Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont mind a small community, but you have to ask yourself why is there only 10 to 20 people online at once?
    Also 10 to 20 people is not even an MMO in my book.

This game is my dream game with the features list in the game and working. I'm waiting for this to happen before telling people "Hey check this game out"
    oh I know why the population is small. Games like this simply don't attract the same kind of numbers as themepark games and wow-clones in general. Your average MMO gamer would play Xsyon for maybe five minutes, and then go rant on a forum that there wasn't even a tutorial.

On top of that, even fans of "sandbox" games these days seem to think that games of this nature have to be about massive tribal sieges, and all-out FFA PVP full loot chaos.

Xsyon is a survival simulator. It doesn't fit any of the pre-concieved notions of what an MMO should be. Those who understand that will have a great time in Xsyon.

But quite honestly the majority of MMO gamers aren't going to want to put this much effort into a "game". They want everything handed to them, as they believe they are entitled. They don't want to have to "work" in a game....they want to jump in and pwn some n00bs and take their stuff.

This is a little game made by a little company, designed to appeal to a very specific audience. Being such a small company, it takes them quite a while to implement features. Some players get bored waiting for the game to be "finished" and unsub, with the intention of checking it out "later".

But Xsyon is what it is....and those who can appreciate what that is, while having the patience for it to become more, can enjoy the game in it's current state. Xsyon scratches an itch that most other games do not....the ability to create something that is yours. To own something tangible that you worked hard to create, while "living" and trading in a tribal community.

I understand feeling bitter about some mmo gamers, but realistically Wharmaster is making a lot of broad statements that are based on opinion. No one knows the future and how things will turn out for the game. The OP obviously enjoys the game, or its concept at least to a degree. But one thing is for sure, one doesn't need to start posting a bunch of negative comments about how bleak some may think things might turn out.

It wasn't my intention to hijack the thread btw, I only figured that instead of starting the millionth "this game has potential" thread, I would contribute to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by McGamer View Post
    I understand feeling bitter about some mmo gamers, but realistically Wharmaster is making a lot of broad statements that are based on opinion. No one knows the future and how things will turn out for the game. The OP obviously enjoys the game, or its concept at least to a degree. But one thing is for sure, one doesn't need to start posting a bunch of negative comments about how bleak some may think things might turn out.

It wasn't my intention to hijack the thread btw, I only figured that instead of starting the millionth "this game has potential" thread, I would contribute to this one.
    uh...yeah.....opinions on a forum...whodathunkit?

Anyway, if one reads the entire thread they will know that I'm not bashing. I love the game for exactly what it is. I was merely answering a question.