Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    hey friend dont jump the gun.
    They are looking into this and trying to find a solution. It does not make sense to do this and i am sure they will find a sensible way around it.

just give them a few days

I hope you're right. It's good to see there are a large number of players with the same concerns I have, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I just asked for a refund and a sub cancellation over this. I have no problem with areas set aside as tribe development only, but if I can't go out on launch day and lay claim to a tiny plot of land somewhere in the game world, I have no reason whatsoever to play the game at all. While it is possible that in the future I would have joined a tribe, I certainly won't be coerced into it. If this change goes through, Xsyon will be just another game that calls itself a sandbox but fails to deliver real freedom.
    If you are being honest with that statement its likely you should leave. Reason being if one feature such as this one is a game changer for you then its likely you will not stay with the game anyway so its best to play the other game you like more.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    If you are being honest with that statement its likely you should leave. Reason being if one feature such as this one is a game changer for you then its likely you will not stay with the game anyway so its best to play the other game you like more.
    You are very vocal in support of limiting the game play of almost half the server.

I was going to avoid posting this in the hopes that people wouldnt figure it out, but there is a SERIOUS FLAW in your argument that a solo player can just drop baskets on day 1 and set permissions to keep the stuff inside safe. Any Tribe that drops a Totem, whose area of control radius encompasses his private baskets, will have the ability to open his baskets. Its in the game mechanics, not an exploit.

There are ways to convince a solo player that he should let your large tribe have a certain spot besides changing the game mechanics to limit solo players ability to play a SANDBOX game they way they want to from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    You are very vocal in support of limiting the game play of almost half the server.

I was going to avoid posting this in the hopes that people wouldnt figure it out, but there is a SERIOUS FLAW in your argument that a solo player can just drop baskets on day 1 and set permissions to keep the stuff inside safe. Any Tribe that drops a Totem, whose area of control radius encompasses his private baskets, will have the ability to open his baskets. Its in the game mechanics, not an exploit.

There are ways to convince a solo player that he should let your large tribe have a certain spot besides changing the game mechanics to limit solo players ability to play a SANDBOX game they way they want to from the beginning.
    I didnt know that was a game mechanic however I had several baskets out in the wilderness all weekend that never got taken not to mention clans typically are not going to be roaming around with their totem taking some guys random basket when they have a camp with walls, tents and huge amounts invested.

Sorry I still dont see this as a major problem. There are plenty of very nice spots I have seen that large tribes would NOT be intrested in because of the terrian. Perfect spot for a homestead (thus you have protection) and if you want to build major stuff offer your services to a clan that has a large spot.

Seriously, this is not a game changer and like I said, if it really and truely is a game changer for you despite all the other features then yes you need to move on to the other game you like more.

I am not concerned with 1/2 the current population leaving most of them are going to anyway, it happens in most games during the first few months.

EDIT: By the way, I moved my camp this weekend. My camp of 4 bins. I moved about 1/2 a sector. it took me the greater part of a day to do it. People are not going to be roaming around placing totems to steal your stuff, its way too much work

I didnt know that was a game mechanic however I had several baskets out in the wilderness all weekend that never got taken not to mention clans typically are not going to be roaming around with their totem taking some guys random basket when they have a camp with walls, tents and huge amounts invested.

Sorry I still dont see this as a major problem. There are plenty of very nice spots I have seen that large tribes would NOT be intrested in because of the terrian. Perfect spot for a homestead (thus you have protection) and if you want to build major stuff offer your services to a clan that has a large spot.

Seriously, this is not a game changer and like I said, if it really and truely is a game changer for you despite all the other features then yes you need to move on to the other game you like more.

I am not concerned with 1/2 the current population leaving most of them are going to anyway, it happens in most games during the first few months.

EDIT: By the way, I moved my camp this weekend. My camp of 4 bins. I moved about 1/2 a sector. it took me the greater part of a day to do it. People are not going to be roaming around placing totems to steal your stuff, its way too much work
    There are a few points you miss. Its not just about any 1 single issue like having a safe zone from the start. Its about some people being given preferencial treatment to go and choose a site and get established before the other half of the player base are allowed to come and get whats left. Im not just talking about solo players but also 3/5/8 player tribes. Of course then there is also an issue with half the population being able to have a safe zone and the other half not.

I dont think ANYBODY has a problem with the homestead idea its a good solution to have territory size dependent on tribe size its just the fact that its being introduced at the last minute right before a launch that some people have been waiting nearly a year for expecting a type of game that they may not get (at least at the begining) and the feature is not even ready. On top of that its turning a community that was extremely united, friendly, helpful and supportive of the project into one that resents each other and is divided over the games development. In my opinion not a good strategy.

Do yourself a favor and drop the 'move on to another game' argument. I have 12-15 people in my tribe, so the 10+ change to totem placement isnt going to ruin my game play.

Bruisie159 got the point, its about the people who have 3 or 5 or 9 people, who now suddenly cant start building their spot until all the 10+ people Tribes have been at it for a couple days. Have you thought this through or are you so stuck in your own opinion that you dont care what affects half the server? If the game wipe is on friday the 18th and we are able to get in game on friday to set up 10+ member tribes, while the under 10 (including solo players) have to wait 2 or 3 days... what day do they get to play(place their Totem) on? Sunday at the earliest, but probably not until Monday. Oh what you have to work? Too bad you should have just joined forces with a bunch of people you have nothing in common with so you could have a totem spot on launch weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    Do yourself a favor and drop the 'move on to another game' argument. I have 12-15 people in my tribe, so the 10+ change to totem placement isnt going to ruin my game play.

Bruisie159 got the point, its about the people who have 3 or 5 or 9 people, who now suddenly cant start building their spot until all the 10+ people Tribes have been at it for a couple days. Have you thought this through or are you so stuck in your own opinion that you dont care what affects half the server? If the game wipe is on friday the 18th and we are able to get in game on friday to set up 10+ member tribes, while the under 10 (including solo players) have to wait 2 or 3 days... what day do they get to play(place their Totem) on? Sunday at the earliest, but probably not until Monday. Oh what you have to work? Too bad you should have just joined forces with a bunch of people you have nothing in common with so you could have a totem spot on launch weekend.
    are you leaving the game or not? sorry if not so many threatens to quit I cant keep up !

devs we really need an ignore feature please

I was going to start out solo, have my own little place out of the way from day one. I was going to do this to feel at home in the world, see what occurs then maybe join a tribe. I guess a few days doesn't hurt in the long run but why should I pay the same amount of money as the larger tribes/leaders when they receive preferential treatment?

I must say I am not happy this is happening, that the dev/devs are in private talks with these people, that they are shaping the world behind closed doors. Shame

Alright, I've gotta throw my 2 cents in. I'm pretty irked about this change. I've got my little cabin in the woods for my family, and I like that way. There's gotta be a better solution then cutting all of us with less then 10 tribesmen online at launch totally adrift. Now, I can deal with a bit of a headstart for the big tribes, or something to prevent the Porta-Totem moving safe zone... but forcing us to be homeless and wander for days isn't all that cool. We deserve the same rights as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykard View Post
    Alright, I've gotta throw my 2 cents in. I'm pretty irked about this change. I've got my little cabin in the woods for my family, and I like that way. There's gotta be a better solution then cutting all of us with less then 10 tribesmen online at launch totally adrift. Now, I can deal with a bit of a headstart for the big tribes, or something to prevent the Porta-Totem moving safe zone... but forcing us to be homeless and wander for days isn't all that cool. We deserve the same rights as anyone else.
    large clans do not want those cool cabin like locations in the woods because the space is hard to work with for large projects. Homesteads will allow you to create a cabin in the woods. In short, you will have exactly what you have now a few days after launch.