Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    By the way, little off topic.

Why did SB fail?
    I know they failed to keep alot of starting players, AC darktide subs were leaving en masse for SB because it was supposed to be the next big PK thing... few months later most we're comming back complaining about this or that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    If you didn't drop starter equipment then that wouldn't be a problem. or the timed newb safe thing someone brought up.
    They'd still do it just to inconvenience you.

@Mims44
    Tons of bugs that never got fixed, lag and server crashes in large battles, zerg guilds taking over entire servers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    By the way, little off topic.

Why did SB fail?
    I know they failed to keep alot of starting players, AC darktide subs were leaving en masse for SB because it was supposed to be the next big PK thing... few months later most we're comming back complaining about this or that lol.

In my opinion, these kinds of games usually "fail" because the deathmatch player PKers chase all of the actual mmo players out, and then there's no population and nothing left to do but kill the same 2 people over and over.. Zzz. Why game devs don't "get" this and keep making those kinds of games, just to go broke and have to shutdown.. yea. Crazy.

But that's just my opinion.. who knows if that's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    They'd still do it just to inconvenience you.
    Exactly.. refer to my point about psychological and very anti-social issues. The justification of "it's just a game!" is irrelevant, these people are out to hurt others, period. Shrink time!

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    In my opinion, these kinds of games usually "fail" because the deathmatch player PKers chase all of the actual mmo players out, and then there's no population and nothing left to do but kill the same 2 people over and over.. Zzz. Why game devs don't "get" this and keep making those kinds of games, just to go broke and have to shutdown.. yea. Crazy.

But that's just my opinion.. who knows if that's reality.

Exactly.. refer to my point about psychological and very anti-social issues. The justification of "it's just a game!" is irrelevant, these people are out to hurt others, period. Shrink time!

I'd have to disagree, AC was a very harsh enviroment thats been going for over 10 years now, and even though subs aren't where they were for the first 5 years there is still decent traffic. It's a matter of game companies so focused on PK that they forget all the other important things that make an MMO.

Recent games may have made people lose hope, but a great PvP/PvE combo can be done.... hopefully it's this one.

Another whining PVP-centric post. Give it up. This is not going to happen like it did in DFO and MO. Niche games with few players - they are useless games - Log on for meaningless PVP - get bored from the grind - Log off. No depth. No fun except for the very small PVP crowd that still plays them. Xsyon is not that game and no matter how posts you make it is not going to happen. Wishful thinking on your part.

Mystais,

For what it's worth, I also profoundly hope your vision of PvP is realized.

I'm not a PvP-er. I'm not good at it and I get little entertainment out of it. (And no, I'm not ashamed of my inability to kill pixels in a video game. There was a time in my life when I was fairly proficient at real world 'PvP' so I have nothing to prove to anyone now.) But an MMO without the kind of competition and 'obstacles' to what I do enjoy doing would lessen that enjoyment for me. I want the weapons I craft to have a real purpose. I want the walls I build to actually protect my friends and to force my enemies to think and cooperate and strategize. I want the things I contribute to be genuine obstacles to my enemies.

If that's what PvP in Xsyon can be, then by all means... 'Bring it!'

Oh look another useless FFA PvPer post

This notion that pve and pvp cannot coexist is why games fail, take off the blinders please.

SB didnt fail, it had a long life and was pretty popular. DF didnt fail (mabey the EU server is) AV would never have been able to afford a new HQ and an animation studio if it had. Failed mmorpgs lead to bankrupt companies, successful mmorpgs might get shut down when the become less than profitable, but as long as a good amount of money had been made, it was a success.

MO is failing, however its in the same state as this game is currently, and is very simialir, so id be careful about such labels.

The pvp crowd in some of these games might chase away the pve crowd, simply because the pve crowd doesnt want to play the game..they are not Real players and pvp players are fake, its just that the pve crowd wants arena consentual pvp in a game that isnt about consentual pvp. Just like this game.

Perhaps it was a huge mistake for NG to try open full loot pvp given how the game is so full of pve players so terrified of what COULD happen, and horrifed at the loss of easily replacable pixes. Makes me laugh.

x2 SB did not fail. Like ff said it had a very long lift.

They could of extended the live cycle by wiping the servers more often however. Once these online worlds get built, and winners are unofficially declared, that's when you should wipe the servers. If not, it just gets stagnant and people get bored and less motivated to play. That's just the kind of game it was.

Well hopefully a mix is implemented so both pve and pvp can coexist and both can enjoy the game in their own ways. Yes sacrifices will have to be made on both sides to better ensure the most possible enjoyment for both sides. I doubt the developers intend on implementing any system that will outright scare off half the population in one fell swoop.

Funny thing is so many pvpers need pvers in their game in order to have fun (prey/fodder). It is NOT the other way around. Look at the mmorpg market today ... all of the vastly successful mmorpgs are pve-centric. Pve is surely a safe bet... mixing them is a gamble. Probably not a good idea to force a developer to make a hard choice, one or the other, for the sake of their game's survival, as pve would probably win.