Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Hey salv, If you don't mind I would like to say a few things directed at you.

I am probably someone you would label as a "carebear", because my focus is not pvp, but I do understand the pvp is a important part of this game. I don't agree with the broad statements you make, basically saying that if you don't pvp, you are counterproductive and crying about the game. From what I read in the forums though, it seems like the pvp'ers who came to this game want to force their ideas onto the game, and that is what people 'like me' disagree with. I am happy with whatever the dev's long term plan is, and crying is not a pastime :P

Just for a example, many pvp players made threads complaining about safe zones, that were planned well in advance by the dev for the game to develop. In my opinion, it seemed like pvp'ers wanted to force the developer to change his game-plan, and I personally, tried to explain why it made sense to have safe zones for now.

I could go on much longer, but I don't really feel like a discussion, just wanted to throw it out there.

[QUOTE=Burnt;55945]Hey salv, If you don't mind I would like to say a few things directed at you.

I am probably someone you would label as a "carebear", because my focus is not pvp, but I do understand the pvp is a important part of this game. I don't agree with the broad statements you make, basically saying that if you don't pvp, you are counterproductive and crying about the game. From what I read in the forums though, it seems like the pvp'ers who came to this game want to force their ideas onto the game, and that is what people 'like me' disagree with. I am happy with whatever the dev's long term plan is, and crying is not a pastime :P

Just for a example, many pvp players made threads complaining about safe zones, that were planned well in advance by the dev for the game to develop. In my opinion, it seemed like pvp'ers wanted to force the developer to change his game-plan, and I personally, tried to explain why it made sense to have safe zones for now.

I could go on much longer, but I don't really feel like a discussion, just wanted to throw it out there.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt personally label you as a "carebear" because your focus is not pvp. Remember, Im going to be crafting it up right with ya before im going to even be able to consider pvp!

I've tried to make it realized that my whole idea and discussion base is centralized around balance. That is balance for all sides and each aspect, not favor one over the other. Nor would I state that "if you don't pvp, you are counterproductive and crying about the game." In retrospect, heavy crafters/builders are the heart of this game.

Opinions are different. Most that I've seen is the pvp-centric population starts to show up, throw out ideas, then have 5-10 people cry out in sheer fear against them. Trust me, the pvp crowd isnt asking for their own personal desires to be implemented in-game simply to ruin it...they are more pleading with the population/devs to realize how great the potential is HERE and how great this project can become. They are here because there is no real game out there that remotely "fits" into their form of an enjoyable game. The mere potential and promise that a few of their needs can be met by this project makes them incredibly optimistic.

Keep in mind also that a huge portion of the "pvpers" that post have already seen similar situations implemented and already failed by other mmos. They wouldnt be wasting their time even TRYING to help by stating what they are if they didnt desire this game to prosper. It has NOTHING to do with them ONLY trying to "gank" you or ruin your fun.

it's actually quite the opposite i think the pkers ruin the game and all the crafters leave turning it into darkfall. so if you came from darkfall and are coming here to turn this game into that then why did you leave df in the first place? if you think the game is going to be 2 carebear go play darkfall just sayin.

[QUOTE=Salvadore;55941]The ever destructive life sucking cycle that destroys MMO's:

Those who cry the loudest and hardest typically dictate the dev's fear of profit loss. Thus, the ones that are actually enjoying the game for what it is are rarely crying about it, whereas those who are angry for their losses are kicking/screaming "IM GONNA QUIT"...thus, the dev that wants to stay in the positive profit margin, says "better do what HE says, we're obviously here to make money...".

It is way too prevalent today. Very sad actually. Usually the ones that cry the most are never satisfied anyway, thus, counterproductive to the whole design. They are usually the ones that quit anyway even after they get their way due to boredom or a greener pasture to go cry about ;[ The pvp'ers usually enjoy it for what it is and only really leave for 2 reasons: They cant stand getting lied to or broken promises, or the next greener pasture with the hope they will actually have their ideas listened to (this time).

Ive yet to see a single MMO really cater to the pvp populace. Darkfall *kinda* did, but way too little too late ;[

*P.S. LOVE the avatar. Used to have that game back in the day![/QUOTE]

Well let's be honest here. It's the people who are screaming for PvP that are QQing the loudest. So by your logic, the devs shouldn't listen to you guys.

Sure there was a few voice before, but it was relatively peaceful; however, in this past week it has really gotten bad.

And good job on Niburu for necro-ing a thread.

So true. In every game...every forum...the people crying the loudest and the longest are the pvp'ers...who can just never seem to get quite the sociopathic paradise they're looking for.

[QUOTE=Escargot;56030]So true. In every game...every forum...the people crying the loudest and the longest are the pvp'ers...who can just never seem to get quite the sociopathic paradise they're looking for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and it's always the carebears making RL comparisons between people that like PVP and sociopaths who kill people IRL.

diaf.

[QUOTE=Proto;56034]Yeah and it's always the carebears making RL comparisons between people that like PVP and sociopaths who kill people IRL.

diaf.[/QUOTE]

You seem to have a child's understanding of the word "sociopath".

[QUOTE=Salvadore;55941]The ever destructive life sucking cycle that destroys MMO's:

Those who cry the loudest and hardest typically dictate the dev's fear of profit loss. Thus, the ones that are actually enjoying the game for what it is are rarely crying about it, whereas those who are angry for their losses are kicking/screaming "IM GONNA QUIT"...thus, the dev that wants to stay in the positive profit margin, says "better do what HE says, we're obviously here to make money...".

It is way too prevalent today. Very sad actually. Usually the ones that cry the most are never satisfied anyway, thus, counterproductive to the whole design. They are usually the ones that quit anyway even after they get their way due to boredom or a greener pasture to go cry about ;[ The pvp'ers usually enjoy it for what it is and only really leave for 2 reasons: They cant stand getting lied to or broken promises, or the next greener pasture with the hope they will actually have their ideas listened to (this time).

Ive yet to see a single MMO really cater to the pvp populace. Darkfall *kinda* did, but way too little too late ;[

*P.S. LOVE the avatar. Used to have that game back in the day![/QUOTE]

I think people give way to much credit to forums for the way the game direction heads. Not to say it isn't part of it mind you.

Most of them (forums) are just filled with mis-information and/or ignorance, and people just trying to troll for the purpose of "forum PvP". According to most message boards (as an example), Trammel killed UO, whereas, the subs actually went up after it. Perhaps it killed it for "you"... but these games arent in business for "you", sorry to say.. That game changed because of bleeding subs moreso than forum whinning in my opinion.

I'm not going to pretend i know exactly what you personaly want from this game, but in my opinion, (as you said) the same 5-10 people go to any "carebear" thread and scream how the want to "pwn" the carbaerz, and how they can't wait to grief them, and all the rest... So maybe we call this one a wash?

Someone actually brought up in another thread about burning down peoples home, and your response was something along the lines... "I hope so, because tears would flowwwww"

See, the problem with that is, when tears flow, so do sub numbers, and i would think, that, would have a much bigger effect on the direction of a game, moreso than the 5-10 members of a message board crying out in shear fear of PvP. Please dont get me wrong, i love PvP, but there really needs to be some sort of happy medium, so both sides can co-exist, and as we have seen many times, its just really not that easy. I'm not saying destroying towns is a bad thing, or, i oppose it completely, i'm just wondering and hoping it can be done without much flowing....

P.S. This was my first avatar in an MMO, i take it wherever i go

[QUOTE=Palo god;15736]Will the PVPers ruin xsyon...

...with their naked griefing and ganking?

I’ve recently noticed a huge influx of PVPers coming into the forum community. If a large chunk of the player base gradually and eventually just becomes griefers that want to be PVPing griefers that just naked gank 24/7, will the xsyon team change the core game mechanics and the original image of the game to cater to these people? Or will they continue with their original game ideas regardless of what the PVPers say?[/QUOTE]

Fixed the OP.

[IMG]http://podlogs.com/vrenth/files/2009/05/evil_care_bear_by_devinepliskin.jpg[/IMG]

Griefers will kill this game, you need a good balance of pvpers and carebears but pvpers does not include griefers.

Not having a safe zone for these carebears just call for griefing, why not add perma death to anyone go becomes evil?
    At that point we can talk about removing the carebearzones