Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Please please please make the nights dark and add different animals that come out at night!

Please man the nights need to be dark and we need torches - there is nothing more immersive than a dark night with flames flickering from your torch.

Wait till the snow is gone. Nights will be a lot darker than they are now. Torches would still be nice tho.

Liking the idea of craftable torches that expire and need to be reignited like a campfire. Equipping a torch in the left hand and weapon/crafting tool in the right would be awesome. Also, placing torches around your camp to increase visibility would be awesome. Campfires are great and all, but it would be even cooler to mark your territory and main paths with torches that sit on posts.

As for the night being darker, I'm on the fence. I would love a darker night if the torches were implemented correctly. And, since I've only seen the game with snow, I can't comment on how the lack of it affects the lighting at night.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Liking the idea of craftable torches that expire and need to be reignited like a campfire. Equipping a torch in the left hand and weapon/crafting tool in the right would be awesome. Also, placing torches around your camp to increase visibility would be awesome. Campfires are great and all, but it would be even cooler to mark your territory and main paths with torches that sit on posts.

As for the night being darker, I'm on the fence. I would love a darker night if the torches were implemented correctly. And, since I've only seen the game with snow, I can't comment on how the lack of it affects the lighting at night.
    Could even have several types of torches... like a Tiki torch that you could stick in the ground to mark paths and such, but also a hand held one. I like the idea of Tiki torches for the paths and lanterns for hand helds.

I doubt this is going to happen now as release is in a few days....

/signed

i havent seen the game outside of winter but that aside, in general, dark for night is good

Hopefully Jooky will read this as it would not be a hard thing to implement - a quick win so to speak.

Sadly the whole night darkness feature is somehow technically not implemented right. I'm using an ATI 5850 which works perfect in all other games and while playing Xsyon at night I've noticed two things.

1. If I drop my shadow quality to medium from high the night is MUCH brighter, for some reason.

2. Whenever it's nighttime, by moving the camera angle right and left the darkness changes from brighter to darker in a matter of seconds. Looks like a graphical glitch, but if you don't move the camera after catching the bright spot you can see EVERYTHING without any problems at night, snow or not.

I'm using last ATI drivers on Win 7 and playing tons of other latest games without any problems at all.
    And yes, I've reported the issue (haven't got a reply yet but oh well )

doesnt matter how dark they make it...if they can make it darker....people with gamma turned up will seem as though its daylight, and those not doing so, will hadicapp themselves against them that do.

Ill have to say darkfalls night time and lighting/mood is the best i have ever seen, and that is saying something seeing as the game is not mainstream.. It really does do it spot on..