Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I personally think that if they are expanding a game that already too big for everyone it will be, as if they are digging their grave. I mean so far everyone is so spread out all over the game world that interactions are already limited that people already wish for global chat back. With the population to the game already declining as much as it is don’t you all think that developing the zombies should be more of a priority than a land expedition, unless they came up with a reasonable reason why they are doing? I don’t mean to judge and all but this does seem like a stupid move for development, maybe they could tweak the crafting to be more in-depth we already have to wait for the new guy to join to fix combat so why not start fixing everything else maybe add Mining, or I dunno make Terraforming more interesting adding new tweaks to it, like placing rocks or a bigger Leveling Terraforming Button, then our single square stuff. I have 90 Terraforming like everyone else in the game why not make buttons for like 5 digs deep terra forming…. Something please anything but more land.

haha i too was surprised a hopi member agreeing especially the "there is nothing to do" comment!

I ran across the map looking for anyone last night. Found nobody outside of their safezone. Spent 2+ hrs. ( This is why I quit Darkfall )

The map is far too big for the ACTIVE game population already. Remove totems placed by inactive players and people who got refunds.

Please look into how darkfall failed due to its massive map size and low population and rethink this. Have your artists work on making new models for future features.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    We don't need an expanded map because there still isn't much to do. What we need are new features and a reworked combat system.

We need:
    • A semi-transparent box behind the chat window so it doesn't burn eyeballs.
    • Player names to be white with a black, semi-transparent box behind it so we can actually read them at night, etc.
    • A reworked combat system.
    • More animals in general and a functioning respawn system for them so they don't have to be reset by devs every two days.
    • The ability to shovel snow or at least "clear" snow.
    • The comfort bar to function so that buildings and campfires have a purpose.
    • For buildings we enter to become transparent when in third-person so that containers and players inside can interact with each other without having to go to first-person mode and battle the camera.
    • More "fire building" recipes such as placeable torches for lighting things at night.
    • A system for telling what tribe someone is a part of.
    • Preorder weapons to be removed as they ruin the balance of the game and make weaponcrafting largely useless.
    I agree with everything but being able to tell what tribe someone is with. If you want to know ask or do some research. I have a nice collection of totem screenshots you could buy off me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    I ran across the map looking for anyone last night. Found nobody outside of their safezone. Spent 2+ hrs. ( This is why I quit Darkfall )
    So you did find people, just inside there save zone with is pretty logical at this point as everyone is building and terraforming and there really is not reason to leave you save zone right now. If they want to remove the save zones the maps need to be bigger. We have bigger tribe pretty close to ours and this is not a problem, we are in general getting along with them fine.

The reason I think Wurms Online PvP works and maybe as well that of darkfall is that you do not bump into someone trying to kill you every 5 minutes. A big map is good. I just hope he will as well implement regional resources to force trade between the tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    I agree with everything but being able to tell what tribe someone is with. If you want to know ask or do some research. I have a nice collection of totem screenshots you could buy off me.
    That would not work in large scale PvP or if the game becomes larger (population wise) and asking kinda is pointless "Oh are you our enemy?". I do however do not want a tag that shows enemies however would love to be able to see who is in my tribe and alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    ... don’t you all think that developing the zombies should be more of a priority than a land expedition, ...
    Zombies as a priority ...

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    We don't need an expanded map because there still isn't much to do. What we need are new features and a reworked combat system.

We need:
    • + A semi-transparent box behind the chat window so it doesn't burn eyeballs.
    • - Player names to be white with a black, semi-transparent box behind it so we can actually read them at night, etc.
    • + A reworked combat system.
    • + More animals in general and a functioning respawn system for them so they don't have to be reset by devs every two days.
    • + The ability to shovel snow or at least "clear" snow.
    • + The comfort bar to function so that buildings and campfires have a purpose.
    • ++ For buildings we enter to become transparent when in third-person so that containers and players inside can interact with each other without having to go to first-person mode and battle the camera.
    • + More "fire building" recipes such as placeable torches for lighting things at night.
    • - A system for telling what tribe someone is a part of.
    • ?? Preorder weapons to be removed as they ruin the balance of the game and make weaponcrafting largely useless.
    + plus for agree, - not agree ?? - not sure

Everyone keeps complaining about the lack of animals then the second animals are brought into the game people go out and slaughter them all wholesale. The system of animals in this game is supposed to be based off of real life, ie breeding which requires there to be some left. Increasing the map size will allow for more space for players and animals to be. (My area that I settled in where I had only one neighbor has now turned into five in my immediate area, and I'm not even by the lake) Now that the lag is going away we are going to need more space for people to spread out to, with huge population centers growing as they are. (We might all be in tents, but everyone is in a pretty small area) there is no room for animals to live and propagate. Expanding the map would be a huge amount of the fix for animals, which really needs to be near the top of the list of things that need fixing (after lags and crashes and whatnot) since there's a whole profession out there that really can't do it's thing due to the lack of animals, even if they travel to the middle of nowhere there's none to be found.

There are other things that need to be done too, I honestly would really love to see a way to chat with people within talking range without having to hope that the person is looking at the 9 zone wide general chat, but to say that they need to not worry about expanding the map but focus on animals instead is kinda odd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post

The map is far too big for the ACTIVE game population already. Remove totems placed by inactive players and people who got refunds.

Please look into how darkfall failed due to its massive map size and low population and rethink this. Have your artists work on making new models for future features.
    So you're saying the map is too big because you couldn't find anyone you could randomly kill? How does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    That would not work in large scale PvP or if the game becomes larger (population wise) and asking kinda is pointless "Oh are you our enemy?".
    Just because you and your buds are horrible and unorganized doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Zombies as a priority ...

*sigh*
    Have you ever seen the movie

Ahhhhhhhh Zombies ? its epic