ($41.97 / 3 months)
    EQ2X $18.60/month ($224 / year)
    Perpetuum $5.99 / month ($71.95 / year)
    Age of Conan $8.25 / month ($98.93 / year)
    LOTRO $? / month ($199 Lifetime)
    DCUO $? / month ($214 Lifetime)
    D&D Online $? / month (have brought most of the adventure packs and options - Unknown spent, maybe $200?)
    Pirates of the Burning Sea (Recently switched back to F2P but did have a monthly account up till Xsyon came out)
    World of Tanks $0
    THanks.

I'm going to show that to my wife, so she understand that i really don't have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by shava View Post

Shava/Ani
    Nothing was yanked. Barely anything was in to begin with.

<----- Been ingame since the beginning. If you haven't, this game has "launched" 3 (?) times.

BTW did I point out I have 2 Xsyon accounts. They aren't on the list though since I haven't set either of them to renew. Now given the somebody like me isn't renewing who clearly probably spends just a little too much time in these types of games, what are the chances that more normal players aren't going to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    And seriously, don't support ddo. =( I love turbine for AC1 but ddo is about as non-D&D as you could possible get.
    I actually find it a pretty fun game and I'm an ex-PnP player, yes it's not strickly D&D and Eberron is a crap setting (would have preferred Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance, hell even Dark Sun would have been better)

Used to love Asherons Call, was on Thistledown most of the time with a little bit of Darkside. AC2 however was really dissapointing.