Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Hey im all for unknown stats on gear and equipment, makes the game that much more interesting. You can assume what is good and what isnt base on the buggy mouseover that tells you if it worn or pristine, and if its quality is poor or superior. That is enough. We dont need people knowingly maxing out stuff.

I know that knife i buy in RL is made from a high carbon steel, its of supoerior quality, i can see its new and pristine, i can then "play with it" if you will....yup balanced, good grip, i like it. Will i know what damage it does in literal terms untill i try it on whater i plan on stabbing? Nope. This is a wonder part of the game imo. Learning is fun.....
    Who the fuck buys a knife and wonders what kind of damage it does? I suppose you can tell me how much health you have?

Why people want to compare apples to oranges is beyond me.

2. 02-25-2011, 10:01 AM

3. 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Who the fuck buys a knife and wonders what kind of damage it does? I suppose you can tell me how much health you have?

well you can buy bigger blade knifes it would do more damage or hooked knifes so when u stab u pull out guts... So therefore they would do more damage! do you think axe does mroe damage then chainsaw?

I wouldn't mind a situation where, if you have, for example, toolcrafting skill, you could inspect a tool and get a message like, "This tool is well crafted and sturdy, and will last a decent time without deteriating[sp?] too much, It is not well suited as a weapon." or "This tool is well crafted but is flimsy and will not last very long, It is more suited to be a weapon." etc.

No stats or anything, just giving a little more info to someone who has the skills, which could add a bit more depth to crafting and trading. Possibly giving info on what it was made out of, how much longer[ballpark] it will last, maybe even showing how much it has been used?

Not something urgently needed, just something that, for me, would be a nice little addition at some point

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    well you can buy bigger blade knifes it would do more damage or hooked knifes so when u stab u pull out guts... So therefore they would do more damage! do you think axe does mroe damage then chainsaw?
    It's not about the knife or the axe, but who's holding the weapon. If you were holding a knife, I'd be more concerned that you would hurt yourself than someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post

what the hell does that have anything to do with my post?

That's what I think the key is. The emphasis isn't the stats on the crafted item being used, but the stats on the person using the crafted item.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    what the hell does that have anything to do with my post?
    "Will i know what damage it does in literal terms untill i try it on whater i plan on stabbing?"

This is a suggestion I gave to a different thread about descriptions.

"I would be all for descriptions, if they made them table-top RPG style with observations based on skill set/attributes. For example a fishing rod found by someone with no fishing skills would read:

This item appears to be a wooden rod of some sort, most likely a tool<toolcrafting>, it is made of an unknown wood <logging> and has some string and a hook attached to it. Based on your observations of the item (Intelligence), it would appear the item is a tool used for fishing.

And of course if you had a high fishing skill it would simply read:

This is your standard oak fishing rod, good for catching trout and smaller fish (fishing), etc. etc.

This I think would be very helpful, without actually giving away much more then most people could surmise with just common sense."