Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    It seems silly to allow us to build stuff if we can't knock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradishar View Post
    This game has some incredible potential. An open world with terraforming has a great deal of appeal. However, if the ability to terraform and create keeps/strongholds is purely for aesthetics, then an incredible opportunity will be lost. A system which allows one to to seek defensible locations for asset creation...but does not also allow some form of competitive asset destruction...will be truly tragic IMHO.

I urge the developers of Xsyon to create a balanced, compelling and entertaining system of both asset construction and destruction. The framework is certainly there...it need only be fleshed out.
    THANK YOU for saying perfectly what I've failed to get across!!!

Major +1.

I really have hope for this community yet. I honestly do. Its almost like a cute little baby tiger that has the potential to really pwn some peoples faces off...or get caught by a zoo keeper and be caged all day and have cute little stuffed baby tigers for sale all around its safe home and takes pictures with chinese tourists all day.

/sarcasm off

Glad I got so many panties in a bind. Good to see you are all alive and really concerned about this game. Hopefully, in 6 months, many will see the potential that im talking about with siege warfare. So many people get appalled when they see words like "asset destruction" and "ffa pvp".

Stressing it - I'm not personally trying to make this game a clone of any other. I'm simply trying to seek out optimistic ideas and open-minded people that hopefully see how great the potential for this game is. NOT ruin it as a whole regardless of one's own personal beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    I really have hope for this community yet. I honestly do. Its almost like a cute little baby tiger that has the potential to really pwn some peoples faces off...or get caught by a zoo keeper and be caged all day and have cute little stuffed baby tigers for sale all around its safe home and takes pictures with chinese tourists all day.

/sarcasm off

Glad I got so many panties in a bind. Good to see you are all alive and really concerned about this game. Hopefully, in 6 months, many will see the potential that im talking about with siege warfare. So many people get appalled when they see words like "asset destruction" and "ffa pvp".

Stressing it - I'm not personally trying to make this game a clone of any other. I'm simply trying to seek out optimistic ideas and open-minded people that hopefully see how great the potential for this game is. NOT ruin it as a whole regardless of one's own personal beliefs.
    I believe you should be able to do almost anything you can in real life that you can do in-game. But in real life you just don't go out and pwn some noobs and destroy towns. If you do that in real life there are consequences, and there should be consequences in-game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No I don't feel the urge to burn them to the ground. This would only mean that I let them to force me to play the game in their way, not in mine.

I do understand that you would find the game extremely boring without the ability to conquer other tribes and territories. A lot of players are PvP oriented and they hate to craft or build for long. The current setup of the game doesn't allow that mechanic, and I understand your frustration (don't know why you bought the game though when it was clearly stated that it has no territory control and won't have for like 6-9 months).

Thats why I hope that we get 2 different PvP servers very soon. I'm sure a lot of PvP players would quit after some weeks or months if they don't get their war game. That would harm the game and the developers too. Its much better to give it them asap, and everyone is happy then.
    Honestly, it would be impossible for me to see this game as "boring" because the ability to conquer other tribes does not exist. I would definitely see it as a tragedy, as in xsyon having missed such a great potential opportunity...even if it be 1 year down the road. Remember, myself and everyone involved with me are going to be doing the exact same amount of crafting as everyone else...we just are enjoying the risk/reward potential.

I bought the game fully aware of everything stated on the forums. I bought it agains the majority that I know criticizing the combat system and various other aspects of the game and scope. I bought it because im positive it will be massively enjoyable REGARDLESS of how I personally hope it ends up. I have fanatical faith, and hope, in this whole project.

I dont think 2 servers are the answer. My tribe will NEED the things YOUR tribe are making, most likely by trade rather than force. Underneath my pvp exterior is someone who appreciates all the same things you do...however...I simply prefer good competition and risk/reward over all the rest. Believe it or not, you guys need MY type of player because, as recruitment pm's have proven to me, you've personally got quite a good bit of "evil" interested in you guys anyway. AKA - im not above merc'in ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I believe you should be able to do almost anything you can in real life that you can do in-game. But in real life you just don't go out and pwn some noobs and destroy towns. If you do that in real life there are consequences, and there should be consequences in-game as well.
    First off, dont mention RL: too many around here take it way too far and waaaaay too seriously. Sad, really.

Secondly, you are completely right and i agree 100%. Im SUPER excited about enjoying every aspect of it! However, if we are in a post apocalyptic world, and someone starts stealin what's rightfully MY junkpile...well...theres friction...and probably someones gonna get a busted head.

Highly doubt it would be all rainbows and glitterfarts with everyone saying "lets craft together" and "sure ill share my limited resources with you even though it might cost my survival, lets talk around the fire..." Just aint gonna happen 100% of the time, ya know?

First off, dont mention RL: too many around here take it way too far and waaaaay too seriously. Sad, really.

Secondly, you are completely right and i agree 100%. Im SUPER excited about enjoying every aspect of it! However, if we are in a post apocalyptic world, and someone starts stealin what's rightfully MY junkpile...well...theres friction...and probably someones gonna get a busted head.

Highly doubt it would be all rainbows and glitterfarts with everyone saying "lets craft together" and "sure ill share my limited resources with you even though it might cost my survival, lets talk around the fire..." Just aint gonna happen 100% of the time, ya know?
    I agree that things would be different in a post apocalyptic world, and what I meant by RL is that "RL if it were post apocalyptic".

I agree that things would be different in a post apocalyptic world, and what I meant by RL is that "RL if it were post apocalyptic".
    Gotchya, glad we can speak on the same level, unlike some of the other playerbase around here.

It just doesnt seem logical, while everyone is out for survival, that there wouldnt be tribes attempting to take EVERYTHING from others...even their lives, homes, etc.

Gotchya, glad we can speak on the same level, unlike some of the other playerbase around here.

It just doesnt seem logical, while everyone is out for survival, that there wouldnt be tribes attempting to take EVERYTHING from others...even their lives, homes, etc.
    The only thing that makes me iffy is the whole tribal seiging thing, if you were in a post apocalyptic world you would have someone on watch at the tribe at all times and people would only leave to get supplies and such. This is a game, so you cannot have that. That's why I think tribal safezones are good.

The only thing that makes me iffy is the whole tribal seiging thing, if you were in a post apocalyptic world you would have someone on watch at the tribe at all times and people would only leave to get supplies and such. This is a game, so you cannot have that. That's why I think tribal safezones are good.
    Right on, I agree with you. Now, would you imagine that some other tribe would be VERY interested in another tribes junk pile, especially since theirs is gone? Or another tribes bountiful fishing location, or extremely defensible/strategic location, or even encroachment and overpopulation of their borders? If a tribe has nowhere else to go...what are they going to do? Venture peacefully and nomadically completely across the map to an open area that potentially has less than where they are? Or would they consider taking over (potentially violently) another tribe's area that has mysteriously vacated the premesis? (consider tribes /quitting game here)

I honestly shudder to think of the reality that would really be in the "real world". Consider the conquistadores and native americans for example.