Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

simple solution

Push back launch until you fix homesteads. Make Homesteads with the same features of 10 man tribes but limit the size and limit the radious which another tribe can be built next to a homestead. Say 1-9 members you can only have a homestead with a 50m from totem which is plenty of room. Homesteads can't expand and tribes can allowing homesteaders to have closer neighbors which in the long run may help eachother out while still being able to do your own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Make Homesteads with the same features of 10 man tribes but limit the size and limit the radious which another tribe can be built next to a homestead. Say 1-9 members you can only have a homestead with a 50m from totem which is plenty of room. Homesteads can't expand and tribes can allowing homesteaders to have closer neighbors which in the long run may help eachother out while still being able to do your own thing.
    Add a timer to the homestead totem and you have the perfect solution. This will stop people from just throwing down totems in order to grief others.

I know that they are hard at work trying to get this exact idea to work... hope it gets done before Friday.

From what I read, currently when you drop a totem, it is the max size of a tribe. The current area they are taking is NOT that big. In fact it is the smallest a claimed area should be even for a single person home stead. In wurm, single person home steads where only of use a to a few as most needed more land then it provided for assorted projects and buildings. If this game is having problems with land shortage with these tiny tribe areas, then the game world is WAY too small.

We went exploring before the last wipe and there was plenty of room and places to put down a totem even with them currently using max size. Large tribes are going to need more room then what they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    From what I read, currently when you drop a totem, it is the max size of a tribe. The current area they are taking is NOT that big. In fact it is the smallest a claimed area should be even for a single person home stead. In wurm, single person home steads where only of use a to a few as most needed more land then it provided for assorted projects and buildings. If this game is having problems with land shortage with these tiny tribe areas, then the game world is WAY too small.

We went exploring before the last wipe and there was plenty of room and places to put down a totem even with them currently using max size. Large tribes are going to need more room then what they are now.
    1 man can claim 800 square meters of land, even though that 1 man can only use 75 square meters alone. 800 square meters of open, untouchable land, because a single person put down a totem. If you think thats not a big deal, then youre selfish, because it quickly takes up land when it consumes 1/4 of a quadrant.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    If you are being honest with that statement its likely you should leave. Reason being if one feature such as this one is a game changer for you then its likely you will not stay with the game anyway so its best to play the other game you like more.
    I absolutely did ask for a refund, and got a response. My biggest short-term concern if we are forced to wait two days to drop a totem is how many times I'll be griefed and forced to reroll before I manage to make it to a spot where I can safely drop a totem of my own. We don't start out in the game world with much, but what we do start with is really necessary, and unlike a lot of you, I just signed up to play a few days ago, so I have no idea how to go about replacing any of it if I lose it. My long-term concern is that a start delay for solo players and small tribes sends a message to the community, and that message is: Solo players and small groups are not welcome! The response I received in answer to my cancellation request assured me that there is room for solo play in Xsyon. Which is why I'm going to stay.

You are wrong to think I quit MMOs over typical (and in some cases even drastic) changes. I've ridden out changes that have caused droves of players to quit, and I've ridden out more bug infested launches and patches and games that were buggy even years after release than I can remember, too. If I enjoy a game, I stick with it. Very few things are a deal breaker. But this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    1 man can claim 800 square meters of land, even though that 1 man can only use 75 square meters alone. 800 square meters of open, untouchable land, because a single person put down a totem. If you think thats not a big deal, then youre selfish, because it quickly takes up land when it consumes 1/4 of a quadrant.
    Nobody denies totems take to much space, people are pissed in what way its dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I absolutely did ask for a refund, and got a response. My biggest short-term concern if we are forced to wait two days to drop a totem is how many times I'll be griefed and forced to reroll before I manage to make it to a spot where I can safely drop a totem of my own. We don't start out in the game world with much, but what we do start with is really necessary, and unlike a lot of you, I just signed up to play a few days ago, so I have no idea how to go about replacing any of it if I lose it. My long-term concern is that a start delay for solo players and small tribes sends a message to the community, and that message is: Solo players and small groups are not welcome! The response I received in answer to my cancellation request assured me that there is room for solo play in Xsyon. Which is why I'm going to stay.

You are wrong to think I quit MMOs over typical (and in some cases even drastic) changes. I've ridden out changes that have caused droves of players to quit, and I've ridden out more bug infested launches and patches and games that were buggy even years after release than I can remember, too. If I enjoy a game, I stick with it. Very few things are a deal breaker. But this is one of them.
    Can you plese pm me the response, cause im in the same boat as you. Been playing MMOs for 8+ years and i have gone through many bad decisions, but this one is new low (if it stays like this).

Make homestead boundries smaller!!! The freakin Apocalypse doesn't play favorites but apparently the devs do!

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Make homestead boundries smaller!!! The freakin Apocalypse doesn't play favorites but apparently the devs do!
    Lol, yes it does.... safety in numbers. Thats how real like works. This game is far more tender to lone players than real life is.

Ah, but you're wrong, I did suggest a solution that I would be content with (keep in mind I'm speaking for myself and have no idea what others in the community think of this solution). I am content to wait a few extra days to enter the game world if, when I do enter it, I have immunity from attack until I drop my totem on the unclaimed spot that I want to settle (to prevent people from having permanent immunity by never dropping a totem, put a reasonable ingame timer on it). That way, I can pass all your happy, hippie, flower picking tribal communes on my way to some isolated misanthrope haven without getting ganked. Then I'll build my mudhut, and if, eventually, you are permitted to stomp it into a mud hole just because you're bored on a Saturday and you can, and if I haven't found a tribe I would like to join by then who would like to have me as a member (probably I will have), then I'll deal with that issue when it happens.

Now, what is to stop the 10+ tribes from spreading out as far from each other as possible while dropping their totems in such a way that smaller tribes and solo players not only end up with the worst locations as far as resources and access to roads, but also traps all of us between you, preventing even isolation?

I have an idea! Starting tools cant be looted. You can terraform anywhere, you can build anywhere. Ok idea done. Whats everyone think?